TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Right Said Thread/I'm Board Da Ba Dee Da Ba Di

Where and how? God I hated that fucking Blue song, they did a second one which was even worse

Where and how? God I hated that fucking Blue song

I saw them at a radio station concert back in '00 or whenever the song was big. They played for 15 minutes and opened and closed with "Blue" amusingly enough.

Ah, I remember when these guys were the official band of people who didn't like music.

We read the lyrics to Drops Of Jupiter in an English class once as an example of really horrendous modern poetry. We basically just spent an hour and a half tearing the song to bits.

That same professor also included Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis by Tom Waits into our poetry curriculum. Entertaining class.

Hey now come on Train wasn't a one hit wonder. They had at least three hits ("Meet Virginia", the aforementioned "Drops of Jupiter" and "Calling All Angels")! And their lead singer has a solo album out now that sounds exactly like Train.

And I also saw them live coincidentally enough at the same radio station concert that I saw Eifel 65.

And "Drops of Jupiter" is from '01 not the 90s! It's probably my favorite guilty pleasure of this decade.

Guest Smues

Blue caused me so much mental anguish in 99/00. It didn't help that they played it in the maze at Laserquest all the time.

And yeah Train aren't one hit wonders but they suck too.

I guess I need to actually contribute to this thread, so I'll admit that I love Mambo Number 5. Yeah it was over played to death, and the rest of the album sucked/was the same song over and over, but that song is still great so screw the haters.

Informer by Snow sucks but it's entertaining in its suckage.

Edit: I just clicked on Czech's video, FUCK THE VENGA BOYS. God I thought that song was awful enough on the radio every day, then the sporting arena's picked it up. Fuck the Venga Boys.

Kamala, you really do talk about '90s alternative rock a lot. What a strange area of expertise. I guess I'm no better with my soft spots for Amber (this is your night, the way I feel is sexual, or Real McCoy (Automatic Lover, Runaway, Come and Get Your Love, Another Night). Why, I happen to know that "Where Do You Go" by No Mercy samples "Runaway," which only came out like two years prior! How lame is that. I've also professed love for "Rhythm Is a Dancer," "What Is Love?", and Nikki French's cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart." Who did "I Will Love Again"? Lara Fabian, right? That had its moments.

My Train awareness ceased by 2000, so I only knew them for "Meet Virginia," but somehow, "Drops of Jupiter" is worse.

As Jim Steinman's biggest fan on this board, I have to say that the cover of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is terrible. Sorry Czech.

You know what my favorite one-hit wonder of the 90's is? "You Get What You Give" by the New Radicals. And I hated that song when it came out, but then I came to love it. And if Gregg Alexander hadn't gotten so freaked out by having a hit song that he quit performing, maybe they wouldn't have only had one hit, because that whole album is great. You should all buy, download or somehow listen to Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too right now. I have no shame about having this opinion and I'll accept whatever slings and arrows Czech chooses to fire at me over this.

I wished I still had that CD. I bought it when it first came out and it was awesome. I have no idea where it is now.

Canada has produced some crappy shit during the late 90's.

I love "You Get What You Give," and I'm still proud of the day I brought it up in a wrestling thread. (Somebody said a bunch of guys, like Masters and Orton, should be the New Radicals.)

Oh, well that's good to hear. I was a bigger fan of you responding to a mention of Danielle Brisebois with "All in the Family AND the New Radicals. The meathead got what he gave!"

I love "You Get What You Give," and I'm still proud of the day I brought it up in a wrestling thread. (Somebody said a bunch of guys, like Masters and Orton, should be the New Radicals.)

Perfectly acceptable.

Speaking of the Vengas, anyone else figured out why We Like To Party was the main theme of All Star Baseball '05 for the Xbox? (Although, to be fair, the game was actually released, despite the name, in the spring of '04. I guess modern menu music has a window of 3.5 years instead of 4.5) A buddy of mine popped in one day as I was navigating the menus, with WLTP playing, of course. I'm notorious for custom soundtracks with my gaming, so even though this incident was 30 months ago, he still teases me about it.

I think this is the first time I've seen the Blue video in full. I think it was too crappy for MTV even if the song got overplayed on the radio. This might be the worst CGI I've ever seen surpassing the mark set by the CGI in Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun In Space and any Sci Fi Channel original movie.

New Radicals might be my favorite 90s one hit wonder. Spacehog is up there too.

Leprechaun 4: Leprechaun In Space

I can't think of why I've seen this, but I have. Hahrrible.

yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh

In addition to them, there was also Lit, and Lit had that annoying song that was one of those "official song of wacky antics" songs from middle school, so to speak, until that terrible Kryptonite song came out, then that was. Horrible songs, both.

Guest Smues

Can someone explain to me why this was popular?

Or this?

Or this?

I do however completely admit to loving Cotton Eyed Joe.

^ :lol: ^

first one - i hated that song

second - OMG I WAS JUST THINKING OF THAT SONG THE OTHER DAY! you saved my life. i couldn't remember who did that. one hit wonders rock.

third - not available

fourth - this song is awesome.

AOL radio. All Metallica station. i'm a happy camper.

Even though it's not available, I can tell that the third video is "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Why was it popular? Because it's fucking great. Dummy.

One of my favorites one hit wonders of the 90s, Primitive Radio Gods. I'm just a sucker for anything that sample B.B. King.

Anytime I listen to one of those adult contemporary "80s, 90s, and Now!" stations for more than 15 minutes, this song fucking comes on everytime without fail. Marc Cohn is pretty bad ass for taking a bullet in the head.

I also saw these guys live UNPLUGGED which will only enhance my reputation as the "90s alternative rock expert". This song title always got a giggle out of me and my elementary school mates.