TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

Smackdown Spoilers for Nov 23rd...

I hope they at least worked in the Pit Stop if they took so long.

The report sent to WO lists the Boys as one of the most over acts of the night.

There are also reports that say the Nasties acted like returning heroes and gave no respect to their opponents, to the point of stiffing them for no reason and making them look bad. They also took too long for the match, giving very little time for the crew to set the ring for ECW.

Yes, I did manage to read the report directly above my post. On one hand, I don't care that they messed up, we probably didn't need to see these guys back. On the other hand, I love nostalgia and am probably one of the only people on this board that not only has no problem with Duggan being under contract, but respects the E for giving the man a job.

There are also reports that say the Nasties acted like returning heroes and gave no respect to their opponents, to the point of stiffing them for no reason and making them look bad. They also took too long for the match, giving very little time for the crew to set the ring for ECW.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's just the way Knobbs and Saggs were trained. I mean they really are old school late 80's/early 90's gimmicks and look who they all worked with. Guys who were brought up that way as well. So I wouldn't doubt if that happen or not but I don't know, I just don't see Knobbs or Saggs just stiffing guys to prove something. Wait..their match took place before the ECW set up, not before Smackdown? Don't dark matches normally go before anything airs or tapes except for those special dark main event matches? That doesn't make sense to me.

I remember when the Legion of Doom came back on Raw in May 2003 and worked against Rob Van Dam & Kane. Hawk was no-selling finishers like crazy.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's just the way Knobbs and Saggs were trained. I mean they really are old school late 80's/early 90's gimmicks and look who they all worked with. Guys who were brought up that way as well. So I wouldn't doubt if that happen or not but I don't know, I just don't see Knobbs or Saggs just stiffing guys to prove something. Wait..their match took place before the ECW set up, not before Smackdown? Don't dark matches normally go before anything airs or tapes except for those special dark main event matches? That doesn't make sense to me.

No no, it happened before Smackdown. The point is that their match took so long it made the Smackdown taping before ECW run long hence the problems changing over before you are going to go Live with ECW.

I remember when the Legion of Doom came back on Raw in May 2003 and worked against Rob Van Dam & Kane. Hawk was no-selling finishers like crazy.

One of the best matches of that year. RVD and Hawk had such great chemistry.

Sounds like the Vicki/Edge thing was something they had more of a long term idea on, and its now just been rolled into one show, hopefully. With Vicki taking the tombstone, thats a clear write-off for her character, hopefully. I think in the big scheme of things, that is probably the best. She is off TV, hopefully with no return whatsoever, and Teddy Long comes back next week as the GM.

I still dont get WHY Vicki wanted Taker to lose at HIAC though, whats her beef with him? Or even if the story is just that Edge manipulated her to get a title shot at Batista then, why did Edge still attack Taker? That part seemed to still have never been explained here.

Question: If Vickie looked like Karen Angle would people be more tolerant of her on screen character and willing to give the Edge storyline a chance?

A lot of the time I wonder if the Vickie criticism comes from people being unhappy about the Eddie exploitation or they just don't like having an unattractive women on their tv screens. Yeah, she can't talk and doesn't have much in the way of charisma, but that goes for most of the women in WWE, but they don't get anywhere near the criticism she does.

Question for people: If Vickie looked like Karen Angle would people be more tolerant of her on screen character and willing to give the Edge storyline a chance?

To me its not that she looks bad, good, or indifferent. Its who she is - Eddy Guererro's widow. She's just one of those people you dont want to see heel, much less in a role like that.

Question: If Vickie looked like Karen Angle would people be more tolerant of her on screen character and willing to give the Edge storyline a chance?

A lot of the time I wonder if the Vickie criticism comes from people being unhappy about the Eddie exploitation or they just don't like having an unattractive women on their tv screens. Yeah, she can't talk and doesn't have much in the way of charisma, but that goes for most of the women in WWE, but they don't get anywhere near the criticism she does.

That's it in a nutshell.......people love Maria and Maria is about as worthless as one can be.

THIS IS THE LAST THING I WANTED TO FUCKING SEE...

A heel GM who bends the rules for his/her main heel, especially if Vickie fucking Guerrero is the GM. She can't act her way out of a paper fucking bag, nor can she draw a reaction from the crowd. Her mic work is horrible, and she needs to be off TV. I understand that she needs money because of Eddie's death, but I'm sure there are other jobs the WWE can have her do instead of being a major on-air talent.

You need someone who is able to work the mic and draw a crowd reaction to make this work. Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman were all able to make it work, because they can do all of that, they can get the crowd to geniue hate them, especially Bischoff. But Vickie Guerrero? Get the fuck out of here.

Bring back Teddy Long.

That's it in a nutshell.......people love Maria and Maria is about as worthless as one can be.

Atleast her dumb stupid gimmick is some what entertaining, and works well when she is interviewing other wrestlers.

What's next, there gonna re-package Edge as Edgie Gurrerro. I guess that's the closest they can get to EDDIE Gurrerro.

Edgie Gurerro.

The thing that boggles my mind the most is that Vicki fell in love with one of her husband's rivals. ( I know Edge and Eddie hadn't fought each other for about two years before Eddie died.) I dunno, I guess I'm over analyzing.

A heel GM who bends the rules for his/her main heel, especially if Vickie fucking Guerrero is the GM. She can't act her way out of a paper fucking bag, nor can she draw a reaction from the crowd. Her mic work is horrible, and she needs to be off TV. I understand that she needs money because of Eddie's death, but I'm sure there are other jobs the WWE can have her do instead of being a major on-air talent.

You need someone who is able to work the mic and draw a crowd reaction to make this work. Eric Bischoff, Vince McMahon, Paul Heyman were all able to make it work, because they can do all of that, they can get the crowd to geniue hate them, especially Bischoff. But Vickie Guerrero? Get the fuck out of here.

Bring back Teddy Long.

See, now you're just contradicting yourself.

If anything, I wouldn't be shocked to see Dusty be placed in that spot before Teddy. I think Teddy ran his course. I'm not advocating the addition of Rhodes to the show itself but within the company, he seems to be the guy they'd put in.

Bring back Teddy Long.

To be fair he's talking about a heel GM who bends the rules for the main heel, not just a GM in general. I don't remember Teddy doing that often, although I haven't been paying a great deal of attention lately.

Good ending would be Vickie out, Rhodes (not the best, but better than Vickie and a face) in, and the reintroduction of Thuggin and Buggin Enterprises by heel Long, only because I really want to see it again.

Bring back Teddy Long.

A) I was talking about heel GM's, not face GM's, trying reading the full post better you make dumbass assumptions

B) Teddy Long didn't get involved in main event storylines, and served his role fine. He didn't need to draw any reaction from the crowd, because his character didn't matter. He barely took any air time as it is anyway.

C) If you watched wrestling before 1999, you would know Teddy is great on the mic and was a great manger in his WCW days. Hell even when he was mangers for various wrestlers on RAW from 2002-2003, he did a fine job. I remember him cussing out Shawn Michaels pretty bad when they were building up to the Survivor Series match back in 2003.

The part with Vicki being attacked by UT and tombstoned was really weird. It was almost like they were writing her off in the storyline right after doing a major angle with Edge.

Guest DCH
Vickie and Edge? That's so...wrong. Just the thought of them making out is mind boggling. Its even weirder than Mark Henry and Mae Young.

I would pay good money for Henry and Mae.

Anyways, the spoilers are all correct, I'm in Aus and we get Smackdown before America or any other country for that matter.

Edge and Vickie is just sick... It makes me gag and almost vomit. I could bear Lita because she actually is ok, but Vickie has a double chin and is soo old. It's just disgusting. Which is why I'm tipping a face turn for Edge, he has an affair with someone hotter than the disgusting slob that is Vickie. Which is everybody including Victoria *shudders*.

Vickie Guerrero was behind Edge's actions at the PPV. Edge and Vickie are hooking up - like the rumored and supposedly discarded stroyline - and at one point Edge and Vickie start swapping spit during the segment.

americanpsycho0ux.jpg