TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser_Brody_

Worst promos ever

Hogan. Slamming Andre. The entire crowd would have to jump on his back as he carries them out when the arena collapses, including Donald Trump having to ride his back.

I have a different take on this and maybe it's because I'm a Hulkamaniac. Hogan's interviews were always over the top, but that's what made him who he was. The early interviews from 1986 and on, with the pom poms hanging down in his eyes, were pure Hulkamania. He painted a picture with his words, telling the Hulkamaniacs that all they had to do was hold on to the largest arms in the world and he would swim them to safety. You could tell when he started to burn out, though, just by watching him talk to "Mene" Gene. By 1993, he was trying to portray the same intensity on the mic and it wasn't working. During the NWO days, he said the same things he had been all along. The difference was that the fans had changed and he was a heel. Therefore, all he had to say was "I am the God of wrestling, bow down before me." And, for those who didn't like him, it drew quite a reaction. For those that did, he was just preaching to the choir.

I would vote Hogan as being one of the best promo guys. His intensity made him who he was.

I think Warrior's promos were good for the character he played. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but he was just this crazy spiritual type of character, so his promos had that...wacky out of his mind vibe.

I agree. We all have to remember that this was the Super Hero era of the WWF, the over the top stuff sold. Most of the time you couldn't understand what he was saying so you had to listen real close. His physical actions told the spoke volumes. The snorting, bellowing, etc.

Bobby Lashley is just plain awful, he might have the least intimating promo in history. I can only hope that he gets better with time. I remember that Chris Benoit was pretty bad once even though he did get better with time. Hopefully Lashley can do the same.

Lashley wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that he sounds like a pissed off 5 year old whenever he speaks. Who could forget his promo in early December last year, "AH YOU GUYS! DA TWIB-YUTE TO DUH TWOOPS IS GONNA BE GWEAT!" IMO, if they couldve gotten Heyman to stick around after December to Dismember, they should've eventually turned Lashley and made Heyman his mouthpiece. For God's sake, Lashley should never say another word in a wrestling ring ever again.

Bobby Lashley is just plain awful, he might have the least intimating promo in history. I can only hope that he gets better with time. I remember that Chris Benoit was pretty bad once even though he did get better with time. Hopefully Lashley can do the same.

Lashley wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that he sounds like a pissed off 5 year old whenever he speaks. Who could forget his promo in early December last year, "AH YOU GUYS! DA TWIB-YUTE TO DUH TWOOPS IS GONNA BE GWEAT!" IMO, if they couldve gotten Heyman to stick around after December to Dismember, they should've eventually turned Lashley and made Heyman his mouthpiece. For God's sake, Lashley should never say another word in a wrestling ring ever again.

yea he reminds me of Lesnar when he first talked. This girly, little boy sounding voice coming out of this big musclehead dude

I can't remember the context of the promo, but it was Monty Brown talking to a Bob the Builder doll as if it was Christian.

In fact, most of Monty's promos sucked.

Christian had just come into the fed. Monty Brown decided that he had Bob The Builder boots. Thus, he spoke to the Bob The Builder doll.

...it probably made sense to him.

"You say your name is Finlay and you love to fight. I say your name is Finlay and you're a bastard!"

Bobby Lashley is, indeed, Mr. Electricity behind the mic.

More like "BATH-TURD!"

I don't think anyone tops Ultimate Warrior for me, as far as bad promos. I mean, even as a 10 year old complete and total mark, I would sometimes change the channel when did his long rambling promos. His ones leading up to WM6 against Hogan were probably the worst.

His ones leading up to WM6 against Hogan were probably the worst.

I don't know. This obscure "gem" is pretty awful

In it he references Planes, Trains, and Automobiles and quotes Bryan Adams' "(Everything I Do) I Do It For You"

During one of ROH's first shows Xavier and Jerry Lynn had this really awkward backstage promo about how much they love Soylent Green. Jerry Lynn just goes, "yeah, they're awesome dude."

Indies are a gold mine for some awesomely bad promos.

As I said earlier in this thread...here's the Hogan/Warrior promo exchange from Mania VI.

...don't know if they're bad as much as they're...bizarre.

======================================

Gene: Hulk Hogan, the greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time! Here we are at WrestleMania VI. The waiting's over...here comes The Ultimate Challenge.

Hulk: You know something, Mean Gene, you don't have to remind me and my Hulkamaniacs that at Skydome we're gonna face The Ultimate Challenge brother. When we crossed the border from the United States of America to Canada, I was hovering over Skydome brother, I saw what was beneath me man! I saw the greatest arena of all time, where The Ultimate Challenge will take place! And as we landed brother, nothing but stark-raving Hulkamaniacs were there to greet me at the airport. Nothing but positive vibes, man! Hulkamania is runnin' wild like it's never ran before! But The Ultimate Warrior...you must realize that when you step into Skydome, when you feel the energy that is gonna run wild throughout the arena, those are my people, that's my energy brother! And Ultimate Warrior (holds up hand) THIS is where the power lies, man! In the power of the Hulkster, the largest arms in the world. And once I get you down on your knees Ultimate Warrior I'm gonna ask you one question, brother. I'm gonna ask you 'Do you want to live forever?'. And if your answer is 'Yes' Ultimate Warrior, then breathe your last breath into my body. I can save ya! My Hulkamaniacs can save ya! We can turn the darkness that you live in into the light. We can save all your little Warriors with the training, the prayers and the vitamins! But I've gotta prove one thing to all my Hulkamaniacs out there: It's not whether you win or whether you lose. The only thing that matters is what kind of winner you are or what kind of loser you are. And Ultimate Warrior, I sure hope you're a good loser, brother. Whatchu gonna do, in Skydome, when the largest arms in the world and Hulkamania destroys you?

Gene: All right, the time is now, Hulkster, thank you! Standing by, Sean Mooney!

Sean: Thank you, Mean Gene, I'm with the reigning Intercontinental Champion the Ultimate...

Warrior: (Grabbing Mooney and the mike)YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NORMAL! You don't deserve to breathe the same air that I and Hulk Hogan do! (Shoves Mooney away) Hulk Hogan, I must ask you now, as you asked me: Do you, Hulk Hogan, want your ideas...your beliefs...to live forever? For Hulk Hogan, in this normal world, physically, NONE of us can live forever! But the places you have taken the Hulkamaniacs, the ideas and beliefs you have given them, can live through me Hulk Hogan. That is why I breathe! That is why the Warriors have come! Hulk Hogan, there are ones that question WHERE YOU ARE TAKING THEM! Do you no longer want to walk or step into that darkness? Hulk Hogan, the darkness I speak of is nothing to fear! It is about the beliefs of accepting any and all challenges at the cost of losing everything Hulk Hogan. You have lived Hulk Hogan for the last five WrestleManias for this one belief! Now Hulk Hogan I come to take what you believe in further than you ever could! I come Hulk Hogan, NOT to destroy the Hulkamaniacs and Hulkamania. I come Hulk Hogan to bring the Warriors and Hulkamaniacs together as one as we, Hulk Hogan, accept all of the challenges with all the strengths of the Warriors and Hulkamaniacs together. Hulk Hogan, the colors of the Hulkamaniacs are coming through the pores of my skin! And Hulk Hogan, when we meet Hulk Hogan, I will look at you and you will realize then that I have come to do no one no harm! But only Hulk Hogan to take what we both believe in to places (looks up) it shall never have been!