TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Chris Masters on Barbaric Wrestling said he'd been clean since a few weeks before his last drug test failure in September. He said he first started taking steroids when he went to the UPW school and saw guys "like John Cena" who were huge and jakked to the gills.

So apparently he doesn't believe John. He said he saw those guys signed and knew that what WWE was looking for was bodies. Congress has to have called him by now. He said there was a ton of pressure to get big again after he shrunk the first time. He also said he had been addicted to painkillers which was why he was sent to rehab the first time. He said it hurt every day to get out of bed. How long has Masters been working again? He said when he first heard about the Benoit's being dead, his gut instinct was that Chris had done it, and then that night he had a nightmare about it. Big Daddy V was the one who told him that Chris had killed them.

credit:F4W Newsletter

What's with this line? Why is it hard to believe someone could be in such pain with only being in the business a few years?

Most guys start popping pills early in their careers.

Okay, so this is really random but thats what this is about. Just something if you need a good laugh.

I was looking for something about Booker T on DailyMotion, but this was one of the things that came up and I just happened to feel like watching it. It is absolutely hilarious. It's a match between Booker t and RVD from the Family Reunion show last year. JBL and Tazz absolutely TEAR into each other while two world champions go at in the ring completely ignoring the match. Of course JBL owns Tazz. It's easily on the level of the ECW vs. WWE show in 2006 or Survivor Series 2005. I guess Tazz is just a glutton for getting into shoot arguments with superior announcers who could tear him apart on the mic(JBL and King).

Booker T vs. Rob Van Dam

Heh. I remember this. Cole was struggling to keep order out there.

The Rock's finally getting away from that image, how would it seem to a big Hollywood producer looking for his next leading man tough-guy act when he turns over to see The Rock making fun of an old man and carrying Hornswaggle around the ring?

Making fun of Coach too, basically acting like a 'cool' ass.

Personally this is one of my peeves, as much as I'd love to see The Rock again, he simply doesn't need the business any more.

He'll never forget where he came from, but it doesn't mean he has to embrace it at every single milestone.

Nonsense. Anyone making a movie knows the rocks history and i think it would mean absolutely nothing to them if he showed up ONCE for a damn raw special.

Personally I look at it like the Rock shunning the business that made him a star to begin with and I honestly don't like it. I don't care anything personally about seeing him come back but obviously a lot of people would love it yet he thinks he is too good for it now apparently.

He wouldn't be anywhere without wrestling and/or his fans and one would think that he wouldn't fucking mind to make some fans happy again just once. But nope, he is this big movie star now and who cares about his fans.

He stayed around years longer than he had to just to help WWE out. For all the complaining about Foley and Funk's fake retirements and how Ric Flair should retire, we have someone who genuinely retired and its called "shunning" the business. He owes WWE nothing. He did his job and was great at it while he was under contract. You say the Rock would be nothing without WWE, show me an Attitude era without the Rock and i'll show you an Attitude era that fizzles out alot quicker than it did.

I think the whole problem with the Rock's 'retirement' is that he just kinda...stopped wrestling, quietly, without any real goodbye. Myself and others would love to see it if he came back for one night on the anniversary of RAW. Personally I'd also like to see a farewell match, but it probably won't happen.

Why does everyone constantly harp on The Rock coming back? I'd rather him not show up at all than make some lame token appearance every 3 years. We don't need another guy like Austin showing up to bury someone.

As far as Carlito goes, I don't really see all this huge potential. At best he had some fairly decent matches and showed a few aerial moves. He has no physique and thus isn't really main event material (as in not even a Bret Hart type of physique). What does he really bring to the table that TNA would want to bring him in?

This shouldn't come as a surprise.

According to the latest WON, HHH has been going around to younger wrestlers telling them they should be very excited about the next round of house shows. When they ask why, HHH says because our savior is here.

He made the same comment to Michaels, telling him that he should reconsider his decision not to work house shows because they're all going to make so much money with Jericho coming back to save the business.

HHH has also been saying that Flair's return will draw far more money and is far more important.

It's pointed out that HHH usually only makes comments like these on chartered flights or during the week when the rest of the wrestlers aren't around.

Stephanie still seems to be pretty strongly in Jericho's corner, though.

Triple H is awesome...

This was sent to me by a friend. I have no source for the quote but my friend usually visits some site called The Mayhem. Take this as you will:

As previously posted, the winner of the Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H match at WWE's Armageddon pay-per-view will get a WWE Title shot at the Royal Rumble in January. As things are planned now, Triple H will likely win the WWE Title from Randy Orton, probably at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. If plans stay the same, then Triple H will be going over Hardy at Armageddon this month and Orton will likely regain the WWE Title over Chris Jericho.

The current plan after that is for Triple H to wrestle Batista at WrestleMania 24 in Orlando. There is major talk within WWE of doing this match at WrestleMania instead of the previously planned Orton vs. HHH match.

It's unknown right now if Batista will be winning the Royal Rumble, but it makes sense because the winner can face any brand's Champion at WM 24. Seeing how Batista is on SmackDown and HHH on RAW right now, Batista would pretty much have to win the Rumble to face HHH at WrestleMania because of the rules of the upcoming Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out, that will only feature wrestlers from the same brand. The other brand's Champion will have six superstars from his brand face off in the Elimination Chamber match with the winner getting the other World Title shot at WrestleMania. It looks like that match will be a SmackDown brand match.

It looks like Batista will lose his title sometime soon as there's no way WWE will have a Title vs. Title unification match at WrestleMania. Edge will likely be the one to take the strap from Batista. It makes sense for The Undertaker to win the Elimination Chamber match and face Edge at WrestleMania in a huge match, with the title and the winning streak on the line.

Despite WWE calling Raw the 'A' show, when was the last time a Raw wrestler won the Rumble?

According to the latest WON, HHH has been going around to younger wrestlers telling them they should be very excited about the next round of house shows. When they ask why, HHH says because our savior is here.

He made the same comment to Michaels, telling him that he should reconsider his decision not to work house shows because they're all going to make so much money with Jericho coming back to save the business.

HHH has also been saying that Flair's return will draw far more money and is far more important.

It's pointed out that HHH usually only makes comments like these on chartered flights or during the week when the rest of the wrestlers aren't around.

bahahaha! HHH is such a dick, i would find this hilarious if it was happening to a wrestler i didnt like.

Well then, it's from a reliable source. But I'll say right now that I don't like those plans. Batista vs Trips has already main evented WrestleMania before and I don't think it merits repeating, although I see no sure-fire opponent for Batista at Mania if he doesn't go for a title. I really think Edge vs Taker is etched in stone in whatever capacity: Taker as champ after winning at Armageddon or as challenger. I kinda like the scenario of Champion Taker having everything to lose at Mania - his streak and his Title - from a glory-hungry Edge.

And if they're losing faith in Orton again for a Mania Title match then I think Jericho should get the spot, maybe with Trips turning heel on him.

bahahaha! HHH is such a dick, i would find this hilarious if it was happening to a wrestler i didnt like.

Agreed...

If someone really wanted to be a dick back and risk his job for the sake of being funny, they'd turn around and make a crack about all the money they made with HHH on the top of the card.

Most of the time, comments like these come from a level of fear or being threatened. I don't know how HHH could feel threatened by Jericho, other than HHH knowing Jericho doesn't really need this job and can use that as leverage, as opposed to many of the other workers who have nothing to fall back on. If Stephanie is in Jericho's corner, that further complicates things and adds to the insecurity factor.

Insecurity factor? Just wait until he gets totally out-cheered at Armageddon by Jeff.

Ahhhh, brings back memories of Rock/HHH, Ladder Match at Summerslam 1998. Except The Rock was a heel at the time. That was the shit.

I guess when Batista won.

Oh yeah, I thought Cena won that rumble for some reason. Probably due to the screwed up finish.

Yeah, Cena won the Rumble since he touched the floor first, but of course they had to the restart so Batista could get the win as planned.

Without Ric Flair and a largely flat show - not to mention up against a close New England Patriots game as they tried to remain undefeated - Raw dropped this week by nearly 10 percent.

The first hour rating was a 3.2 (3.24 to be precise) and a 3.2 in the second hour (3.23 to be precise) for a 3.2 overall rating, down from last week's 3.5 rating.

This week's rating is considerably lower than the rating for the first week of December last year - which was 3.7. The last time a rating was lower than this week's for the first week of December was Dec. 1, 1997, which drew a 3.0.

HHH vs. Batista has been done to fucking death, I have absolutely zero desire to see that. I would put Batista vs. Orton if anything, do a Raw vs. SD match there. HHH vs. Jericho as the Raw title match. Besides, there is no way HHH is losing his 4th straight WM match, much less jobbing to Batista again.

I swear it seems like every year at this time there's some rumor of a WM rematch that no one cares about.

A Wrestlemania main event without HHH involved is more interesting as witnessed this year with Cena / Michaels. At least John can be thankful that HHH's injury forced him out and allowed Cena to become the longest reigning WWE Champion since Hulk Hogan otherwise Cena would've been Helmsley's job boy in their rematch.

There's no good outcome here. Either Orton or Batista get humilated as HHH becomes the WWE Champion again for the 12th time in the main event. Ugh. If I had to pick my poison, I'd rather see Batista go the distance and lose.

HHH vs. Batista has been done to fucking death, I have absolutely zero desire to see that. I would put Batista vs. Orton if anything, do a Raw vs. SD match there. HHH vs. Jericho as the Raw title match.

I'd go for those matches. I sure as hell didn't buy my ticket to see Batista vs Triple H again at WrestleMania.

*** Hope that statement doesn't come back and bite me ***

A Wrestlemania main event without HHH involved is more interesting as witnessed this year with Cena / Michaels. At least John can be thankful that HHH's injury forced him out and allowed Cena to become the longest reigning WWE Champion since Hulk Hogan otherwise Cena would've been Helmsley's job boy in their rematch.

There's no good outcome here. Either Orton or Batista get humilated as HHH becomes the WWE Champion again for the 12th time in the main event. Ugh. If I had to pick my poison, I'd rather see Batista go the distance and lose.

That would be 7 times...WWE Champ

5 times...Word Champ

12 altogether that would be...

The Rock has the most reigns as WWF/E champ ever with 7....So HHH is lookin to knock him out of that it seems

Why does everyone constantly harp on The Rock coming back? I'd rather him not show up at all than make some lame token appearance every 3 years. We don't need another guy like Austin showing up to bury someone.

As far as Carlito goes, I don't really see all this huge potential. At best he had some fairly decent matches and showed a few aerial moves. He has no physique and thus isn't really main event material (as in not even a Bret Hart type of physique). What does he really bring to the table that TNA would want to bring him in?

I beg to differ...

No one did a better job of putting people over than the Rock..

Especially when he didnt have to..

Like his angle w/ the Hurricane or even taking an ass kicking

from La Resistance before Rocking up on them...

At least people can get in some offense on the Rock..

It should be Orton/Batista.

Agreed. HHH should step down from the main event for a change and use the opportunity to end Flair's career. Or if HHH really wants to get everything his way, Flair could win the Royal Rumble or some other match to get a title shot against HHH for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania with HHH getting a WM win while retiring his role model. It would be Rocky Balboa style with Flair getting one more shot at the title trying to prove he's still got it putting his career on the line for the title shot as he's done in the past with Vader and Hogan.

That would be 7 times...WWE Champ

5 times...Word Champ

12 altogether that would be...

You know what I meant. :P