TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread - December 2007

Bruins got Alex Auld from the Dogs for Dicasmirro/5th in 2009.

I like the move. Rask is inexperienced and very, very pricey against the cap (Rask costs more against the cap than Thomas). With Thomas getting hurt last night, Chiarelli realized that Thomas is, in fact, mortal and he might need to have a cheap, capable backup. A quick, decisive trade from a Bruins GM?! I thought I'd never see the day.

Losing Dicasmirro is sad, but this is a good deal.

It's taken eight years, but Nik Antropov is playing at a high calibur level.

Or the Leafs really have no one scoring this year.

In other news, Habs finally win a game, against Boston. Four out of the 14 wins this season came from Boston.

8-2 against the Sabres. Luck, Dustin Brown and Anze Kopitar. The three things the Kings need the most.

you'd think the Kings would have gone uphill since all those signings in the off season.

thought so, too. but all of those spare pieces have turned out to be awful. don't think handzus is fully healed yet. stuart is regressing at an alarming rate. both nagy and calder are horribly inconsistant. no goaltending. blake isn't getting younger.

outside of kopitar, cammaleri, johnson, brown, frolov, and o'sullivan - its time to go back to the drawing board.

Good to see the Habs win last night, but they have to start beating other teams besides Boston and Toronto on Tuesday nights. Also, given the line changes last night and the fact that they won, I wonder if there will be any line/roster changes for the game on Saturday? Probably not

Goaltending's been fine for the Kings. But the other signings (outside of Calder) have been brutal.

So Marc Crawford told his team at the end of the second period to go after Steve Moore and that he needed to learn his lesson. We all know what happened from here, but something like this is what you see in bush league games.

Every time I read about Crawford's involvement, I just keep putting the entire scene to dialog from The Karate Kid.

Wings looking scary-dominant against the Wild tonight.

Wings looking scary-dominant against the Wild tonight.

Datsyuk has really turned it on as of late and Zetterberg has looked stellar all year. Even Hasek looked good tonight. That slide into Gaborik was awesome.

Yeah. Datsyuk is suddenly coming out of his "I'm the reincarnation of Igor Larionov" mode and started shooting and scoring goals. Of course, I'll take a 3 Assist night at any time.

And that slide was easily the coolest hit of the year. Gaborik doing a head-over-heels flip was nearly amazing as Hasek's brass balls to come out like that. I don't think Gaborik thought he was going to hit him.

Also, I'm really starting to like Aaron Downie. The guy doesn't win too many fights (or put up any numbers), but he's trying, and he's starting to become a physical presence on a team that sorely needs it.

Pens swept their west coast Canadian swing(Edmonton/Calgary/Vancouver)... for the first time ever.

The Pens/Nucks game last night was the best NHL game I have watched all year long.

Tom Renney needs to cut the shit and get Dubsinky off the 1st line. He's been impressive for a 21 year old, but he's in over his head. Drury, Mr. 7 million per year, needs to be put on the 1st line. The Rangers offense is digustingly awful.

Pens swept their west coast Canadian swing(Edmonton/Calgary/Vancouver)... for the first time ever.

The Pens/Nucks game last night was the best NHL game I have watched all year long.

I was going to disagree, until I re-read, and noticed you specified NHL. The Canada-States semi from the World Juniors was the best game I've ever seen, ever.

But yeah, from what I saw in the bar, last night's game was really really good.

I didn't realise that was their fourth straight loss. Even so, they're two back of eighth.

Colorado beats St. Louis 9-5!

I knew the Rockies would bounce back.

In other news, reports are coming out that Patrice Bergeron is likely down for the season as he has yet to lace up the skates in the month-and-a-half that he's been out. He's coming back to Boston, but it could just be to see teammates or something for the holidays.

With Bergeron being out, the Bruins would be allowed to place him on LTIR and use his remaining cap hit to bring someone in for this season in a push for the playoffs. I've read rumors of a deal involving Sergei Fedorov that I hope are explicitly false and whoever made them up should have their fingers cut off.

The Sabres have outshot the Bruins 150-93 in the four games that the teams have played so far.

The Bruins have outscored the Sabres 11-7 and have won three of those four games.

Sports are funny sometimes.

Well I did, although the Jackets are a bit better than I expected. As for the North East, I was surprised by the tear that the Habs went on (I guess they're coming back to Earth now) and the Bruins are good too, with their boring ass trap system. They reminded me of the Devils from the games I've seen them play this season. I expected the Leafs to be a middling team fighting for a playoff spot, but man they sure hit a rough patch and then gone on to play like world beaters lately. Buffalo should be better than they are, remember people saying the Sabres will still be an excellent team even without Briere and Drury? Ottawa is the best to no surprise, though after a huge start, they've struggled mightily.

I just noticed that there's two teams in the AHL called the Admirals - Milwaukee and Norfolk. Roughriders/Rough Riders all over again.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I'm really hoping that the Hawks get it together. I know you're going to hit some losing streaks, but you just can't afford to fall out of the top 8 in the West. They might never get back up to 8th.

A really fun Flyers/Penguins game on Versus right now, which reminds me: Is anyone else really not interested in the whole "THE NHL NEEDS MORE GOALS!" movement right now? I feel like the game is fairly fun to watch right now, with perhaps the only things that need to be done is looking at shrinking the goalie pads slightly and taking away the damned trapezoid. Anyone else really not interested in seeing 6-5 and 7-5 games?

Joffrey Lupul has six points tonight. SIX! Three goals, three assists.

I wonder if he'll be called the best player in the league now. Seriously, the Lecavalier thing is a little silly. He's having a great year, no doubt, and he's consistently been one of the better players the last few years, but it seems really Johnny-come-lately, doesn't it?

The Habs don't have a 5-on-5 goal in over the equivalent of more than two games. I'd like to say a point is a point, but for all the supposed future snipers on the Habs and in Hamilton, we're not winning many shootouts, are we? What's that, 1-4 on the season?

And Strachan said tonight that Guy put the blame on Koivu....and Smolinski's out for six weeks. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Elsewhere, both Alberta teams win via the shootout, and Joffrey Lupul finishes with six points in the Flyers' 8-2 win over the Pens. He has 23 points this year, and 28 last year. Crosby was in on both Pittsburgh goals.

What was with the Pens going after Biron in the 3rd period last night? There was the aforementioned Laraque slide, as well as Crosby "accidentally" tripping up Biron behind the net in as he was skating by. Way to man up, Pittsburgh.