TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/29 - 12/1

Well if my Sooner's must settle for the Fiesta Bowl there will be no complaints from me. However, I think it's a little unfair that Ohio State can sit back and watch other teams fall in conference championship games, slip into the title game and they don't even play a championship game.

Who's to say that wouldn't have lost today if there was a Big 10 Championship game. If Big 12 Champions were determined like Big 10 Champions are than Missouri would be the Big 12 Champ and on their way to a National Championship. Now they have just played themselves out of a BCS bid all together. I guess we'll get to see Ohio State take a drubbing two years in a row.

Yeah... and you aren't going any higher than there, Mark.

Win your fuckin' division and the SEC Title Game and then we'll talk.

Well...why are teams like Kansas and Georgia ranked that high to begin with if the voters are just going to knock them right back down? Why not just have LSU, USC, Va. Tech, and Oklahoma ranked ahead of them to begin with? You can't have it both ways. That's the thing that bothers me the most about the BCS.

Let's back up one second. How the hell can a team ranked #2, favored by 28 points, playing at home with the national title at stake lose to fucking DAVE WANNSTEDT? I know Pat White was knocked out of that game, but that Brown dude has been at least a feasible backup when he's played (won the Rutgers game last year, nearly beat USF this year). WVU pulled the biggest choke in the history of football tonight, I mean it was that bad. Pitt didn't even really play all that great themselves, about like what they could do best case.

The Mizzou/OU score wasn't as surprising to me. I figured on that one. So let's take a look at our baffling title scene:

Ohio State: The one clear cut aspect in this. They are boring and no one outside of OH wants to see them, but they are a solid 11-1 and in the title game now.

Georgia: You gotta be kidding me. Can you really put a team that didn't win the SEC East in the title game, particularly when they got assraped by the team that DID win the East by 21?

Kansas: I was actually tempted to just say "Fuck it, take the other 11-1 team" but also in the UGA vein they didn't even win the Big 12 North. And their SOS sucks.

Virginia Tech: Blech. Do they have a guy named Vick? No. Thus nobody cares and certainly wouldn't want them in a title game. Besides, the LSU assrape is a glaring hole in their resume.

LSU: This is so deranged but I can see them jumping to that #2 spot. What sort of sick world is this when LSU can be totally out of it and #7 one day and then #2 the next day AND get a home game for the national title?

Oklahoma: This is interesting and they certainly were dominant tonight. But the truth is the SEC is considered better than the Big 12 and losing to Colorado is a glaring loss.

USC: Okay, I know that college football is the good old boy's club. I know it is corrupt. But if I actually see USC #2 in the BCS tomorrow I swear off this crackpot sport forever. A team that lost to Stanford and has maybe 1 good win on the year (AZ State) cannot make any serious claim to the national title. Yet I still hear morons like Herbstreit somehow trying to put USC's name in the hat despite them being by far the worst of these serious contenders. Can anyone seriously make any feasible case for USC over any of the other teams listed here? Hell, I'd put WVU in the title game over USC even after that crap tonight (Pitt sucks but they're still better than Stanford, and USF ended up being better than Oregon). Hell, I'd put Mizzou in it over USC as well with 2 losses to a powerful OU. In fact the only 2 loss team I'd put USC over is Arizona St. because USC beat them.

In conclusion, we'll likely get Ohio St. vs. LSU. That's like rooting for either gonorrhea or syphillis.

At least the ESPN anchor is going on the air screaming "Get Les Miles on the phone!"

They're chasing him, not him begging them to campaign for LSU.

Let's back up one second. How the hell can a team ranked #2, favored by 28 points, playing at home with the national title at stake lose to fucking DAVE WANNSTEDT? I know Pat White was knocked out of that game, but that Brown dude has been at least a feasible backup when he's played (won the Rutgers game last year, nearly beat USF this year). WVU pulled the biggest choke in the history of football tonight, I mean it was that bad. Pitt didn't even really play all that great themselves, about like what they could do best case.

The Mizzou/OU score wasn't as surprising to me. I figured on that one. So let's take a look at our baffling title scene:

Ohio State: The one clear cut aspect in this. They are boring and no one outside of OH wants to see them, but they are a solid 11-1 and in the title game now.

Georgia: You gotta be kidding me. Can you really put a team that didn't win the SEC East in the title game, particularly when they got assraped by the team that DID win the East by 21?

Kansas: I was actually tempted to just say "Fuck it, take the other 11-1 team" but also in the UGA vein they didn't even win the Big 12 North. And their SOS sucks.

Virginia Tech: Blech. Do they have a guy named Vick? No. Thus nobody cares and certainly wouldn't want them in a title game. Besides, the LSU assrape is a glaring hole in their resume.

LSU: This is so deranged but I can see them jumping to that #2 spot. What sort of sick world is this when LSU can be totally out of it and #7 one day and then #2 the next day AND get a home game for the national title?

Oklahoma: This is interesting and they certainly were dominant tonight. But the truth is the SEC is considered better than the Big 12 and losing to Colorado is a glaring loss.

USC: Okay, I know that college football is the good old boy's club. I know it is corrupt. But if I actually see USC #2 in the BCS tomorrow I swear off this crackpot sport forever. A team that lost to Stanford and has maybe 1 good win on the year (AZ State) cannot make any serious claim to the national title. Yet I still hear morons like Herbstreit somehow trying to put USC's name in the hat despite them being by far the worst of these serious contenders. Can anyone seriously make any feasible case for USC over any of the other teams listed here? Hell, I'd put WVU in the title game over USC even after that crap tonight (Pitt sucks but they're still better than Stanford, and USF ended up being better than Oregon). Hell, I'd put Mizzou in it over USC as well with 2 losses to a powerful OU. In fact the only 2 loss team I'd put USC over is Arizona St. because USC beat them.

In conclusion, we'll likely get Ohio St. vs. LSU. That's like rooting for either gonorrhea or syphillis.

Now in fairness here, the Oregon team USC faced is not the same one that finished the year. That is not the same team without Dennis Dixon, and to say USF is better because Dixon blew out his knee is a bit much.

That would actually be a fun call.

"We're 9-3, in the Top 10 of the BCS, and we can't get a bid.

This is such a fucked-up year that they're having to EXPAND the pool of At-Large teams because they're having trouble getting qualifiers, yet they can't send a 3rd team from one conference? WTF?"

Cancel the title game and have a CNN youtube debate to decide this!!!!

What happens when 1/3 of the questions are plants by the Big Ten fans to tear down the competition?

Cancel the title game and have a CNN youtube debate to decide this!!!!

What happens when 1/3 of the questions are plants by the Big Ten fans to tear down the competition?

Have Brooke Marks host, and let her pick the questions.

I am really wishing that Tennessee would have won today.

And I'm wishing that I could have woken up with Jennifer Connelly and Evangeline Lilly in my bed.

Doesn't change how things worked out, now does it?

And I'm wishing that I could have woken up with Jennifer Connelly and Evangeline Lilly in my bed.

Tennessee had the game.

Ainge lost it for them.

lsu's been on a downward spiral late into the season.

Tennessee had the game.

Ainge lost it for them.

Yeah, because injuries are killing them.

CBS's crew were blatantly proclaiming that if Auburn hadn't hurt Glenn Dorsey's knee on an illegal chop block, that LSU would still probably have been #1 going into today's game.

Now that he'll have about 5 weeks to heal up, he should be back in game-shape.

Tennessee had the game.

Ainge lost it for them.

Yeah, because injuries are killing them.

CBS's crew were blatantly proclaiming that if Auburn hadn't hurt Glenn Dorsey's knee on an illegal chop block, that LSU would still probably have been #1 going into today's game.

Now that he'll have about 5 weeks to heal up, he should be back in game-shape.

I heard that too.

But, you could also say the same for Dixon and Oregon. If he wouldn't have gotten hurt, they would be most likely the #1 team in the nation.