TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

The Wire: Final Season

I think I'm going to go the On Demand route the rest of the season.

So...Episode 2:

I was really enjoying the Marlo/Avon visit in the jail. But they completely ruined it when Avon flashed him that West Side at the end. Not only was it corny, but the entire demise of his empire was correlated with Marlo taking out what was left of his crew. I just don't get it at all.

I also hate Jimmy making up murders.

I just really hope that in the first case it's a set-up and in the second case it has a big payoff.

I think the way it's setting, up , is that Avon has been working through Slim Charles since hee's been locked up. during season 3, after he found out Stringer offed Deangelo, and Cutty wanted out of the game. He became closer to Slim Charles than anybody. The only time anybody has had a clear shot on Marlo, was Slim Charles. He didn't take the shot, because he didn't get the go ahead from Avon, because at the time Avon's safe house was getting raided, so he didn't know they had a clear shot of Chris, Marlo, and "The old guy from the rim shop". Well since than Slim Charles has been, Prop Joe's (Another guy Avon hates) LT, and has basically been Joe's right hand man. I think this all a scheme by Slim/Avon, to make Slim the New Power. Slim knows where the good dope Joe is getting, comes from. Avon has the Russian under his authority in prison. I think they're going to kill 2 birds with one stone, maybe 3 if they get there hands on Omar.

I have a feeling that Avon is going to try to use the Russian to get back at Marlo for fucking up his crew. He flashed the sign to make Marlo more comfortable.

Just a guess is all.

Holy fuck episode two was serious tings.

- When Bubs announced that he'd gone 15 months sober I got all misty-eyed. I think of all the endings I'd want for any characters Bubs staying clean is at the top of my list.

- The conversation between Avon and Marlo was beautiful. I freaked when Avon walked through the door instead of Sergei. Also dug that Marlo called him Boris as it brought back Sergei's quote in season two. "Why the fuck Boris? Why always Boris?"

- Clay Davis losing his shit on Burrell.

- Clark Johnson running the newsroom. The dude from Syriana who made up the story on the wheelchair kid looks to be an awesome sleazebag.

- Seeing Kima show her maternal instincts upon finding the boy in the closet was good stuff. People look at the tough, lesbian exterior and forget how heartbroken she was in season four when she saw her ex-partner had given birth.

- JIMMAY. JIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. DOCTOR THAT SCENE!

Well, they're not really leaked, they are available on your TV set. I myself was going to wait for the HBO HD broadcast because I don't have OnDemand in HD but then I found out that HBO HD doesn't have a lot of the TV shows in HD, including The Wire.

As far as I'm concerned, The Wire airs on Mondays, because that's when I'm gonna watch all the new eps.

Episode 3: FUCKING AWESOME.

McNulty fucking the girl on the hood of the car and then flashing the badge at the cops while he kept on plowing is up there with him recrashing the car in a drunken stupor for all time McNulty moments.

Ashy Larry ripping Clay Davis? Awesome. "We going to jail."

Lester going IN ON Jimmy's plan..."We have to kill again." AWESOME.

The torture/murder of Butchie was fucking powerful. And OMAR! finding out at the end and the look on his face? It's going to be an epic war.

Oh my god, these next 7 episodes are set up to be epic.

I read this remote possibility somewhere, but wouldn't it be uber fucked up if ...

Omar were to be framed and convicted for Snoop and Chris's murders of people in the vacants?

I could see the writers for this show doing something like that, but after reading a couple spoilers, it doesn't look like it's headed in that direction.

A) I would be furious, as would 99% of the fanbase

B) The police know who is responsible and that would never happen, even in that fucked up department

C) It doesn't look like they are heading that way at all... thank God.

You know - I was thinking it wasn't much of an episode until that. But damn, that was cold. And awesome.

And Cheese gave him up! You KNOW Cheese is tasting shotgun.

Some questions/comments about Ep 4:

Who was the lieutenant that Omar said is the first target? It wasn't Chris, was it? Omar might have a bit of a match there.

LOL @ the port guys among the homeless

LOL @ McNulty drinking the listerine (Jamey and Listerine - your scent)

LOL @ the Prop Joe/Herc conversation

LOL @ Herc's mercedes

And what are Spiros and the Greek doing in Baltimore? They fled and IIRC, they switch locations when they're hot and never return. I think that's a lack of continuity a bit... or did I miss something?

And without giving anything away - this Marlo/Omar war is going to be fucking epic.

You know - I was thinking it wasn't much of an episode until that. But damn, that was cold. And awesome.

And Cheese gave him up! You KNOW Cheese is tasting shotgun.

Some questions/comments about Ep 4:

Who was the lieutenant that Omar said is the first target? It wasn't Chris, was it? Omar might have a bit of a match there.

LOL @ the port guys among the homeless

LOL @ McNulty drinking the listerine (Jamey and Listerine - your scent)

LOL @ the Prop Joe/Herc conversation

LOL @ Herc's mercedes

And what are Spiros and the Greek doing in Baltimore? They fled and IIRC, they switch locations when they're hot and never return. I think that's a lack of continuity a bit... or did I miss something?

And without giving anything away - this Marlo/Omar war is going to be fucking epic.

The Greeks coming back is a bit of a continuity flaw, but I guess you can explain it by looking at that it has been at least 5 years story wise. They probably could have checked and made sure they weren't hot anymore. Plus, they seem to have been active the whole time, so they must either have good contacts in the force still to feel safe.

Ep 4: leave it to The Wire

to lull you to sleep with what appears to be an average episode, only to end it with one of the biggest "Holy Shit!" moments in the history of the series.

I couldn't hold out. I d/l episodes 5 and 6. I'm not going to say anything in this thread about them because I'd imagine some serious shit is going to go down after these episodes... I probably won't get to watch them until tomorrow but I'm pretty excited about them.

I checked episode 5 to see if it worked and downloaded properly and the first scene is

Vondas w/ Marlo on a bench.

No idea what the scene is about or what happened but man I can't wait to watch these.

They got into an argument at the Co-op about who should get the Baltimore County corners. It got heated and Cheese stormed out of the room.

Get excited for next Monday guys. Episode 5 is awesome in so many ways. That's all I'm going to say about it.

A non-spoiler spoiler below:

Tons of character development and a spectacular final 10 minutes.

Do you not have HBO on Demand? I jumped the gun by one episode in one post but every other single post in this thread has been about an episode that is already freely available on your TV set.