TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - December 2007

It's funny how in Armageddon 2003, the crowd noise for Booker T's entrance and Stacy Kiebler (I think it was her, I forget actually) are exactly the same. Usually I don't catch piped in crowd noise because I really don't pay attention to it when I'm watching wrestling, but this really stood out.

Stoked about the WWE Championship History, since I thought about getting the DVD just for my collection about a month ago, but decided not to.

Well, Stacy's music has to be dubbed over which causes that crowd issue. I know around this time they seemed to be having DVD rights issues over Booker's theme, but I thought he came out to the "Can You Dig It" theme from Originals at this show. Not sure why they'd need to dub that over with a new song and crowd noise.

It's funny how in Armageddon 2003, the crowd noise for Booker T's entrance and Stacy Kiebler (I think it was her, I forget actually) are exactly the same. Usually I don't catch piped in crowd noise because I really don't pay attention to it when I'm watching wrestling, but this really stood out.

Stoked about the WWE Championship History, since I thought about getting the DVD just for my collection about a month ago, but decided not to.

Well, Stacy's music has to be dubbed over which causes that crowd issue. I know around this time they seemed to be having DVD rights issues over Booker's theme, but I thought he came out to the "Can You Dig It" theme from Originals at this show. Not sure why they'd need to dub that over with a new song and crowd noise.

I dont think he was using the "orginals" song yet, thus why its dubbed here, cuz obviously they took the show from the dvd version of the show instead of the live one.

I noticed yesterday WWE.com did update their weekly schedule (with no clues for the Shorties) but still isn't telling us what's on tap next month.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but you'd think the perfect theme for January would be celebrating Raw's 15th Anniversary. Throw a few classic Raws in TV Classics, Shorties can be 10 classic Raw bouts, etc.

I noticed yesterday WWE.com did update their weekly schedule (with no clues for the Shorties) but still isn't telling us what's on tap next month.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but you'd think the perfect theme for January would be celebrating Raw's 15th Anniversary. Throw a few classic Raws in TV Classics, Shorties can be 10 classic Raw bouts, etc.

it'll probably be in relation to Royal Rumble, I'd like to see them show the previous Royal Rumble matches in a day to day format like the Shorties for this month

I pretty much think the day to day thing should be done every month to give us several Shorties but I'm pretty sure it's a Christmas present type deal.

Since I'm getting the Rumble Anthology (well, the two volumes making up the part of the Anthology I don't own already) for Christmas, I'd be pretty bummed if their Big Ones and Shorties were Rumble based (I'm not looking forward to this March either). Last year's Tag Team theme was pretty great, but I missed a lot of it due to programming errors / me being out of town.

I pretty much think the day to day thing should be done every month to give us several Shorties but I'm pretty sure it's a Christmas present type deal.

Since I'm getting the Rumble Anthology (well, the two volumes making up the part of the Anthology I don't own already) for Christmas, I'd be pretty bummed if their Big Ones and Shorties were Rumble based (I'm not looking forward to this March either). Last year's Tag Team theme was pretty great, but I missed a lot of it due to programming errors / me being out of town.

actually Venkman, I dont think Volume 3 and 4 is due out till January 8th

Right, and I own all of those already from their original releases... except 1999, but who cares about that show?

That said, I have a crazy interest in seeing that awful show again.

WWE 24/7 Online update on "Hardcore Holiday Havoc" month:

Raw: Episode 7

March 1, 1993 | Approx. run time: 43 mins.

This episode of Raw features Bret Hart's first WWE Championship defense as he takes on Headshrinker Fatu. Plus, find out Money Inc.'s response to the challenge made by Hulk Hogan and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake. You won't want to miss all the action on this edition of Raw.

WWF Championship - Bret Hart vs Fatu

WrestleMania IX Report

Koko B Ware vs Doink

Interview w/ Money Inc

Lex Luger vs PJ Walker

Steiners vs Barry Hardy & Duane Gill

History of the Intercontinental Title: Part VII

December 1, 2007 | Approx. run time: 39 mins.

This month's episode of the History of the Intercontinental Championship will continue to look at The Honky Tonk Man's record-breaking Intercontinental Title reign. On this edition, catch The Honky Tonk Man defend against Bret "Hitman" Hart and Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake and head into SummerSlam against a mystery opponent. Find out just how long the self-proclaimed "World's Greatest Intercontinental Champion" can actually hold onto his title.

IC Title - Honky Tonk Man vs Bret Hart - Primetime 7/18/1988

IC Title - Honky Tonk Man w/ "Peggy Sue" vs Brutus Beefcake w/ "Georgia" - Boston Garden 8/6/1988

Interview w/ Honky Tonk Man - SuperStars 8/6/1988

Brutus Beefcake vs Tom Burton - SuperStars 8/28/1988

IC Title - Honky Tonk Man's Open Challenge - SummerSlam 1988

Introducing: The Miz - SmackDown, Miz vs. Tatanka

September 1, 2006 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

When The Miz debuted in WWE he wanted to make sure nobody considered him just another "reality TV star" who wanted to wrestle. For all those doubters, The Miz proved them wrong and went on to have an impressive 5-0 winning streak. Check out the debut of this ECW star as The Miz takes on the veteran, Tatanka.

Bonus Features: Exclusive Interview with The Miz.

Bad Blood: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels, Hell in a Cell

June 13, 2004 | Approx. run time: 52 mins.

The Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H rivalry is a well-documented one. The two have been the best of friends and the worst of enemies. They have had Street Fights and Ladder Matches. But perhaps no match has taken a bigger toll on their bodies than their epic Hell in a Cell clash at Bad Blood 2004.

Starrcade: Rock-n-Roll Express vs. Midnight Express, Scaffold Match

November 26, 1987 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

The Rock-n-Roll Express and Midnight Express wrestled each other in one of the oddest matches in wrestling history: the Scaffold Match. The only way to get your hand raised is to toss your opponents off the scaffold. Don't miss this rare match!

My Favorite Match: Mick Foley - MSG, Jimmy Snuka vs. Don Muraco

October 17, 1983 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

Mick Foley sits down with 24/7 Online to discuss his favorite match of all time. We go into the vaults to pull out a classic cage match between Don Muraco and "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka. Find out what moments in this match still live with Mick Foley today. Want more of your Superstars' favorite matches? Then check out next month as 24/7 Online sits down with Cory Rhodes.

Bonus Features: Exclusive interview with Mick Foley.

Hardcore TV: Rey Mysterio vs. Psicosis, Extreme Lucha Libre

October 17, 1995 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

Rey Mysterio typically has one of the most exciting matches every week on WWE television. However, take away count-outs and disqualifications, and add in the words "Extreme Lucha Libre," and you have a Rey Mysterio with no boundaries. Catch one of Rey's earliest matches in North America as he takes on one of his ECW rivals, Psicosis.

Kane vs. Undertaker, Inferno Match

April 26, 1998 | Approx. run time: 22 mins.

The Undertaker and his brother Kane met in the first-ever Inferno Match. With flames blazing ringside, who would be the first to burn the flesh and skin of his brother? This battle between the Brothers of Destruction literally turned into one of the hottest matches ever!

Elimination Chamber Match

January 8, 2006 | Approx. run time: 44 mins.

The Elimination Chamber is one of the most unforgiving matches ever. With six Superstars all vying to be the WWE Champion, you can be sure that pain will be guaranteed in the chamber. Then after the match, catch a Superstar choosing the most opportune time to cash in his Money in the Bank.

SmackDown: Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero, No DQ Match

September 26, 2002 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.

Edge and Eddie Guerrero had one of the most heated rivalries in SmackDown history dating back to the summer of 2002. With both Superstars trading victories, it came down to a No Disqualification Match to end the rivalry. With no rules set, both Edge and Eddie were determined to inflict the most punishment possible. With weapons such as ladders and chairs being used predominantly throughout the match, you can be sure this is one bout on 24/7 Online that you won't want to miss.

------------------------------------------

Nice to not have to wait until Monday for the new stuff. Nothing Earthshattering here but ever since the 750K stream started, I'm much more accepting of damn near anything they plop up.

Shouldn't the Miz match be Miz vs. Puder in a Dixe Dogfight? :P

I guess he wasn't under official WWE contract during that time period so this would technically be correct.

Edge vs Eddie Guerrero = good times.

Triple H's Gift: Ricky Steamboat Vs. Ric Flair-Clash of the Champions VI.

A nice reason to like Triple H for a while! :D

Guest bp2007
Shouldn't the Miz match be Miz vs. Puder in a Dixe Dogfight? :P

I guess he wasn't under official WWE contract during that time period so this would technically be correct.

Edge vs Eddie Guerrero = good times.

The Edge vs. Eddie match was great! I had never seen it but remember reading how it was one of the best matches ever on SmackDown. I can see why.

The real gems of the month again is Raw and History of the Intercontinental Title. I liked how they didn't just feature title matches this time and told a little bit more of a story.

I wonder what other kinds of matches will be featured on the 15th? Personally, I'd love to see the Jericho vs. Triple H last man standing match. I doubt we'll get that though since it would need to be blurred.

I got the description wrong for the Flair-Steamboat match, it says it's a TNT Christmas special with doing "Scrooge" with Piper. Minor mistake, just like in past weeks, everything was from 1985 and lasted 93 min.

After watching Nitro and the Mortal Kombat feud with Glacier/Wrath/Mortis/Paul Heym James Vanderburg, how stupid this stuff was ? The worst thing is I'm sort of a Glacier mark since he had that killer superkick finisher in WCW/nWo World Tour (not as nasty as Puchteca top-rope DDT but still...)

Armageddon was a whole pile of nothing. The best thing was the mixed tag match and it was the kind of match where the story took place over the action. All you could hear over the Molly/Victoria match was how Molly was sexually frustrated and had irregularity problems.

When I read that description this morning, I thought "Oh crap... HHH's gift is TNT" and future lame things like that would follow. I also assumed it was a mistake, which obviously it was.

Val Venis' gift is Carlito vs. HBK from RAW in late 2005. Didn't check the date, but his description of the match really made me laugh.

4:00 on all my OnDemand channels. Lucky me. At least Charter does something right, considering they were supposed to put the NHL Network on in November out here, and still haven't.

I wonder who's shortie is the one where Flair wins the title? It was on the monthly montage, so I would assume someone would have the match where he won the title. I thought it was going to be Triple H's fav match, but obviously that wasn't the case.

That was actually a nice little match. It's always weird to see a match from a time prior to someone establishing their finisher - in this case, Carlito doing what would become his finisher in 2006 about 30 seconds into this match.

WWE.com updated the 24/7 page. They haven't announced the PYBO winner yet but next month's theme is "Biggest Bangs and Dazzling Debuts".

Highlights:

Legends: Strongbow HOF piece, Legends roundtable about The Territories.

Big Ones: Rumble 88, Bash at the Beach 94.

TV Classics: First episode of Raw, "Black Saturday" episode of World Championship Wrestling, and the debut of ECW on TNN.

Shorties: 15 Raw debuts hosted by Santino including Batista, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Mankind and The Hardy Boys.

I like the sound of it.

Guest Lee_The_Pea
WWE.com updated the 24/7 page. They haven't announced the PYBO winner yet but next month's theme is "Biggest Bangs and Dazzling Debuts".

Highlights:

Legends: Strongbow HOF piece, Legends roundtable about The Territories.

Big Ones: Rumble 88, Bash at the Beach 94.

TV Classics: First episode of Raw, "Black Saturday" episode of World Championship Wrestling, and the debut of ECW on TNN.

Shorties: 15 Raw debuts hosted by Santino including Batista, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Chris Jericho, Mankind and The Hardy Boys.

I like the sound of it.

Can't wait I've never seen most of this stuff, which is quite rare for me. Bash has Steamboat-Austin too, can't remmember how the match was viewed as it was a one match show with Hogan Flair. Rumble 88 probably sucks but I can't wait I,ve not seen it either. I wonder if SCSA will be the Ringmaster, I was at that taping in Dec. 95.(back when they would tape four weeks in one night). I could care less about Strongbow. Does anyone here have interest in him?why? Is the Black Saturday episode where Vince appears and TBS is flooded with letters` in protest?

Jericho's debut, woohoo ! However, we'll surely get some laughs with some debuts, i.e. the plaid-wearing Hardys (unless they show them in their jobber days), Austin as the Ringmaster, Batista as D-Von's deacon.

Was Rumble '88 the one won by Jim Duggan which wasn't showed on PPV ?

Was Rumble '88 the one won by Jim Duggan which wasn't showed on PPV ?

Yep. Just saw the show for the first time a month ago. There's a decent Ricky Steamboat-Rick Rude opener, a good Women's Tag Team titles match involving the Jumping Bomb Angels and two really boring 15 minute segments that absoultely kill the show (Andre-Hogan contract signing and Dino Bravo trying to break the bench press record) besides The Rumble.

Yeah I am very interested in that Black Saturday show. Heard about it for years and now I'll get to see how much of a disaster it was.

Same here. I want to see it for the historical value.

Also, if I remember right, the ECW on TNN debut is nothing but a replay of Jerry Lynn vs. RVD from a past PPV.