TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Watchmen

That review previously where the guy trashed it brought up an interesting point. Adrian Veidt is a character that needed to be played by a major star. Thing is, who exactly could play that role? It's almost an unplayable role since there's almost no way the audience will buy what he's selling at the end of the film. The review mentioned Tom Cruise but he doesn't seem like a great choice either since he's far too small.

Maybe Laurence Olivier circa the 1940s or 50s could have pulled off this role.

BTW, I thought I'd let you all know that the Watchmen Motion Comic is coming out on DVD/Blu-Ray next Tuesday:

012309_watchmenadfull.jpg

Its a most def buy for me come next Tuesday.

Adrian Veidt is a character that needed to be played by a major star. Thing is, who exactly could play that role?

It's already been mentioned but: Jude Law. He even has a Rorschach tattoo.

Yeah. He has the youthful look combined with the dignified attitude, but more importantly he has the presence. The guy playing him right now makes him feel too much like a background character and he looks old, even when he's young. It just doesn't work.

And those little animated comics are neat, but not nearly worth it. Sadly, they should have gotten the guy who played the Question in JLU to do Rorschach; the guy doing it in the clips isn't nearly as threatening, angry, or crazy. Too calm.

Edit: Also, watching the creation of Dr. Manhattan, the way his girlfriend reacts just seems wrong. She was basically freaking out in the book, but she just seems too unmoved by the situation. I'm sure they meant to go for disbelief, but the actress fails at portraying it right.

Jude Law was born to play Ozy. Now if you'll allow me to commit nerdy hari kari, I think the Rorschach voice is more grating than Bale's Batman voice, if only because I think he sounds like Jeremy Piven (and I like Bale's voice for the record).

And those little animated comics are neat, but not nearly worth it. Sadly, they should have gotten the guy who played the Question in JLU to do Rorschach; the guy doing it in the clips isn't nearly as threatening, angry, or crazy. Too calm.

Agreed - Jeffrey Combs is the man.

New clip.

Haley and Wilson seem to have their roles down pat. Then again, Dan was always my favorite character.

$35 for this shit? Give me a break.

Couldnt find a good pic so i picked that one

Where do you see this pricing?

It says $34.99 for the Blu-ray (and $29.98 for the SDVD).

$35 for this shit? Give me a break.

Couldnt find a good pic so i picked that one

Where do you see this pricing?

It says $34.99 for the Blu-ray (and $29.98 for the SDVD).

Amazon

I really hope this movie is going to be judged on its own merits and not judged prematurely before people have even seen it, or nitpicked to death for not being a panel-by-panel remake of the book.

Now, excuse me while I ride my unicorn off into fantasyland.

I've really enjoyed watching David Gibbons gush over this film. There's something satisfactory about it. I know Alan Moore will never sit down and watch the film - but I wish he would. I've always thought his work translated to film has been 1 (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) -1 (From Hell)-1 (V for Vendetta). But there is one work I would like to hear his opinion on and that would be the Justice League Unlimited episode "For The Man Who Has Everything". Its a fantastic episode (top 10-maybe even top 5 JLU episode no doubt), but I wonder if Alan even knows it exists.

I've really enjoyed watching David Gibbons gush over this film. There's something satisfactory about it. I know Alan Moore will never sit down and watch the film - but I wish he would. I've always thought his work translated to film has been 1 (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) -1 (From Hell)-1 (V for Vendetta). But there is one work I would like to hear his opinion on and that would be the Justice League Unlimited episode "For The Man Who Has Everything". Its a fantastic episode (top 10-maybe even top 5 JLU episode no doubt), but I wonder if Alan even knows it exists.

I can't remember where, but he's mentioned it before. He's said it's the best rendition of one of his stories on film. That could be taken as a backhanded compliment, but the episode was really well done, so I think he actually meant it for the best.