TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

Raw 11.26.07

When are we finally gonna see a MVP vs. Matt Hardy title match? I have been waiting on that match for 4 months now!

WM. Hardy is out for 2-3 months.

Let's hope. For all the buildup (4 months so far?) I believe that it is only fitting that the big showdown happen at WM24 (as opposed to a forgettable, throwaway show like No Way Out).

Also, I was happy with the work that Jericho and Flair put in tonight. Y2J looked pretty damn good for a guy who hasn't worked a match in well over two years. I still enjoy Ric Flair more than, perhaps, 95% of the televised performers that WWE has.

You know, while I enjoyed the Flair stuff on this show tonight I have to say all of it totally trumped Jericho. There was more actual emotion on this Raw tonight and the Flair angle can really be something if they build it up and pay it off at WM. The only unfortunate aspect is that the only way it can be end is with Flair eventually losing a career match.

Oh and Jericho is going to job to Orton now. The ending of Raw kinda gave that away.

I'm going to be very curious as to how the ratings will fair with the Flair angle tonight and in the future. I mean if every match could be his last, it will be fascinating to see how much interest there really is in it. I can't imagine there is a wrestling fan alive today who doesn't want to see Flairs very last match so I expect something good out of it rating wise.

Also, I was happy with the work that Jericho and Flair put in tonight. Y2J looked pretty damn good for a guy who hasn't worked a match in well over two years. I still enjoy Ric Flair more than, perhaps, 95% of the televised performers that WWE hass

I totally agree. I have watched this man for 20 plus years and I was more interested in his stuff tonight than anything I have been interested in, in quite a while. The end of an era is finally upon us and it almost seems surreal. I truly hope mcmahon and the business sends him off the way he should. On top, in the ring crying, holding the belt, and a countless number of fans crying with him that night and the next night when he retires as the champ. Although that would be too good of stuff to give the fans and him so I'm sure he will lose his title match.

Let's understand the live crowd cared more about Flair because of where it is......not every crowd will respond to him like that.

It will be interesting to see how Flair's angle plays over the next couple months. It was special tonight because it was in Charlotte and it was against World Champion Randy Orton. But if/when they start feeding him midcarders every week will it continue to build momentum? It was a great start for the angle, but they need to be very careful proceeding, make every week, every match be special in it's own way. It's a predictable storyline, even tonight against Orton I'd imagine most people saw that exact finish coming. Sustaining and keeping the audience invested in it depends on how much effort and creativity they put into it week to week. I know Flair is up to the challenge, I hope the company can hold up their end of the bargain.

I'm just glad there using the storyline, I thought they were silly for missing the boat with it.

But who does he put over at WM?

So I didn't watch Raw tonight. Someone care to lightly explain what happen, any details on any major storylines would be cool as well. Thank you in advance.

I fell asleep before the Jericho match, but I'm reading about his new finisher the Code Breaker. How did it look on TV? The wiki description sounds pretty cool.

I fell asleep before the Jericho match, but I'm reading about his new finisher the Code Breaker. How did it look on TV? The wiki description sounds pretty cool.

Go here and click on Double Superdrol. That's basically it.

http://www.puroresucentral.com/CIMA.html

Gregory Helms also used it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18z1b_nw...ight-open_sport

So I didn't watch Raw tonight. Someone care to lightly explain what happen, any details on any major storylines would be cool as well. Thank you in advance.

Flair has to win every match or Vince fires him. Regal made HHH vs. Jeff for the ppv. Jericho fucked with Orton more. Lawler beat up Santino again. Mickie didn't kiss any girls. Hornswaggle and Carlito did the spot where Road Runner runs through a painted-on hole in a wall but Wily Coyote smashes into it. That is all.

Go here and click on Double Superdrol. That's basically it.

http://www.puroresucentral.com/CIMA.html

Gregory Helms also used it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x18z1b_nw...ight-open_sport

I know the move, I'm just curious if Jericho pulled it off ok

Flair will probably end up losing to McMahon.

I liked that Jericho was the one that cost Orton the match. I really hope Jericho gets a chance to be World Champion. It seems that he has picked up right where he left off, though. Like he's going through the motions. The hiatus has done little to rejuvenate his career. I'd like to see him in TNA.

I'll give Jericho a pass on last night's match, but he has definitely been guilty of being fairly robotic in the ring, and he sort of was again last night. Hopefully come PPV time, he steps things up a bit.

I loved the Y2J/Santino interaction. It was great. I hope we get an extended feud between these two in the future.

Flair should have retired years ago. I'm really not interested in this new "career threatening" angle.

The Hornswoggle/Carlito segment was unbelievably ridiculous. Even by WWE standards, this was stupid. IMO, it shows a real lack of respect for their audience.

HHH/Jeff at Armageddon could be good if executed well.

Didn't WCW due a "next loss, you retire" angle with Curt Henning? or was it next time he got pinned he had to retire?

Yes, and he lost to Shawn Staziak who also stole his gimmick and music if I recall.

I think Henning had to be pinned for him to retire. He then started getting himself counted out and DQ'ed so in his matches so he wouldn't have to retire. Then he lost and was back the next week.....or something along those lines

Didn't WCW due a "next loss, you retire" angle with Curt Henning? or was it next time he got pinned he had to retire?

Yes, and he lost to Shawn Staziak who also stole his gimmick and music if I recall.

The good old "Perfec-shawn" days of 2000....

Man, Kennedy and Jericho's lame new moves bummed me out. Why does every heel think that the backwards facebuster is so great? Kanyon tried to make it work with the Flatliner, then Edge, Taker ever used it, Muhammed Hassan, Judas Mesias in TNA and now Kennedy. The move blows and is really low impact. What gives?

Man, Kennedy and Jericho's lame new moves bummed me out. Why does every heel think that the backwards facebuster is so great? Kanyon tried to make it work with the Flatliner, then Edge, Taker ever used it, Muhammed Hassan, Judas Mesias in TNA and now Kennedy. The move blows and is really low impact. What gives?

The move is low impact. That's about it. There are only so many cool looking moves that have a extremely low percentage of injury that can be used.

I didnt' even notice that Kennedy had a new finisher.

What was his old one?

Pretty sure it was a top rope fireman carry slam he called the Green Bay Plunge or something like that.

Guest AndrewisyourHero

It depends on how the move's done. The Shellshock (which is basically what Kennedy's move is), when delivered with enough velocity, actually looks pretty good

They did also do it with Curt and he lost. He came back the next week as if nothing happened.

He lost on the PPV on the Sunday and was forced to retire. He showed up the next night by turning heel on Buff Bagwell and having his unofficial pinfall over Buff counted by one of the Harris brothers, and sided with The Powers That Be, who had forced him into the whole deal to begin with. The next week he was back wrestling like nothing had happened. Russo at his finest.

If Kennedy could squash Spanky in 30 seconds, why couldn't Jericho, who is in the main event of the upcoming PPV, do the same to Santino?

They did also do it with Curt and he lost. He came back the next week as if nothing happened.

He lost on the PPV on the Sunday and was forced to retire. He showed up the next night by turning heel on Buff Bagwell and having his unofficial pinfall over Buff counted by one of the Harris brothers, and sided with The Powers That Be, who had forced him into the whole deal to begin with. The next week he was back wrestling like nothing had happened. Russo at his finest.

If Kennedy could squash Spanky in 30 seconds, why couldn't Jericho, who is in the main event of the upcoming PPV, do the same to Santino?

Because Spanky's a tag team wrestler so he's twice as easy for a straight singles wrestler to beat.

/end WWE logic

Meh, I'd rather see Jericho have a somewhat competitive match with Santino over squashing anyone right now. The guy does have a little bit of ring rust, so the more matches he can get under his belt, the quicker he'll get on top of his in-ring game