TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Just wondering, since Jeff Hardy isn't defending the IC title at Armageddon I was wondering, when was the last time he actually did defend it. Hell with my memory it could of been on Raw last week but it seems like he hasn't defended it for a while now.

I believe he defended it against Umaga that night Snitsky interfered a few weeks ago, although I could be wrong.

From Kennedy....

"I had a legitimate medical reason to have it (steroids). How was I supposed to know my doctor's a quack? I was injured and had a legitimate reason. I tore my lat in 2005. I had surgery, went home and had a staph infection that I almost died from. I lost about 45 pounds in about three days. I had a legitimate medical reason for having it, however my name turned up on that list. Vince and the company's hands were tied. They had to suspend me... it's one of those things. But stuff happens in this business. I'm going to learn from my mistakes. I'm not going to make that same mistake again. I'm just going to keep pushing on and moving forward."

Mecca, bro, that was posted on the previous page....I can understand if you missed the post in a previous thread or folder and reposted it here, but it was already covered about 10 posts before yours in this very thread.

Sort of off topic, but I'm looking for an internship and there is an internship opportunity in the E's West Coast office, should I apply?

Why not? I imagine it's probably less wrestling ops based than you think, more advertising and distribution directed. Do you have a job description handy?

Sort of off topic, but I'm looking for an internship and there is an internship opportunity in the E's West Coast office, should I apply?

Downplay your wrestling fandom and play up how it fits your desired field and your schooling. Wwe hates fanboys looking for jobs...

World Wrestling Entertainment

Part-Time Intern

This is a PART TIME Unpaid Internship

Date Posted: 11/29/2007 3:26:46 PM

Description: World Wrestling Entertainment, the global leader in sports entertainment, reaches over 16 million viewers domestically and over 47 million international fans worldwide.

The West Coast Division of World Wrestling Entertainment, is seeking a college student to intern within its Entertainment Relations department. Our Santa Monica based office is dedicated to placing WWE talent in all forms of media from television and music videos to public appearances and magazine articles. Another focus in our department is booking celebrities for cross-promotional opportunities on WWE televised and pay-per-view events.

This is a great opportunity for a student who is interested in working in the entertainment industry. Primary duties will consist of special projects as assigned and being able to perform basic office tasks (phones, filing, copying, faxing, data basing, etc.).

Requirements: Qualified candidates must have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the internet; have exceptional organizational and writing skills; be detailed oriented, self-motivated and dependable. We are looking for a student that is able to dedicate their time to the tasks assigned and remain focused on that task until it is completed. Knowledge of WWE programming, talent and story lines is a definite plus but not required.

Salary: Unpaid

Contact: Please send resume and cover letter, direct all cover letters to Chris Tilley

I think it's easy not to be a fan boy since I don't watch the product as regularly as I used to.

Sounds fine as an internship, just as long as you have realistic expectations about what you're going to get out of it. Most positions like that tend to be pretty unexciting, but they're definitely good on a resume to show you have real world job experience beyond flipping burgers.

I cant believe the WWF wants $70 for ringside seats to a SD/ECW house show.

I can. They're in limited supply and people will pay it, so why not? It's probably a better deal than front row at most concerts.

I cant believe the WWF wants $70 for ringside seats to a SD/ECW house show.

I can. They're in limited supply and people will pay it, so why not? It's probably a better deal than front row at most concerts.

They had an ECW show last year and I think at best the 5,000 seat arena was 1/3rd sold out.

Im holding out on winning a ticket.

So your defense for your comment is to bring up a failed tour that had to be merged into SmackDown tours?

Even in that instance, I guarantee all the $70 seats were sold Marv, so I'm not sure if you're trying to support your disbelief over the cost by talking about poor attendance or not.

Guest Moots

As much as I love Jericho (ARMBAR!) he looked horrible on Raw. Short hair is bunk, but worst of all he looked flabbly, his tits sagged more than mine for christ sake.

Was also very disappointed by "The Code Breaker" Weaksauce, total weaksauce, go back to the original Lion tamer.

I guess flabby Jericho is better than no Jericho though, and is a hundred times better than Orton with his wet mop of a personality.

.......GIMMIE BACK MY HOLDS!

Your new here, so I'll be nice. We've really really already discussed/debated/made comments about Jericho's big return. I'm pretty sure no one wants to go into it again, plus your already 3 weeks late so stuff like this goes into the pinned thread titled "Comments that don't warrant a thread.", so it's best to post dated topics in that thread.

Welcome to TSM.

Since it was brought up in another thread...Jericho's return so far has been completely unentertaining to me so far. I'd swear he's being set up to fail, but let's not point fingers yet.

You know, I was a member of the original boards as Lifeless Joe. I was a pretty active contributor until it switched over. Then, I became a lot less vocal, just sat back and read the boards. Even when I thought I would dive back in, and created this account, I barely said a word (see number of posts vs. joined date). Now that I'm getting more vocal, and I've seen some of the progressions of the board and the IWC, I don't feel bad saying this...

Jaxl, I am more proud of you than I have been of anyone or anything ever.

Jericho's return is dissappointing because, frankly, so many people here made it out to be bigger than it really was. Jericho will never be seen on a level with Rock, Austin, Cena or to a lesser extent Hunter and Taker.

WWE would like Carlito to stay with the company after he gave his notice a few weeks ago. However, he is leaning towards leaving in a few weeks.

On the heels of Booker T leaving WWE a few weeks ago,apparently they don't want another huge WWE name to make the jump to TNA and that's why they want to keep him around.

Carlito wants to leave the company because he is upset with how the company has treated him in recent months not to mention that he feels WWE has tried to humilate him.

wrestling observer newsletter

WWE would like Carlito to stay with the company after he gave his notice a few weeks ago. However, he is leaning towards leaving in a few weeks.

On the heels of Booker T leaving WWE a few weeks ago,apparently they don't want another huge WWE name to make the jump to TNA and that's why they want to keep him around.

Carlito wants to leave the company because he is upset with how the company has treated him in recent months not to mention that he feels WWE has tried to humilate him.

wrestling observer newsletter

What that doesn't say is that the WWE probably wants him to stay if they ever want to run Puerto Rico without headaches in the future.