TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

ECW 11.20.07

I like Nunzio's entrance theme. Its so obviously a rip-off of a real song, that it reminds me of the WCW Nitro days.

Also, umm... nice hair Kevin. Although I'm glad he's dropping the vampire gimmick. He just needs to lose the cheesy music.

Kenny Dykstra: Chinlock MASTER.

I know it's not where they will go, and it probably wouldn't be what Flair would want either. What if Flair/Punk was the little feud Flair has going out. I really don't feel like typing out a big long scenario, but I think with some mic time, stretching out matches, building up Flair as either ECW Champion, or as a contender, and maybe a Punk heel turn it could work.

Hey, I had that thought too. If handled right, it could be damned good, those two I think would work well together. Punk has yet to have a feud or important win over any of the big veterans, and Flair seems to do his best work these days with the young rookies.

Dykstra will probably not hold the World Title anytime in his career. I mean he's what 200-210 pounds?

EFA.

Who did Shelton face?

Dreamer.

Dammit, I got bored and walked off far too soon.

With HHH,HBK and Jericho all joining raw while he was away...Lashley has to go back to ECW right? or start a shitty heel run on raw

With HHH,HBK and Jericho all joining raw while he was away...Lashley has to go back to ECW right? or start a shitty heel run on raw

Lashley ain't going back to ECW. Maybe Smackdown some time to do something with likes of Batista or Edge, but the office isn't sticking the guy they're grooming as the future star on the "C" brand again, especially when Punk's doing a fine job anyway.

Thorn looks like a generic bigman who isn't really big when you expose him to the truely big wrestlers on SD!

NOOOOO WHY DID THEY CHANGE HIM!!!!!

Heyman was the creative mind behind the bite club vampirism stuff, the current ecw bookers didn't know how to book the character. I like to think of it as Kevin Thorn went vampire in order to get laid. Ariel was one hot piece of ass afterall...

I just saw some pics of Kevin Thorne's new look. He looks a hell of a lot like that guy that used to front Adema.

013.jpg

Wow. I can't believe you remembered Adema.

But back to the topic...

I'd love to see a Punk v. Flair feud.

Overall another pretty solid ECW show this week, like the interactions with bringing in Smackdown guys to the shows. Give it time and I bet we'll see Raw guys even show up more than often, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see "Extreme Rules" matches between two Raw or two Smackdown guys/teams be showcased on this show down the road, since we have now gone to the point of having not only ECW guys winning gold from the other shows, but two Smackdown teams fighting each other ON an ECW show (Jesse & Festus v. Deuce & Domino).

Wow, that Kelly-Layla food fight segment was harsh though. Kelly can't even open a can of whipped cream and Layla's top seems to slip off, and they both seemed like they were just two statues standing there taking loads of food dumped over each others heads without even fighting back until the end there.

Wow, that Kelly-Layla food fight segment was harsh though. Kelly can't even open a can of whipped cream and Layla's top seems to slip off, and they both seemed like they were just two statues standing there taking loads of food dumped over each others heads without even fighting back until the end there.

Yea, that segment was SO bad that I'm even wondering if they can produce even worse match next week. I mean, the whole thing was so forced because of their reactions (not moving, not fighting, just closing their eyes so the pie(?) won't get in their eyes, etc) that even I was turned off. And I'm not easily turned off by segments with divas.

I HATE Thorn's new look. It's stupid, especially with his old music. If they're gonna change the gimmick, at least go all the way.

Burke/Benjamin is a great combination. I love it.

I bet they're probably already working on new music for Thorn. It's generally not a good idea to change everything about a character all at once, or you'll confuse the fans. Chill out.

Thorn looked very similar to that Mikael Judas dude that wrestled for IWA Puerto Rico and is now in NWA Anarchy. Maybe he wanted to stray away from that look, I dunno...

They should have just kept the feud with Stevie going for the rest of the year. Would have been interesting to see who won their weekly encounter.

I like Nunzio's entrance theme. Its so obviously a rip-off of a real song, that it reminds me of the WCW Nitro days.

Correct. It's a knock off of No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn by the the Beastie Boys.

God sell job by Punk tonight, playing up the neck post match.

Apparently Kelly Kelly and Chris Jericho shop at the same store.

I like the idea of Shelton being on ECW, him with Burke will be good news and it cures what was seen as Benjamin's biggest weakness in his mic skills. I like that he was given pyro upon his entrance, it immediately makes him seem like a bigger deal. Not sure about the new finisher though.

Was it me or was the crowd for this show unusually dead?

Yea, that segment was SO bad that I'm even wondering if they can produce even worse match next week. I mean, the whole thing was so forced because of their reactions (not moving, not fighting, just closing their eyes so the pie(?) won't get in their eyes, etc) that even I was turned off. And I'm not easily turned off by segments with divas.

I changed the channel.

By the way, what's the deal with Kane v. Big Daddy V on ECW and Smackdown? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of having 3 different brands? It's a decent feud for both of them, don't get me wrong. New competition for Kane and the first nice push for V since Mabel. But, isn't seeing "the Miz" once a week enough? Now I have to see him on Smackdown, too? You're telling me that with the monopoly that WWE has on wrestling they can't find enough talent to fill 5 hours a week? Probably 1.5 of those 5 hours are devoted to blabbering on the microphone anyway. If they're not going to keep the wrestlers on their assigned show, I don't see the point in continuing the brand extension.

When will WWE put an AWA promotion on tv? They could start putting "AWA All-American Wrestling" on Sunday afternoons. Maybe restart WCCW, too. :rolleyes: -_- <_< :bonk: I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.