TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

RAW XV

Guest frostdude1
Hey I haven't seen it anywhere yet, so I'll let you know what happened after RAW last night. Everyone hung around and looked like they were having a really good time. Randy Orton, Khali and Umaga kept messing with The Godfather's Ho's, getting them to drink beer and even pouring beer down two of the girls dresses. Randy was being especially flirty and having fun with the chicks. Umaga and Orton kept dousing the girls with beer and eventually got them to show their breasts to the crowd. One of them tried to take Orton's WWE Title belt but he wouldn't let it happen. Orton drank about 5-10 beers I'll bet. Edge and Gangrel were hugging and sharing a beer, Austin and Umaga, Foley and Jericho too. This was one of the coolest moments of the night seeing all the guys and girls together like that. Jericho ended up being the last star to leave the ring area.

:lol: :lol:

Was CM Punk having a beer in the ring, or did he get a can of Pepsi the same way Regal was drinking a can of Coke? Bet it must have been cool to see the final in ring celebration towards the end. Too bad Christian wasn't still with the WWE because a Brood reunion would have kicked all kinds of ass

It's been happening to me forever with Firefox. I THINK (but am not sure) that it's related to a lot of ad blocking content I have installed in the "themes" or "chrome" or something... I don't know what I was doing, just following the instructions of someone on IRC a few years ago. It really is good at blocking a lot of banner ads (PWI is actually readable!) but I tend to blame it for not allowing things like video pop-up windows. They all work fine in IE.

Have you got the latest version of Windows Media Player? A lot of new media online won't play without it.

I can't get anything to load in firefox at all, I ended up using the IEtab extention, seems to let everything load fine

I'm watching this when I get home from Work...from what I heard I can't wait.

Jillian Hall's album is on iTunes for those interested. About what you would expect, though I do like Jingle Bell Rock.

Seriously? Now THAT'S funny. Jillian is officially the first heel "crappy egotistical musician" character in wrestling history who really DOES have an album out. Thus she has succeeded where the likes of Double J and Three Count have all failed.

That being said, I think she's way over the top with the bad singing gimmick. Yeah, I know she's supposed to suck, but she could at least go for a "Ashlee Simpson unplugged" sort of sucking rather than screeching in the way she does, where it's all too obvious that she's trying to sound as off-key as possible.

It's been happening to me forever with Firefox. I THINK (but am not sure) that it's related to a lot of ad blocking content I have installed in the "themes" or "chrome" or something... I don't know what I was doing, just following the instructions of someone on IRC a few years ago. It really is good at blocking a lot of banner ads (PWI is actually readable!) but I tend to blame it for not allowing things like video pop-up windows. They all work fine in IE.

Have you got the latest version of Windows Media Player? A lot of new media online won't play without it.

Yeah, I got around to hacking the stupid WGA requirement and hoped that would fix those problems, but the Firefox window just sits there with a black screen. It works fine with IE though, like I said.

Also, I forgot to mention a line from JR that got a chuckle from me: "Skinner certainly was a Fabulous One".

Hmm, I don't know where I got the 30 bucks a month figure from. I do have the service and is a great service, but I thought it was in the 15-30 bucks range. I split the cable bill so I never really looked at the price. Thanks for the correction, but I still think a lot of people are to lazy to search through the on demand service. Out of all my friends and my immediate family I think I'm the only one who uses on demand more than once every few months. My friends pretty much reply, they don't have anything good on it.

Jillian Hall's album is on iTunes for those interested. About what you would expect, though I do like Jingle Bell Rock.

Seriously? Now THAT'S funny. Jillian is officially the first heel "crappy egotistical musician" character in wrestling history who really DOES have an album out. Thus she has succeeded where the likes of Double J and Three Count have all failed.

That being said, I think she's way over the top with the bad singing gimmick. Yeah, I know she's supposed to suck, but she could at least go for a "Ashlee Simpson unplugged" sort of sucking rather than screeching in the way she does, where it's all too obvious that she's trying to sound as off-key as possible.

Anyone else actually look for Jarretts record back in the day?

anyhow fun show I guess last night. Although thinking about it, shouldnt they have done this show next month, since its the official anniversary (quick check says raw premiered 1/11/93 so yep it is) and stuff. I suppose they wanted to get it out of the way.

So who did you mark out the most for? Sunny, Bastion Booger, Trish, Dibiase, Knuckleball Scwhartz? :P

I was surprised to see Mike Shaw still had the Booger outfit (and actually hes a lot smaller now so it fit him better)

and was it just me or was Marty jannetty actually wearing the same tights as when the rockers "won" the tag title 17 years ago?

hogan was in black, I guess cuz of the divorce and all

enough nostalgia mixed with a little bit of action, made the show pretty fun, if not a bit too long. But tons better than the 10th anniversary show

This made me laugh, someone on JR's blog posted this question to him:

CWK Says:

J.R.

What are your thoughts on The Rock not appearing on the 15th anniv. RAW show?

I think its an extreme lack of direspect that he didn’t show up to the anniv. of a show that made him. Its amazing that guys like Bischoff who are very busy all the time, and someone like Hogan who is balancing a reality TV show , different business ventures and an impending divorce with his whole framily life crumbling, and he showed up and gave respect. If Rock was filming a movie, fine. He still could have gotten on a jet , flew to RAW, showed respect and went back . The Rock used the WWE, pfff.

Dude even Bob Backlund was there for goodness sakes. Mae Old with posture like a jumbo shrimp even managed to barely make it in the ring and show respect. GAWWWWWWD!

I need your thoughts on The Rock situation J.R. (holds out mic for J.R.)

posted on December 11th, 2007 at 2:23 am

I like how she did that gimmick on this show, which is meant to rip on Hogans daughter and Hogan still appeared. That makes me laugh really hard.

I highly recommend listening to the Bryan and Vinny show on f4wonline.com recapping this show. Love the analogy of Vince taking a beer from Austin being the wrestling equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football held by Lucy. I also like his analogy of swerves and his take on how Tenay and West would do commentary during Undertaker's entrance ("It's dark in here!" "It sure is Mike!", "Undertaker is coming down the ramp!").

I highly recommend listening to the Bryan and Vinny show on f4wonline.com recapping this show. Love the analogy of Vince taking a beer from Austin being the wrestling equivalent of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football held by Lucy. I also like his analogy of swerves and his take on how Tenay and West would do commentary during Undertaker's entrance ("It's dark in here!" "It sure is Mike!", "Undertaker is coming down the ramp!").

It's a great show, and it's a free one, so here's the link:

http://www.f4wonline.com/free/121107bvshow.mp3

When reading that last part about West and Tenay doing commentary during Taker's entrance, the first thing that popped in my head was "Whoa~! Lights out in the Impact Zone!!! IT CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING!".

Thats pretty spot on. Man, I can't stand those guys on commentary.

Overall, it was an entertaining show, no doubt about it.

BTW, Meltzer reports the show did a 4.1 rating, which is a significant increase over what they usually do.

Too bad they can't have a couple dozen former stars on the show every week.

Rajah.com had a posting that said WWE Management was well aware of the monster pop that RVD received, and are now interested in bringing him back. As much as I would love to see RVD back, I don't want to see him being the jobber bitch that he was for his last year in WWE, following the drug charges.

I don't know, why would they bring back RVD and bury him again if they were impressed with his pop and want him back? They would probably send him back to ECW and put that belt back on him at some point, maybe have him cross back onto SD like the other ECW guys.

I don't know, why would they bring back RVD and bury him again if they were impressed with his pop and want him back? They would probably send him back to ECW and put that belt back on him at some point, maybe have him cross back onto SD like the other ECW guys.

Forget that. He's Mr. Monday Night, put him on RAW.

I know he's Mr. Monday Night but what exactly is there to do for him on Raw? There's already HHH, HBK, Orton, Jericho, Kennedy, Flair, Lashley (when he returns), Cena (when he returns), and so on. SD is much more dire need of top talent since they have maybe 3 guys on that roster who can believably main event.

This is the first RAW I've downloaded without reading any spoilers since the draft and man alive did I have fun watching it!

Countless mark out moments. RVD, Sunny, Gangrel, Blackman, Snow (although dissapointed there was no Head Cheese refrence) etc.

Did anyone else say all the lines along with Million Dollar Man's music? Everyone has a price!

Didn't Jarrett pull a gimmick that he DID have an album out (kayfabe), but it was so popular that it was probably SOLD OUT everywhere (to cover up that it didn't exist)?

I'm real vague on the whole thing, but I can be perfectly honest and say that I looked for a "Jeff Jarrett" card at Best Buy whenever I was out. I never made a special trip or anything, but I kept my eyes out. I guess since I didn't see Barry Didinsky plugging it on RAW should have said something.

Didn't Jarrett pull a gimmick that he DID have an album out (kayfabe), but it was so popular that it was probably SOLD OUT everywhere (to cover up that it didn't exist)?

I'm real vague on the whole thing, but I can be perfectly honest and say that I looked for a "Jeff Jarrett" card at Best Buy whenever I was out. I never made a special trip or anything, but I kept my eyes out. I guess since I didn't see Barry Didinsky plugging it on RAW should have said something.

Man Mountain Rock even did a Album Review on it in the WWF Magazine as he had a regular Music Review section in the mag at the time.