TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE General Discussion - December 2007

What year is it?

Tammy "Sunny" Sytch posted the following message on her MySpace page, attacking former WWE Diva Rena "Sable" Mero.

Normally, I wouldn't waste my time on a piece of crap like Rena Mero, but so many of you are forwarding me things that she has been writing about me lately, that it needs to be addressed. Firstly, she has been saying that the reason she wasn't on the 15th anniversary RAW, is because I was on it and told people at the WWE to not have her on--that I wouldn't appear if she was there. Well, right off the bat this is total horse crap, because I know for a fact that she was not even asked to be a part of the show. I have a very good friend up there that showed me the list of people invited, and as there were a few invited that were then dis-invited, she was not one of them. She was no where to be found on the list. Period. She has to realize that the wrestling world does not revolve around her and steroid-ridden husband--who, I hope gets his ass kicked by Frank Mir in February--they have been such a source of trouble in the past for that company, they don't want anything to do with them. So, to save face, she made up this story about me getting her taken off the show. Now think about it--if I had that much pull in the company, wouldn't I have a contract by now?? And doesn't it just make her look stupid placing all that power in my hands?? As far as I'm concerned, she needs to stop worrying about me, and start worrying about how it's possible that a 40 something woman can actually look 50 something in the face--even after ALL that surgery.

Heh.

Apparently, it wasn't really Rena Mero/Lesnar who made the original posts, so Sunny looks even more foolish.

Sunny just comes off as really bitter. Hey, at least Sable kept away from drugs and saved her money from wrestling. There's no doubt in my mind who's smarter and who's made the better choices.

And Sunny, of all people, should know better than to take cheap shots over a woman's looks.

Actually it's pretty smart. Bashing people that no longer work for the WWE that the WWE really doesn't like is always a positive when getting a job there.

This got a chuckle out of me. It's from PWI:

I was doing some thinking about the upcoming 2008 Royal Rumble and I have to say, I have next to zero idea on who is going to win it. Any deserving #1 contenders are already going to have a title match on the show. Triple H seems about the only one left, but I guess I don't want to see that. Anyway, what would be your top 3 or so potential Royal Rumble winners. Also, any chance we see a Bobby Lashley surprise return in the match?

Personally, I like it when the Rumble winner isn't predictable. Obviously, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker or Batista (and figure one of them will face Edge at the Rumble) are all favorites, but Ric Flair, JBL, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio or Matt Hardy could all get the win as well. Remember, WWE also has two months in which the Rumble winner could "lose" his title shot before Wrestlemania. As for Bobby Lashley, if he is ready to go, I think the Rumble would be a good place to have him make his return.

In what universe could JBL, Jericho, Punk, Rey or Matt Hardy conceivably win the upcoming Rumble? Sure, the winner could lose his title shot, but that doesn't mean logic and common sense need be thrown out the window.

I was doing some thinking about the upcoming 2008 Royal Rumble and I have to say, I have next to zero idea on who is going to win it. Any deserving #1 contenders are already going to have a title match on the show. Triple H seems about the only one left, but I guess I don't want to see that. Anyway, what would be your top 3 or so potential Royal Rumble winners. Also, any chance we see a Bobby Lashley surprise return in the match?

Personally, I like it when the Rumble winner isn't predictable. Obviously, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker or Batista (and figure one of them will face Edge at the Rumble) are all favorites, but Ric Flair, JBL, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio or Matt Hardy could all get the win as well. Remember, WWE also has two months in which the Rumble winner could "lose" his title shot before Wrestlemania. As for Bobby Lashley, if he is ready to go, I think the Rumble would be a good place to have him make his return.

In what universe could JBL, Jericho, Punk, Rey or Matt Hardy conceivably win the upcoming Rumble? Sure, the winner could lose his title shot, but that doesn't mean logic and common sense need be thrown out the window.

Why couldn't any of them win this Rumble?

I'd actually take Punk out of the Rumble match, I'm assuming he'll have a ECW title match and won't be in the actual Rumble itself. Unless they do something where Punk loses the ECW title before the Rumble match and then he's in the Rumble match, other than that, I don't see why Punk would want to be in the Rumble match since he already holds one of the world titles.

JBL is probably working with Jericho at WM or going into WM, and that's a strong midcard program, that doesn't need to drag down the World title picture. Punk is ECW, so enough said. Rey had his sympathy run, and is probably sticking with MVP for a while. And Matt Hardy? Only one Hardy has a chance of ever winning the Rumble, and that Hardy has a singles match that night.

JBL is probably working with Jericho at WM or going into WM, and that's a strong midcard program, that doesn't need to drag down the World title picture. Punk is ECW, so enough said. Rey had his sympathy run, and is probably sticking with MVP for a while. And Matt Hardy? Only one Hardy has a chance of ever winning the Rumble, and that Hardy has a singles match that night.

See that's why it doesn't make logic or common sense to you on why those people can't win the rumble match, because your looking at it as a smart fan. Don't look at it that way, look at it as a general fan. The Royal Rumble match is normally set up as a match anyone can possibly win. So as a general fan, your suppose to see it as anyone has a chance to win the Rumble. Hell if Mysterio can win it, why not Matt Hardy? But instead, your looking at it as a internet smart fan and since HHH is most likely going to be in it, odds are your 95% sure he'll win it.

See that's why it doesn't make logic or common sense to you on why those people can't win the rumble match, because your looking at it as a smart fan. Don't look at it that way, look at it as a general fan. The Royal Rumble match is normally set up as a match anyone can possibly win. So as a general fan, your suppose to see it as anyone has a chance to win the Rumble. Hell if Mysterio can win it, why not Matt Hardy? But instead, your looking at it as a internet smart fan and since HHH is most likely going to be in it, odds are your 95% sure he'll win it.

The question was asked from the perspective of a smart fan, and so was the answer, which is why it made no sense.

You're also wrong about your assumption on what odds I think HHH has of winning the Rumble.

If anyone deserves a sympathy Rumble victory, it's Kane.

I would say barring another quad tear, HHH will draw #1, eliminate 18 guys, and win the Rumble in what will be hyped by the machine as "The Most Dominant Royal Rumble Victory Ever!"

The question was asked from the perspective of a smart fan, and so was the answer, which is why it made no sense.

You're also wrong about your assumption on what odds I think HHH has of winning the Rumble.

That's alright, I'll say your wrong about the Rey/MVP program going to Wrestlemania. I'll bet you that we'll get a Matt Hardy/MVP feud starting back from where they left off.

That's alright, I'll say your wrong about the Rey/MVP program going to Wrestlemania. I'll bet you that we'll get a Matt Hardy/MVP feud starting back from where they left off.

I don't think Rey/MVP is going to Wrestlemania. It'll keep going long enough to fill time until Matt Hardy comes back.

From 411mania.com/wrestling:

Another Puerto Rican wrestler going to the big leagues.

The following was posted in the LuchaLibreOnline.com website, the biggest and most reliable Puerto Rico wrestling site:

It was come to our attention that German Figueroa, better known as Apolo, has recently signed a deal with the WWE and will be reporting to Florida Championship Wrestling at the beginning of next year. Apolo worked in TNA during it's beginning, is a former NWA World Tag Team Champion with D'lo Brown and was part of the original incarnation of LAX. He also works for IWA Puerto Rico and worked for World Wrestling Council, Planet Championship Wrestling in Florida and several other promotions in his career.

Credit: LuchaLibreOnline.com

Sunny edited her rant on Sable upon being informed that the anti-Sytch statements were written by an impostor.

Well, now I'm being told that the Rena on myspace is a fake. I don't know where the posts that she wrote came from, so I don't know if it was a fake or not. But, in any sense, I still don't like the pig.

Sunny edited her rant on Sable upon being informed that the anti-Sytch statements were written by an impostor.

Well, now I'm being told that the Rena on myspace is a fake. I don't know where the posts that she wrote came from, so I don't know if it was a fake or not. But, in any sense, I still don't like the pig.

Ahahahaha, sonned!

If Mysterio's knee is messed up again, like some reports have been stating, then I could see MVP/Punk on the basis that MVP misses the fact that he's no longer a double champion, and he's using Chavo to help him

Mysterio having knee problems hasn't stopped him for continuously working through it. It says quite a lot about how poor his knees are when he just had surgery on them and spent months rehabbing.

I do enjoy the idea of Punk fighting off many different people all for different reasons. MVP wants more gold, Chavo wants respect, Striker with the aid of the 2 Fat Black Beasts wants power. Throw in Benjamin, whose current direction in ECW is designed for his chase for gold. Which means Punk would likely drop the title to someone he wasn't even aware of.

Mysterio having knee problems hasn't stopped him for continuously working through it. It says quite a lot about how poor his knees are when he just had surgery on them and spent months rehabbing.

I do enjoy the idea of Punk fighting off many different people all for different reasons. MVP wants more gold, Chavo wants respect, Striker with the aid of the 2 Fat Black Beasts wants power. Throw in Benjamin, whose current direction in ECW is designed for his chase for gold. Which means Punk would likely drop the title to someone he wasn't even aware of.

Miz by flying hat at No Way Out

Miz by flying hat at No Way Out

I think Miz could have a much better run as ECW Champ then Morrison did.

Sonned

1) The action of being capable of calling someone else "son", in a derogatory sense.

Ex. Wow, you just got sonned.

Thanks for making me look that up, EHME.

Next he's going to call it flpipty floppity flue.

I'm going to call a Batista win of the Rumble and have him challenge Orton.

Because God knows Batista needs another title shot.

I still have no idea where all this Batista vs. Orton or HHH talk is coming from. First off, Batista is on Smackdown and in theory shouldn't face either guy, unless he goes to Raw somehow. Thing is, no current storyline sending him to Raw makes any sense, especially with his issues with Edge. Second, it is going out of their way to book a match that won't be worth shit anyway. Is the world clamoring for ANOTHER HHH vs. Batista match? Does anyone even want to see Batista vs. Orton to begin with?

Keep Batista on SD, then do him vs. Lashley at WM in a cross promotion match. It's that roid boy vs. roid boy match that always draws some sort of interest, and it should at least be better than Lesnar vs. Goldberg.

It would make sense because Orton went out of his way to piss off Batista at the XV special and the easy set up would be for Batista to challenge him after winning the Rumble as a battle of Evolution. What you want to see or don't want to see is irrelvant. I wouldn't fret, though. Batista is due for another muscle tear by February.

Holy crap, WWE needs to hire a proofreader or something for their website.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/history/ecwchampionship/

For those who don't wanna bother clicking the link (or miss what's there), the page claims to list all ECW champions - from Superfly Snuka to CM Punk.

Which is all well and good, except that their list starts when Shane Douglas threw down the NWA title and declared the ECW belt a world belt. Which means that Superfly Snuka is not on the list.

Seriously. How hard is it to not make a mistake like that?

"Here is a list from A to Z! We'll start at D!"

Well, technically then it was Eastern Championship Wrestling, not Extreme before Shane Douglas.

Yet it mentioned Snuka, which means it should have been during Eastern as well.