TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

From today's Wrestling Observer update:

--Batista lost it last night in Albany, NY on a fan. The fan simply gave him a thumbs down and Batista lost it and got in the fans' face and dared the fan to hit him. Security came after the fan. Edge swore at the fan as well. However, when he was leaving the ring, Batista shook hands with the fan.

Apparently Batista realized the fan couldn't at least vacuum.

I guess this fan must have been a basketball.

I don't get it?

Basketballs don't hold grudges.

The upcoming issue of Hustler magazine (March 2008) has a two page spread of nude photos of the late Nancy Benoit. Apparently these images are from when she was married to Jim Daus. Apparently she was touring doing bikini and wet t-shirt competitions in Florida when one of the hosts told her she should be in Penthouse. He set up a photo shoot for her and then videotaped the photo shoot. Nancy never submitted the photos and later had them destroyed but either never knew about or got the video which is now in the possession of Hustler.

It is the March 08 issue of Hustler magazine with a headline on the cover. I have a subscription so I got my issue in advance. I don't think it is on the newsstands yet as I live in LA and I haven't seen it there yet. Actually if you can get a hold of the Feb 2008 issue, there is an ad for it in the "Coming Next Month" section

Got that from Gerweck

Gerweck is also reporting that Maria recently did a shoot for Playboy. More details should be available soon.

WWE Hall of Famer, Afa of the Wild Samoans, has been selected to train Mickey Rourke in preparation of his lead role in the upcoming film "The Wrestler".

Nicholas Cage was originally slated for the role, and even attended a recent Ring of Honor show to research the role. He backed out very shortly after the RoH show and Rourke was signed on to replace him.

WWE Hall of Famer, Afa of the Wild Samoans, has been selected to train Mickey Rourke in preparation of his lead role in the upcoming film "The Wrestler".

Nicholas Cage was originally slated for the role, and even attended a recent Ring of Honor show to research the role. He backed out very shortly after the RoH show and Rourke was signed on to replace him.

Ok, so it's not a WWE discussion but is that good press or bad press for ROH?

He apparently backed out over an argument with the director, reports say he looked to be pretty into the show. Atleast that's what I heard about it.

The upcoming issue of Hustler magazine (March 2008) has a two page spread of nude photos of the late Nancy Benoit. Apparently these images are from when she was married to Jim Daus. Apparently she was touring doing bikini and wet t-shirt competitions in Florida when one of the hosts told her she should be in Penthouse. He set up a photo shoot for her and then videotaped the photo shoot. Nancy never submitted the photos and later had them destroyed but either never knew about or got the video which is now in the possession of Hustler.

It is the March 08 issue of Hustler magazine with a headline on the cover. I have a subscription so I got my issue in advance. I don't think it is on the newsstands yet as I live in LA and I haven't seen it there yet. Actually if you can get a hold of the Feb 2008 issue, there is an ad for it in the "Coming Next Month" section

Got that from Gerweck

Gerweck is also reporting that Maria recently did a shoot for Playboy. More details should be available soon.

*Thanks God*

Mickey Rourke seems like a good choice for a beaten down past his prime performer.

I always wanted to write a script like this - a past his prime perfomer doing indy shows on the weekend while flashing back to when he used to be on top. When I moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama for college, Robert Gibson was running a wrestling merchandise store down here. I visited it with some friends, and he had a wall of polaroids from back during his heyday. Things like Halloween parties, hanging out with other wrestlers, etc. It was pretty interesting to see.

I wasn't sure if the Maria thing was true since, after seeing it mentioned on another board, I checked gerweck and there was nothing.

But Maria is by far the hottest Diva, so I hope it's true.

I'm so glad Mickey Rourke is in the Wrestler instead of Nick Cage. Rourke is the perfect choice to play a broken down old wrestler. Cage probably would've went a bit over the top with it.

this week's Observer has a new, list of scheduled DVDs for the year:

2/12 -- The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin

3/25 -- Triple H: The King of Kings

5/6 -- Evolution of the Hardys

6/3 -- The Rock

7/8 -- Best of Starrcade

8/5 -- 20-disc SummerSlam Anthology

8/5 -- Life and Times of Mr. Perfect

11/4 -- Edge

11/18 -- RANDY SAVAGE: MACHO MADNESS

12/9 -- STING

6/3 -- The Rock

7/8 -- Best of Starrcade

11/4 -- Edge

12/9 -- STING

I know this was part of what Savage was all about but that title tells me this is a burial DVD much like Warrior's.

I was dwelling on if I should go to the SD tapings Sunday, then I saw the preview for next week's show

Six SmackDown Superstars try to ``Beat the Clock'' to become the no. 1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

I like the concept but we've seen it like 4 times this year.

6/3 -- The Rock

7/8 -- Best of Starrcade

11/4 -- Edge

12/9 -- STING

Although all that info had not beenposted, just wanted to point this out:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=88971

I really don't think they'll release another burial dvd. Warrior has sued them over it, and it's going to court so I think they'll think before trying it again.

I still think Kane will play the role of the Rumble place holder contender this time.

I'd like to see him get another shot, though I think Rey vs Edge would be a much better match and more appealing to most fans. That being said, Batista will probably get the shot.

Damn, I wish Matt was healthy..the Hardys challenging Rated RKO in seperate matches for the World titles would be really cool.

Since it's too early for a Raw thread:

Chris Jericho and Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton and JBL has been announced for Raw.

I believe that's just the post-raw dark match.

Although I do love the part in the preview where it says

Find out live on New Year's Eve, as Monday Night Raw airs 9/8 CT on USA Network.

Even though it's being taped on Saturday.

From Engadget:

Apparently, the WWE will finally be rolling out a major pay-per-view event in high-definition some 12 months after UFC did the same. According to a tipster, Time Warner Cable (partly owned by Time Warner, parent company of AOL, which owns Engadget) is gearing up to offer the WWE Royal Rumble PPV event in HD when it airs on January 27, 2008. Of course, this shouldn't be too surprising considering that WWE was already planning to switch Smackdown to HD next month, but for fans of the sport, we're sure they'll be delighted to have the PPV matches in 1080i, too. We'll let you know if we hear anything official.

SO they're going to release a Sting DVD when he reupped with TNA for another year so he basically will have nothing to do with the DVD, that's interesting.

So Sting has in fact gone back to TNA for 2008, eh? I hadn't seen that reported yet, but I wouldn't doubt that it's true.

I was trying to think of that blatant jobber to be Rumble filler and Kane fits the bill nicely. They can blow off the aborted Edge feud at least and since he's UT's brother they can have Edge take out Kane to prove a point to UT, etc.