TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jearan

iMPACT 12/06

Guest Jearan

Strangely, no-one reported this but the show was GREAT!!! Best main event EVER on any iMPACT show. I didn't read none of the spoilers so i waited until the show and i watched and and it was GREAT. Yet again, the goths who wrote in the spoiler thread were all wrong.

The main event was a 5 vs 5. The buildup to this main event during show was EXTREMELY INTENSE. Eric young filled the role of the 5th member on Joe's alliance. He fills in the role that x-pac used to but in a much better way because he's 10 times more entertaining to watch than x-pac, a wrestler i cared nothing about.

There's a lot of tension in both alliances and both can fall any time. Nash teamed up with Joe but we never know what can happen between those two. I expected Nash would betray Joe in the 5vs5 but it didn't happen. We have all this big guns and egos teaming with each other and everything threatens to explode at the first spark.

TNA does it again and keeps going above ground. Strangely, this is not acknowledged by fans on this forum because over the years their vocabulary was reduced to two words, "it" and "sucks".

At the same time, WWE continues with it's serious problems and it's rejects that no other organisations would sign. The true talent in WWE turns away to other organisations because Vince turns them into jabronis instead of using them to their full potential, as is the case with Booker T.

Strangely, no-one reported this but the show was GREAT!!!

Can't speak for anyone else but I was too busy applying the deep-black eyeliner my WWE employers so thoughtfully purchased for me to bother with Impact this week.

Strangely, no-one reported this but the show was GREAT!!! Best main event EVER on any iMPACT show. I didn't read none of the spoilers so i waited until the show and i watched and and it was GREAT. Yet again, the goths who wrote in the spoiler thread were all wrong.

The main event was a 5 vs 5. The buildup to this main event during show was EXTREMELY INTENSE. Eric young filled the role of the 5th member on Joe's alliance. He fills in the role that x-pac used to but in a much better way because he's 10 times more entertaining to watch than x-pac, a wrestler i cared nothing about.

There's a lot of tension in both alliances and both can fall any time. Nash teamed up with Joe but we never know what can happen between those two. I expected Nash would betray Joe in the 5vs5 but it didn't happen. We have all this big guns and egos teaming with each other and everything threatens to explode at the first spark.

TNA does it again and keeps going above ground. Strangely, this is not acknowledged by fans on this forum because over the years their vocabulary was reduced to two words, "it" and "sucks".

I'll add two more: "Go" and "away".

I wholeheartedly agree with him doing non TNA PPV reviews. I'm betting his favorite non TNA PPV is WCW New Blood Rising because of all of the SWERVES!

And I like how he says "over the years at this forum", how long has he been here? A week maybe?

Man, I'm a TNA mark and not even I'm that bad. I know when they do bad things, although Impact wasn't bad this week.

Lance Storm chimes in again

Random TV Thoughts

TNA: Impact December 06, 2007

- TNA is completely retarded!!!!

- This weeks show was so f--k'ing bad I'm tapping out AGAIN. I may give them another chance in the New Year (maybe not), but I don't need this aggrevation over the holidays. NOTHING makes a lick of sense on this show.

- Before I go any further, because this is going to get stiff, let me clarify that TNA has likely the best talent roster going. There are more guys I'd rather see working, in TNA than on RAW, SD, or ECW, quite possibly even combined. That being said I can't stomach this show any longer, the booking is so beyond comprehendable I give up.

- So much of this show was centered around Cornette wanting these cases secured, so no one could tamper with them. Problem is those of us with at least half a brain (this obviosuly excludes whoever wrote this shit) realizes that since the guys showed up in their cars with the cases, to open the show, they've already had the cases for "4-days", I'm pretty sure any tampering they wanted to do would be done by now!

- To make matters worse (a TNA booking theme) to secure the cases they are put on DISPLAY in a room that the entire locker room wonders through during the show.

- People actually paid (grantly probably not that many) to watch Turning Point to find out who would get title shots and who would get fired. This didn't happen on PPV instead TNA screwed the fans and told them it will be done on Impact for free. Now on Impact we are told, sorry folks you have to wait till next week. This is such poor bait and switch business it's unbelieveable.

- They did the exact same thing with the Fight for the Right match. They promised to award a Title shot to someone on the PPV, but at the PPV we were told that it was just going to decide seeding for a tournament that would happen on free TV. Then they have the tournament on free TV only to find out that we still don't get to know the guy who gets the Title shot because they are doing a rematch on PPV. So to get what fans were promised on 1 PPV they had to buy 2 PPVs, and watch 6-8 hours of Impact. That's bullshit!

- We then have an unadvertised 6 man ladder match for the "possession" of the X Title belt. Johnny Devine now has "legal" possession of the belt, but isn't the champ, while Jay Lethal is the X Champion but doesn't have the belt. If that makes sense to anyone I suggest you seek psychiatric help immediately.

- Did they pin Gail Kim tonight because they were pissed fans cared more about her match at the PPV than they did the Main Event? The Women's Title has been the only thing they have been doing right lately (likely the reason why fans cared at the PPV) so they have a girl who isn't even in the angle pin Gail in the middle of the ring. Absolutely retarded.

- There are a ton of other things wrong with the show, but why bother. I think I just put more thought into writing this than TNA does into booking the show. I'm done. To the talented guys and girls who work in TNA, I wish you the best, but I can't watch this show anymore it's just not worth it!!!!

You guys have to admit one thing about this week's impact. Some of Nash's spots in the main event were gold. A favorite of mine was when everyone was doing the usual "One wrestler dives out of the ring onto another / then another wrestler dives off the top rope onto those two / then another flies through the top and middle rops onto those 3 / etc." spot. After everyone else did that, Nash was alone in the ring, and charged full speed ahead to the opposite ropes like he was about to do a dive too, then stopped half-way across the ring, looked at the other guys and gave a "whatever" look. Awesome shit.

Admittedly though, the booking for this week's episode made zero sense. I ran the Jay Lethal / Chris Devine storyline past my girlfriend who occasionally humors me by watching wrestling, but really doesn't know much about it. Even she said having a match to decide who has POSSESSION of a belt, but isn't necessarily champion makes no sense.

I think banning Jeran for his TNA liking is a bit harsh though. Even if it was bad.

If I could ban people just for liking TNA, you wouldn't be here.

Good point.

I dont know what it was particularly about the past Impact, but it all came across to be horribly rushed in most of the show, very scattered in the booking more than I've seen Impact before under the two hour banner, and generally I just wasn't very entertained. A clear example of just throwing something out there that should have meant more was Senshi v. Daniels with Skipper as the ref. The second bait and switch on the cases thing was ridiculous and really didn't make much sense what the fuck Cornette's point even was. The guys came to the arena WITH the cases, wouldnt they have opened them up by then if that was an issue? And not even going to go into the ladder match for the X title that wasn't even on the line in the match, more for who gets to actually HAVE the X title in their possession. Its just a weird angle that really is goofy as shit. Shouldn't Cornette enforce Lethal gets his belt back instead of having a ridiculous match to determine who gets to walk around with it, but yet not be considered champ? I hope to never see this angle repeated again in any way shape or form in any other organization, period.

Guest MadManOnTheWater
And not even going to go into the ladder match for the X title that wasn't even on the line in the match, more for who gets to actually HAVE the X title in their possession. Its just a weird angle that really is goofy as shit. Shouldn't Cornette enforce Lethal gets his belt back instead of having a ridiculous match to determine who gets to walk around with it, but yet not be considered champ?

I seem to recall Lethal barging in and requesting a match. It's plausible that if he hadn't come in, Cornette would have taken back the belt.

Guest LuckyLopez

In fact, Cornette had already demanded that the Dudleyz return the belt when Lethal barged into the room. Bubba even went to give the belt to Lethal. He called Lethal a coward or some such unable of taking the belt back. So Lethal challenged them to the match, saying he didn't need to be given the belt back and he'd take it back.

So really, Cornette DID order the belt back and Lethal was the one who made the match happen because of his pride. You can maybe argue that Lethal is an idiot. And if Devine just has "legal" ownership of the belt this week then that's at least an odd situation. But the match was explained in a logic sequence of events earlier in the show.

And I'm personally a fan of this angle. Lethal and MCMG have pretty much been booked over the Dudleyz and Devine the entire way, getting a number of pins and regularly beating them only to get screwed out of the decision. Lethal and MCMG are basically fighting for their pride. The only complaint I have is that like the LAX/Team 3D feud its just become gimmick match after gimmick match. But ultimately if I enjoy the matches I'm not going to complain too loudly about TNA wasting a lumberjack match or ladder match that probably wouldn't be much of a "draw."