TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Pineapple Express

I need to see it again, but a first viewing disappointed me. I don't really desire an action movie with these actors, over-the-top or otherwise. There were some great one-liners and it feels like a movie that could grow on you, but as it was, it was unnecessarily long flick with a shaky plot.

That movie was so eerily dead on when it comes to the deals or just high conversations in general, although I'm not really surprised by that but the whole "persona" thing had me dying. It was one entertaining movie and I wasn't disappointed at all. Oh and I give it a few weeks before some dumbass says they actually have pineapple express.

After McBridge nearly passes out from blood loss- "Oh, I feel like the nerd at the sleep-over who fell asleep at nine."

Or when Franco suggests tying the cells to an animal followed by Dale's off hand comment "We'll never catch an animal..."

"Shit, we slept eighteen hours!"

"So this is the result of babyfucking..."

That movie was so eerily dead on when it comes to the deals or just high conversations in general, although I'm not really surprised by that but the whole "persona" thing had me dying. It was one entertaining movie and I wasn't disappointed at all. Oh and I give it a few weeks before some dumbass says they actually have pineapple express.

After McBridge nearly passes out from blood loss- "Oh, I feel like the nerd at the sleep-over who fell asleep at nine."

Or when Franco suggests tying the cells to an animal followed by Dale's off hand comment "We'll never catch an animal..."

"Shit, we slept eighteen hours!"

"So this is the result of babyfucking..."

You forgot...

"... smoking it is like killing a unicorn"

Also, hearing both "I Got Skillz" by Shaquille O'Neal and "Tha Crossroads" remix by Bone cracked me up.

I enjoyed the movie. I didn't like it as much as Knocked Up, Superbad, or even Walk Hard, but I laughed throughout. It seems like one of those movies that will grow on you with repeated viewings though so I'll probably see it again or get the DVD.

I found this on IMDB's news section...

Rogen Plans Superbad/Pineapple Express Crossover

13 August 2008 6:26 PM, PDT

Seth Rogen is planning to bring back movie hits Superbad and Pineapple Express with one cross-over sequel.

Rogen and Evan Goldberg creation Superbad was a box office hit in 2007, grossing $162 million (GBP81 million) off a relatively small $20 million (GBP10 million) budget.

Stoner comedy Pineapple Express is heading for similar heights, having already taken double its $25 million (GBP12.5 million) budget in just a week at the global box office.

And Rogen's co-star in the movie, James Franco, reveals studio bosses are leaning on the 26 year old to write follow ups for both.

Franco tells MTV, "Even before Superbad came out, I think the studio was trying to get (Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg) to write a sequel, but they really didn't want to write a sequel. And so, an answer to that was to do a Superbad/Pineapple Express crossover, an unprecedented crossover movie with two directors, Greg Motolla and David Gordon Green, each directing half of the movie and somehow these characters get together, which doesn't make sense at all, but could work."

I'm into it, for sure. I hope Rogen pulls double duty (on-screen) in this one because we definitely need an appearance from the Superbad cops..

Best part by far was

when Dale and Saul tried escaping from the cell and Dale tried the "oh what's that over there?" trick only to get gunned down while trying to run out

Nah, I'd say the best part was

Saul's expression in the tree when he said Dale was his best friend, only for Dale to change the topic ASAP

. It was so awkward, and Franco nailed the character 100%.

I think the Superbad/Pineapple Express thing was going around a little bit before anyone had even seen PE, but since it comes from James Franco I guess it's a little closer to being real now. Seems a little strange though, and I'm sure it took a lot of convincing (or money) to get Seth to agree to it because I had just seen a couple interviews with him where he said he's really trying to cut back on how much work he's doing for a little while because he was starting to feel like he was getting overexposed and still has a few more big projects lined up in a row.

I saw this on Sunday for a second time, and it was better the second time around. Right now this is my second favorite film of the year behind HELLBOY II.