TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

I would like to see someone top the "total jobber challenging for a world title at the Rumble" bar set by Bob Holly in 2004. The worst thing about that was, if memory serves me right, they had him make Lesnar tap out to the full nelson outside the ring!

I would like to see someone top the "total jobber challenging for a world title at the Rumble" bar set by Bob Holly in 2004. The worst thing about that was, if memory serves me right, they had him make Lesnar tap out to the full nelson outside the ring!

Royal Rumble '08- Edge Vs Sho Funaki for the World Heavyweight Championship!

So Sting has in fact gone back to TNA for 2008, eh? I hadn't seen that reported yet, but I wouldn't doubt that it's true.

I was trying to think of that blatant jobber to be Rumble filler and Kane fits the bill nicely. They can blow off the aborted Edge feud at least and since he's UT's brother they can have Edge take out Kane to prove a point to UT, etc.

They keep saying they are talking, then they'll say he's signed or close to signing. I'm starting to think he's just not going to continue with TNA.

Edit: Plus even if he does sign to TNA they can still make a damn good Sting dvd even without him talking. They can get people he worked with to talk about him and show his matches and footage. They do it all the time with guys they have on the roster.

Also Sting probably had a WCW home video released where he was interviewed. I know I owned a Kevin Nash (!!!) of all people WCW home video release which was about an hour or two of career-retrospective involving the most recent years. That's a VHS I need to capture to my computer. But anyways, if Sting had one of those they could easily take a lot from that as far as that section; you know and then all his peers for the other parts.

I really don't think they'll release another burial dvd. Warrior has sued them over it, and it's going to court so I think they'll think before trying it again.

Warrior was only able to sue them for it because as part of the 2000 ruling of the lawsuit over who owns the "Ultimate Warrior" name (which Warrior won), the judge ruled that both sides could not disparage the other in public. Warrior viewed the DVD as a violation of the ruling and the case has gone to court because it's a legit claim.

Savage wouldn't be able to do anything if this is indeed an anti-Savage DVD.

EngadgetHD is reporting that WWE will be broadcasting the 2008 Royal Rumble in High Definition. It is expected that all PPVs will air in HD starting with Royal Rumble '08.

Smackdown will convert to HD starting on January 4 on The CW. Raw and ECW are expected to convert to HD on both USA Network and Sci-Fi Channel respectively at some point later in 2008.

EngadgetHD is reporting that WWE will be broadcasting the 2008 Royal Rumble in High Definition. It is expected that all PPVs will air in HD starting with Royal Rumble '08.

Smackdown will convert to HD starting on January 4 on The CW. Raw and ECW are expected to convert to HD on both USA Network and Sci-Fi Channel respectively at some point later in 2008.

Is there a price difference between the HD PPV feed and the SD feed?

Is there a price difference between the HD PPV feed and the SD feed?

Directv has it up and it says

Royal Rumble (SD) $39.95

Royal Rumble (HD) $49.95

I may order it, but honestly thats too much (though in line with UFC SD/HD pricing of $39.95/$49.95)

WM in HD is gonna run $60!

Directv used to have the "Road to Wrestlemania" package where you ordered NYR/RR/NWO and got $15 off total..with them not doing NYR this year, Im guessing they aren't doing it this year.

It's non-press. The Wrestler will be directed by Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain).

Is it a remake of "the Wrestler" with Dusty Rhodes, Verne Gagne and Don Muraco?

I have that on DVD..

No.

I'm not sure the world is ready for that.

It's non-press. The Wrestler will be directed by Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain).

Is it a remake of "the Wrestler" with Dusty Rhodes, Verne Gagne and Don Muraco?

I have that on DVD..

No.

I'm not sure the world is ready for that.

It sounded similar. Ed Asner promoting an over the hill champion in his final matches.

Theres a ton of cameos from wrestlers of the 70s most of which play themselves except for Gagne who plays "Mike Bullard".

I think we can safely assume WWE won't be doing any cross promotion. TNA, on the other hand will probably want to have Angle and others do cameos, even if it is a negative take at the business.

I'm going to the Rumble! Sweet

Yeah, I'm gonna be there too. I settled for the 90 dollar seats which hopefully shouldn't be too bad. Getting into the city is gonna be a pain though, guess I'll have to pick up that Metro North train.

I don't think wwe will release the Sting DVD as long as he is working for TNA. However with it scheduled to be an end of the year DVD, I wonder if they've been in discussions with him and he'll be done with TNA, retired by that time. And if he keeps sticking around in TNA, they could just push it back - I mean once the DVD is done, it can wait as it's not like there would be any new footage to add unless he ever came to the wwe.

Time seems to be proving the story on DH Smith's call up to the main roster even more correct. Since his return from suspension at the start of the month, Smith has been relegated to heat and making infrequent appearances on house shows even though he was getting a push before his suspension. WWE officials were well aware of his drug failure several weeks before they made the decision to call him up to the main roster in October. At the time of his drug failure in mid-September, he was still a developmental wrestler, but his suspension would have no political value to the public unless he was guy on the main roster who they were pushing. Basically, he was called up to be made an example of.

wrestling observer newsletter

Man that sucks about PPVs being a different price for HD. I might be willing to check it out on a major show like the Rumble or WM, but not so much for just the usual monthly fodder PPVs.

I wonder if they've already given up on Harry Smith? Yes he was wrong to do whatever he did to fail a test, but WWE was even more sleazy to call him up only to have someone to punish.

WWE.Com is reporting that Lance Cade suffered a seperated shoulder at the 12/28 Raw house show at Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA in a Triple Threat tag team match with Trevor Murdoch against Paul London & Brian Kendrick and World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes. The article quotes the head athletic trainer as saying he could miss action for up to 4-6 weeks.

3/25 -- Triple H: The King of Kings

Jesus descends into heaven on the Easter Sunday, and two days later receives a pedigree from the true King of Kings.

Wow, that's all sorts of wrong.

Jesus ascended into heaven, not descended. Also, he ascended after resurrecting following the 3 days, not before.

geez another injury for WWE, at least its not a main event level guy this time, but a blow to the tag division, question is who would challenge Cody and Hardcore

- Former WWE Diva Trish Stratus was featured on a recent episode of MTV Cribs. She showed off her wrestling memorabilia, eight separate bathrooms, and more.

- Dwayne Johnson has officially dropped his wrestling alias “The Rock.” He is billed as just Dwayne Johnson in his upcoming movie “Get Smart” with co-star Steve Carrell.

- If you purchase anything from WWEShop.com from now until December 31st you can use the promotional code BYE2007 and get 10% off and free shipping on orders $99+.

He finally did it.

-- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin is following in the footsteps of Ultimate Warror and Chyna as he has legally changed his real name to his wrestling name. "Stone Cold" has legally changed his name from Steve Williams to Steve Austin.

-- Joey Styles' latest column has him taking aim and JBL and his broadcasting abilities, or lack thereof. Styles wrote: "Just when I thought nobody could butcher color commentary worse than Ernest "The Cat" Miller did years ago, along came JBL, tempting me to drive my pencil into my own ears at every WWE pay-per-view." He also added: "JBL spent more time talking about himself in his Foghorn Leghorn voice than he did talking about the matches he was supposed to be calling. While I have no doubt that JBL will one day be inducted into WWE's Hall of Fame as the great in-ring superstar he is, the self-professed Wall Street wizard will not be joining Gene Okerlund and Jim Ross in the announcer's wing." Styles closes his column with this parting shot: "I wish JBL the best in his future endeavors if only so I never have to suffer through him calling another match." You can read the article in it entirety at this link.

-- Michelle McCool's black eye on SmackDown happened during WWE's European tour. What happened is that she took a clothesline across the nose from Victoria during a match. The clothesline left McCool with a broken nose, not to mention two black eyes at one point.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Bob Sapp is close to reaching a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Unfortunately for those interested in seeing Sapp on WWE television, the deal being talked about only involves appearances during Japan house show events in February.

WWE has lost some bankability with the Japanese audience—its presence no longer guarantees a sellout—and wants to bolster its cards with a proven Japanese draw.

Negotiations to bring Sapp to WWE on a full-time basis have not advanced.

Partial source: Wrestling Observer

- The inDEMAND Network will begin airing "WWE Presents: The Shawn Michaels Story" on Friday, February 1st. Also on inDEMAND beginning on January 2nd is "WWE Presents: Rey Mysterio."

- Bobby sent the following: Carlito turned face last night, if only for a few minutes, when he fought MVP at the SmackDown/ECW show here in Albany. MVP tried to get Carlito to go to Miami with him for the good weather but Carlito turned and they fought. MVP of course won the match in the end.

- Speaking of Carlito, Devin sent word that WWE.com has a new article up pushing RAW's latest odd couple, the team of Carlito and Santino Marella. The storyline article asks why would "Cantino" form their alliance and what does the future hold for them.

- As posted the other day, there's talk of putting some kind of gimmick behind the Edge vs. The Undertaker match at WrestleMania 24 in March. There has also been talk of billing the match as a match between two Superstars who have never lost a singles match at a WrestleMania. The Undertaker of course has his 15-0 WrestleMania streak and since Edge's WrestleMania winning streak ended this past year in the Money in the Bank match, WWE could push the match by saying Edge has never been beaten on his own at a WrestleMania.