TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

Turning Point

Yup, nothing special so far.

They already had the tables match (** 3/4), a women's tag (** 1/4, Velvet Sky is HOT) and Storm/Young (**) and now are about to do the Feast or Fire match here. Should be interesting - still no specific rules announced yet.

Rhino was taken out of the tacks match (they played it up like it was from being laid out on Impact, but thinking there is something else here than that) so Abyss is going to have a mystery partner in that match.

Also, its probably just storyline but they are saying Scott Hall isnt at the show yet.

Guys in the battle royal thing - XXX, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy, Rave, Hoyt, Chris Harris, VKM, LAX, and Scott Steiner.

Harris is playing heel before the match starts bitching at the announcers about something. He's also getting heat for refusing to even participate in the match because of the risk of being fired. Tenay and West are ripping on him alot for having no cahones.

Apparently, and this is just from how the match has started, there is NO over the top battle royal rules at all, nobody really gets eliminated. You just need to grab one of the cases (padlocked on poles on each corner of the ring) and then drop to the floor for you to "win" the case.

Big fucking BS swerve, we'll know what four guys get the cases in this match, but they wont open the cases up to see what they have inside until Impact on Thursday. Arrrg....

Petey Williams just got a case so he's one of the four. Kip James (looking as gay as ever) got a case from the pole, got cornered in the ring and threw it outside to BG James, so James is number two. Senshi just got the third one.

Steiner got the fourth case.

So the four who got cases were Petey Williams, Senshi, BG James, and Steiner.

Really odd match but some ok spots here and there, moreless was a handful of guys in the ring most of the time, and the rest were working outside the ring against each other. Probably could have been worse, but it still was pretty weird and really stupid. Nothing that really was memorable here.

Kong v. Kim next...

If Steiner gets fired for real, the match is immediately worth it. If Steiner gets a title shot, it's the worst match ever.

I think the Feast or Fired match came off better then I had expected. It makes me want to tune in to Impact to find out who has which case.

Are the chants for the TNA Knockouts for real? Or is there some sort of goof factor I missed out on? Why in the world would people cheer for ODB, and Kong?

Kong's a badass and ODB's a wild fun loving drunk with possible bi-sexual overtones.

Not a huge surprise.

I think the Feast or Fired match came off better then I had expected. It makes me want to tune in to Impact to find out who has which case.

I think its complete bullshit for them to do that shit on ppv, just to try to get people to tune into Impact. Don't they get it, many MANY more people are watching Impact than the ppvs, so shouldnt their job be to sell the ppvs and not have the ppvs sell the show? Its back asswards thinking at its finest.

Raven is brought in to be Abyss's partner in about the most "who cares" fashion.

Oh and Kong/Kim was pretty damn awesome, the crowd was really REALLY heated. Post match was well done with Kong just dominating everyone. Smart booking here to keep this feud going, and going hot.

I loved the ODB chants during after the match. The fans have really started to take to her. I like her character and she's a good worker. They have a damn fine Knockouts division.

The tacks match was about as paint by numbers as you get. Nothing really impressed me, finish was what you would expect with Abyss putting his finisher on Rellik on some tacks in the middle of the ring. Other than one other bump by Black Rhein on a table of tacks, that was all for the stip. I've seen other Abyss matches WITHOUT this stip have way more tacks, table bumps, etc, than this. ** at best.

Hall is apparently not going to be there, Nash and Joe are arguing like crazy before the match. If Hall no-showed, give me a break.

Could still just be a swerve of sorts.

Yeah only problem with the "Hall isn't here" promos all night is that Karen was stupid enough to tell Kurt, "I saw Joe talking to Hall and Nash" when Kurt decided to go talk to Joe.

I would have loved if it all turned out to be a plan between Hall and Nash to make sure they had a pissed off Joe for the match.

Joe is "shooting" in the ring on TNA politics and burying Hall. Digging into Nash like crazy as well. I would guess because Nash probably fought to get Hall back and in and vouched for him a bit. Whether its scripted or not, its good. Nash looks pissed off though.

Then out of the blue, he announces Eric Young as the new teammate. WTF?!!!

I thought for sure we would see Jarrett be the third man, just to make up for Hall's no show. Guess not.

Other than the women's title match, this show has been pretty fucking weak to say the least. A refund for paying for this show, in theory, would be nice.

Yeah he was making shots at Angle too, such as "guys profiting for their own benefit", etc. A dig at Angle for getting Karen on the payroll?

Not that I don't think Eric Young is a hard worker and everything, but having him in this match is just way weird. I feel like I'm watching Impact right now.

Joe pins Tomko after a muscle buster. Most phoned in, underwhelming, lackluster, and just boring TNA ppv main event EVER.

Nash immediately leaves the ring after the match while Young and Joe celebrate in the ring to end the ppv. I can't tell if they are playing on a Nash/Joe match down the road or if, because of the Hall no-show, which led to the interesting promo by Joe, including legit shots digged AT Nash, that Nash is legitimately pissed off.

What a waste of money this was. While it was clear Hall no-showed, I wonder what the deal was with Rhino.

Other than the Knockouts match, this sounds like a truly horrible fucking PPV.

Well it was easily TNA's worst ppv of the year, I will say that much. Their hands were tied a bit with the main event, but that should have been an excuse to really do something out of left field to at least make the last part of the show come off somewhat memorable. As I said before, as much as I am not a fan of his, having JJ make an appearance as the new partner would have at least been a bit of a surprise. But at least Joe went over (although it was over Tomko, who doesnt really mean much), who knows what the original finish of that match was before the Hall no-show. Probably Nash over Angle or some shit.

With the women's match at ***, that was MOTN.

Nothing was really horrible, but nothing was worth whatever the PPVs cost. The Womens' title match was easily the best overall segment of the entire show. Otherwise this felt like a really long Impact.

Also, for shits and giggles, I decided to go to the TNA roster page and see who Joe could've picked. Outside of Jarrett (who wouldn't have fit Joe's spiel about young, hungry guys), Eric Young was the only viable choice.

So is the Hall "no show" an actual shoot, or was the entire thing yet another scripted bait-and-switch in order to further a new direction for Joe? If it wasn't a shoot, then that's horrible of TNA to do that, especially after they just did something like that earlier in the show with the cases. If it's actually for real, then wow, just wow. The industry just needs to totally leave Scott Hall in the past once and for all...and I'm a fan of the guy!

I didn't even bother watching a stream of this show, and I'm glad that I didn't now.

I want to like TNA so badly, I really do. I watch Impact when I remember it, but I just don't feel anything for the product other than disappointment and disgust.

Who knows with Tna, this could be something they are doing on purpose with Hall to play off his past.

So is the Hall "no show" an actual shoot, or was the entire thing yet another scripted bait-and-switch in order to further a new direction for Joe? If it wasn't a shoot, then that's horrible of TNA to do that, especially after they just did something like that earlier in the show with the cases.

I didn't even bother watching a stream of this show, and I'm glad that I didn't now.

I want to like TNA so badly, I really do. I watch Impact when I remember it, but I just don't feel anything for the product other than disappointment and disgust.

I think it had to be real, because they would have had a much better plan than having Eric f'n Young as the new guy if it wasn't.

Although, if they end up keeping Nash around (which judging by the way he acted, is questionable at best) they could so easily manuever a Nash/Joe match from this mess.

Nothing was really horrible, but nothing was worth whatever the PPVs cost. The Womens' title match was easily the best overall segment of the entire show. Otherwise this felt like a really long Impact.

Also, for shits and giggles, I decided to go to the TNA roster page and see who Joe could've picked. Outside of Jarrett (who wouldn't have fit Joe's spiel about young, hungry guys), Eric Young was the only viable choice.

What about Kaz? Or Lethal? Matt Morgan? Hell, how crazy would it have been to have Awesome Kong been the person he calls out? Shit, what about Christopher Daniels or Chris Harris? Sure, they are heels, but the context of the promo meant it really didnt matter if it was a heel or a face in the big scheme of things.

They had other (and more interesting) options than Young, even when you consider "young and hungry" performers.

Just because it really was the only really stand-out part of this show other than Kim/Kong, here is a synopsis on Joe's promo before the "main event" - from pwtorch.com

The heels came to the ring first, then Nash, then Joe. Joe took a while to come out as his music played. Tenay and West wondered if it was a mind game or if he was looking for a partner. Joe said backstage he was told to come out there because the fans trust him. He said Hall no-showed the event tonight. He said he'd love to tell them that he would be walking to the ring later tonight, but the truth is he "punked out on me and on every single fan in this building tonight." Joe said he considered going two-on-three and making the best of it, but then he realized he just got a live mic on PPV, so he wanted to get something off his back. He said there are TNA die-hards who bust their asses for the fans every week and there are superstars who think they come and do whatever they want, however they feel like it. He said there are superstars who screw the hard-working guys of TNA and the fans, too. He looked at Nash, who stood in the corner and listened with body language that said he wasn't into it. Joe said TNA is the wrestlers who show up and bust their butts for the fans. "Scott Hall, chico, kiss my ass, you punked out and you're a punk," said Joe. He looked over at Nash. Then he lookd out of the ring and asked someone if they were mad. He said, "Go ahead and fire me, I don't care." Joe said they were going to try call someone to be his partner. He said he didn't want someone from the outside because they've got everybody they needed already in the back. He said when he asked if anyone wanted to team with him, all of the X guys stood up. Joe said there was one wrestler, bloody and battered, who will show up even when old and broken down. He then called for Eric Young. Huh?

---------

Honestly, the only stuff I fully enjoyed in this show was both women's matches. The women's tag was ridiculous comedy at times, but I did like the idea of teaming the two blondes regularly. The women's title match was not the greatest match ever, but the crowd made it that much more fun, and Kong was booked pretty damn well.

I have to admit I laughed my ass off at Scott Hall no showing the PPV. I have no idea why TNA thought bringing Hall in would be a good idea given the past decade of his various fuckups. I too am a big fan of the guy but he's been a burnt out drunkard for years. Oh, and there is absolutely no way this is a work. There are some things you can work, but purposefully having a guy no show your advertised main event is NOT one of them.

Gotta admit I had zero desire to see this show and after reading this I am very glad I didn't.

Two thoughts.

Either it's a shoot, and Joe's promo was a complete shoot, even as far as making Eric Young his partner. (Maybe Joe respects Young and wanted to give him a chance in the main event and is legit pissed off at Scott Hall and the "big names" TNA brings in) Since Joe announced Young as his partner, TNA decided to just go with it. This would also make sense as to why Karen Angle said that she saw Joe talking to Hall and Nash. Maybe they forgot to change the script for her, and she read it, not knowing.

Or, it's a complete work. If it is, it'd be a pretty cool, I think. Joe leading all of the "devoted TNA workers", against Hall Nash Angle Booker T etc, in a giant stable war that extends across the whole roster.