TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

Heat counts as televised? Yes, Meltzer probably meant to say wins-losses mean nothing, which is true.

Well, it IS televised outside of North America, so I guess it could count.

Well, the only charge by Comcast is for the box itself which is like $5-6 extra in this area. But HDTVs at $120? Are those located next to the $10 computers?

yknow I did get some Rumble tix. even though I was on hold before 10 am, I still only had a chance at the cheapest seats. that bites, I call shenanigans!!!

anyhow theyre in the 322 section, which is actually directly across the room from where I sat back in aug. not the best o seats, but still alright, and hey Im going to the freakin Royal Rumble!

and this friday I will be at the RAW house show in White Plains, NY. Too bad none of my fellow members here are going. at the rumble, we ought to hold a TSM.com convention outside the arena :D

Well, the only charge by Comcast is for the box itself which is like $5-6 extra in this area. But HDTVs at $120? Are those located next to the $10 computers?

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't expect to find a HDTV at that price. But I can get a regular tv at that price. I'm at a loss to understand why I should pay extra for a better picture.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't expect to find a HDTV at that price. But I can get a regular tv at that price. I'm at a loss to understand why I should pay extra for a better picture.

Maybe not so much for wrestling programming, but the change from a standard def TV to a High Def Tv(Properly calibrated, not how they are on the show room floor at Best Buy etc...) is HUGE.

I can barely stand to watch any Standard Def programming now after I got my HD Tv last year. It's a monumental difference.

But I can get a regular tv at that price.

Yeah, a pretty small, "no name" brand TV, generally.

'm at a loss to understand why I should pay extra for a better picture.

It's not like the picture difference is small.

It's not like the difference is life changing, either.

I've never once watched a movie/sporting event/TV program in HD and thought to myself, "Son of a bitch, how did I ever watch TV without this?" It might be a better picture, but it's seriously not that critical; I've seen the difference between SD and HD, and I've never seen anything on TV, ever, where I thought to myself "Shit, I couldn't possibly enjoy this in SD. It's HD or NOTHING!" It's just not, by any measure, essential to whether I can or cannot enjoy what I'm watching on television and, frankly, I can't even conceive of why it should be.

It's not like the difference is life changing, either.

I've never once watched a movie/sporting event/TV program in HD and thought to myself, "Son of a bitch, how did I ever watch TV without this?" It might be a better picture, but it's seriously not that critical; I've seen the difference between SD and HD, and I've never seen anything on TV, ever, where I thought to myself "Shit, I couldn't possibly enjoy this in SD. It's HD or NOTHING!" It's just not, by any measure, essential to whether I can or cannot enjoy what I'm watching on television and, frankly, I can't even conceive of why it should be.

I disagree. The difference on a properly calibrated TV is really really noticeable.