TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

At least Austins name is normal and makes sense unlike Warrior.

Because in this business you're never know what next, because now he can do thing outside wrestling without the approval of the office, not to share benefits with them and maybe because he's still can't swallow de fact that Vinnie does give The Rock his trademark name for free

Beating women is normal and makes sense? I know what you mean, he's not as incoherent as Warrior, but obviously Austin has his own problems.

Beating women is normal and makes sense? I know what you mean, he's not as incoherent as Warrior, but obviously Austin has his own problems.

I think you missed what the post was saying. Changing your name to "Steve Austin" makes more sense than changing it to "Warrior Warrior."

There's nothing wrong with taking unrelated shots at Austin. Guy's a wifebeating twat.

EngadgetHD is reporting that WWE will be broadcasting the 2008 Royal Rumble in High Definition. It is expected that all PPVs will air in HD starting with Royal Rumble '08.

Smackdown will convert to HD starting on January 4 on The CW. Raw and ECW are expected to convert to HD on both USA Network and Sci-Fi Channel respectively at some point later in 2008.

About damn time. Wrestlemania will be my first WWE PPV purchase since 2003. If it wasn't being broadcast in HD.. I wouldn't even bother :D

You'll be happy about plopping down $60 for something that doesn't affect the quality of the product at all? Just pretty colors and clearer bacne shots?

Kizzo's becoming Marvin.

I was going to say that Kizzo should watch it with Marvin, and they can give each other hand jobs while marveling at the picture.

Anyway, my cable company carries no USA or CW HD feed, so the switches to HD don't mean jack to me at the moment, even though I have an HD-ready TV set (yes, with an HD cable box).

Hmmm, seeing as WrestleMania is the one PPV I actually order per year, and I do have a beautiful HD TV, I just may get the HD feed if Rogers has it (which is Newfoundland, is a big IF)

My CW affiliate as an HD logo on the corner of the screen but of course, the HD feed is not available in my area.

Isn't the CW affiliate like channel 35 or 29 or one of those shitty channels nobody watches anyway though?

On April 30, 2007, WBNX began broadcasting in high definition and 5.1 surround sound stereo. WBNX broadcasts on digital channel 30. WBNX has three digital subchannels. Currently, channel 55.1(30.1) WBNX-DT1 is active as the high definition channel. 55.2(30.2) may be used as a digital simulcast of the SDTV broadcast of WBNX to give cable and satellite companies a digital SD version of WBNX

All I know is Channel 43 became My Network TV and my cable company stopped carrying it.

Luckily I get Youngstown stations too and they have a CW affiliate.

--For what it's worth, the most number of TV wins this year in WWE was C.M. Punk with 48 followed by Jeff Hardy with 44. Bobby Lashley and HHH would have been top ten except they were both injured much of the year. Most tag wins were The Highlanders with 16, to Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch with 15, showing how useless these stats are (thanks to Emerson Witner)

Emerson Witner = UTS?

Where has he been anyways? Was he really broken up about his useles stats thread being removed from the front page?

Who cares? Though I do kinda miss my constent arguing with him. Maybe he fainted and fell into a coma when he found out I got to work with the Great Muta? Who knows.

You'll be happy about plopping down $60 for something that doesn't affect the quality of the product at all? Just pretty colors and clearer bacne shots?

I can't help it.. I'm an HD nutcase :D

But its Wrestlemania.. and its in HD. For the other PPVs.. I probably won't even bother.

--For what it's worth, the most number of TV wins this year in WWE was C.M. Punk with 48 followed by Jeff Hardy with 44. Bobby Lashley and HHH would have been top ten except they were both injured much of the year. Most tag wins were The Highlanders with 16, to Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch with 15, showing how useless these stats are (thanks to Emerson Witner)

Emerson Witner = UTS?

Ouch. Useless or not, way to bash a guy for sending you information. If you find it a waste of time, thank the emailer politely and just don't use it.

Emerson Witner = UTS?

Ouch. Useless or not, way to bash a guy for sending you information. If you find it a waste of time, thank the emailer politely and just don't use it.

I think Meltz came off harsher than he intended. I'm finding it hard to explain but I would think he was more saying how useless the results of the results stats are when the tag team with the most televised wins is a jobber act, if that makes any sense.

On that note, these results must have used Heat because I can't even think of 16 times the Highlanders were on TV, let alone winning.