TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

I was thinking about that today while playing SVR - with Jericho, HHH, HBK, and Flair all back on Raw as faces since Lashley's injury and Kennedy's heel push stuck in neutral (barring the results of how this HBK feud goes), what's Lashley going to do? All those faces can't all feud with Orton at the same time, either. Someone is going to have to go heel or Lashley will have to go to SmackDown.

I'm really looking forward to Armageddon. This is the best card since 2002. I'm hoping Mysterio / MVP gets added.

Kelly Kelly was said to be devastated backstage after her match with Layla on ECW Tuesday night. She spent a lot of time training and practicing her handspring elbow with Layla and hit it numerous times before the show, but botched it in front of the live crowd. She won a lot of respect backstage for taking it so seriously.

-- PWInsider

Kelly Kelly was said to be devastated backstage after her match with Layla on ECW Tuesday night. She spent a lot of time training and practicing her handspring elbow with Layla and hit it numerous times before the show, but botched it in front of the live crowd. She won a lot of respect backstage for taking it so seriously.

-- PWInsider

Well, at least she's putting in an effort

I honestly wouldn't mind a Lashley return. Lashley has all the tools to be a good wrestler; he only needs a lot of promo work, or a good mouth piece. He's got the basic wrestling chops, if the E would ever let him use them, and he's got the physique and power that Vince loves. If Lashley can do a few things, he'll be gold:

1. Develop a better power game. He needs some really good power moves. He lacks even Batista's weak ass power game, and that's just sad. As far as I can tell, he uses that stalling vertical suplex, an exploder suplex, that Davey Boy Smith running powerslam, and that's it. A guy with his physique who is sold as a dominating powerhouse needs to show that off with a lot more than that.

2. Drop the Spear. Too many other people use it to make it legitimate as a finisher anymore. The spear has become the new DDT. It's just too common to be seen as a legitimate finisher without something special added to it. Goldberg's spear and Rhyno's Gore look devastating. Lashley's spear is way too much like Edge's to make it a good finisher. Edge has, IMHO, the worst spear in wrestling today.

3. Learn to promo or get a mouthpiece. Lashley needs to work with a voice coach or he needs to be paired with a good talker. I would have said to pair him with Elijah Burke, but now he's on RAW. There don't really seem to be any good manager types out there now. This would almost certainly require a heel turn, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Lashley has a terrible voice. He can seem intimidating if he never talks and just does that Brock Lesnar style of hyperventilation, but he'll need someone to talk him up and get him over with someone other than Vince.

I'm indifferent to Bobby Lashley right now. When he returns, he'll just be another guy in the mix to me, but if I never saw him in a ring again I really wouldn't care.

I'm in the wait-and-see boat with Lashley too. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I really believe that with a little more care they could make him into a legitimate main-event player, no neccessarily on RAW which as people have said is becoming pretty crowded, but over on ECWDown.

I agree with what godfish is saying, his wrestling style needs some polishing. The power moves thing is one aspect. The other is his amateur background. If Lashley has a legitimate amateur background and he can use it in his matches to make him stand out from the pack, he should be allowed to. He's been stuck with this 'generic big guy' style and it does nothing for him. I can only remember one, maybe two matches where he showed any amateur background, yet the announcers continually mention it. It's kinda like Burke's boxing background. Almost as if they're scared of someone being, shock horror, different.

Hell, just accentuate the fact that he's athletic. The dive through the cage did more for his career than months of squash matches ever could.

I don't neccessarily think he needs to be turned heel. It's an option (it sure as hell worked for Brock), but he was a convincing enough babyface when paired against the right opponents, Finlay and Umaga. He really does need a mouthpiece though. The idea of a face manager, a male manager preferrably to avoid any temptation for a romance angle and thus acting, in this day and age doesn't seem likely. But it needs to happen to cover his weakness vocally.

Brock debuted as a heel, right? He was a heel who came out and destroyed EVERYONE, then turned face in one of the least obvious WWE turns ever by being put up against the Big Show and seen as the underdog for once, and then actually suplexing and F5ing the Big Show (which I'll admit, made me mark out like fucking crazy). And then he turned back to heel and went into whiny Bitch Lesnar mode, which sucked.

I dunno. Lashley's never seemed that impressive to me.

Lashley has powerslammed Viscera before.

Lashley is pretty fucking awesome, he looks good during the times he has used his "amateur" background. Plus he has the athleticism of Shelton Benjamin without the tendency to botch... that's pretty fucking impressive.

If they're going to turn Lashely heel, they should just make Santino his mouth piece. They have history, it will give Lashely some body to talk for him, and you can even kick Santino's character up a notch. Santino would be a even bigger prick, if he had a guy like Lashely by his side.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=198634553

WWE has changed the ECW main event storyline. It was originally planned that ECW Champion CM Punk would face either Mark Henry, Kane, or Big Daddy V as the main event for tonight’s ECW on Sci-Fi taping. Punk will now choose either Big Daddy V or Mark Henry as his opponent at tonight’s tapings but it will be for the ECW Championship match at Armageddon later this month.

Think Punk's dropping the belt?

Bah, they just C&P'd that from Meltzer's update yesterday. I checked for that on WWE.com and it sounded like it still said Punk had to wrestle them on the TV show, but there was a quick mention in the Power 25 about choosing them for Armageddon. I figure Punk retains somehow either way.

Remember when he was supposed to drop it back to Morrison almost immediately after John's suspension ended?

Mr Kennedy talks about his part in the Signature Pharmacy deal

"I had a legitimate medical reason to have it. How was I supposed to know my doctor's a quack? I was injured and had a legitimate reason. I tore my lat in 2005. I had surgery, went home and had a staph infection that I almost died from. I lost about 45 pounds in about three days. I had a legitimate medical reason for having it, however my name turned up on that list. Vince and the company's hands were tied. They had to suspend me...."It's one of those things. But stuff happens in this business. I'm going to learn from my mistakes. I'm not going to make that same mistake again. I'm just going to keep pushing on and moving forward."

One of the drugs Kennedy was ordering was Anastrozole:

Anastrozole (INN, trade name: Arimidex®) is a drug indicated in the treatment of breast cancer in post-menopausal women. It is used both in adjuvant therapy (i.e. following surgery) and in metastatic breast cancer. It has the effect of decreasing the amount of estrogens that the body makes.

So either KK is a post-menopausal breast cancer-stricken woman, or he was up to something fishy?

He had a legitimate reason for it.

I don't think he mentioned that enough, only about three times. In one paragraph.

He was afraid his tits would sag while they reattached his lat muscle? Cancer caused by lat tear? Lat tears cause cancer? Aiming for Astro-glide and misclicked? Felt bad for Batista's wife?

The excuses are endless.

If they're going to turn Lashely heel, they should just make Santino his mouth piece. They have history, it will give Lashely some body to talk for him, and you can even kick Santino's character up a notch. Santino would be a even bigger prick, if he had a guy like Lashely by his side.

That would be absolutely perfect. Santino is the only decent talker on the brand right now. He's painfully crappy in the ring, so having him go managerial and point Lashley at the person who wants kick his faux Italian BUTT that particular week, and Santino goes from funny comedy heel to funny comedy heel with an incredibly dangerous bodyguard. What could really make this interesting is a heel vs. heel promo war between Kennedy and Santino, and just before Kennedy stomps Santino, Lashley comes out and destroys Kennedy. And Santino starts selling Lashley as his new bodyguard, since he helped him out against the first bully who thought he could walk all over Santino (Umaga). Lashley gets a subtle, but understandable heel turn, and Santino as his mouthpiece.