TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VII: Middleweights

Jeremy May punches like a white LaFarrell Bunting.

Also, Rampage of all people getting BUTT-hurt at someone shit-talking is ironic.

Rampage: "Wooo! Did you smell that guy!? THAT'S what knocked the other guy out! Forrest can have the smelly guy..."

I enjoyed Rampage, Dana, and Forrest referring to John Clarke "fat guy" during the fight because he had to cut 17 pounds. Hilarious.

Maybe Rampage should've threatened to pick the guy so he could rough him up in practice. That might've shut the guy up.

Then again the guys on these shows are so cocky(except maybe season 1 and 2) they think they can beat the coaches. Maybe it was just the guys on 5 and 6 that bugged me. I'd like to see any of those guys fight their coaches......wait a minute Joe Lauzon did beat a coach......but not his coach. So the challenge is on!

Anyway this season looks alright so far. I'm interested to see what kind of altercation Rampage and Forrest get into and if it's legit or kind of set up. The Tito/Ken arguments had kind of a fake feel to them.

I still laugh every time I see the Tito/Ken showdown when Tito flinches at him and Ken just goes nuts.

I still laugh every time I see the Tito/Ken showdown when Tito flinches at him and Ken just goes nuts.

When that show was on I had just started dating my fiance. She thought Ken was the most hilariously insecure loser she'd ever seen.

Then she watched his fight with Fujita where he gave up and thought it was even funnier.

Now anytime Ken gets his ass handed to him I have to tell her or show her the fight because she seems to revel in him losing.

So was it just TUF last night or was there a fight night, too? I know TUF replays tonight after TNA Impact, so I can watch it then.

On a semi-related note, has anyone else noticed that, in addition to channel 325, DirecTV now has SpikeTV also on 241?

Can I just say how brilliant it is to start the show off with fights? The whole point of the show is to build connections with fighters, to lend support out. With the previous seasons, it would often take WEEKS before we could see a fighter fight and if they sucked then it would be all for loss. This way of weeding out the shit from the shittier allows us a better chance to pick and choose who we cheer, which overall raises interest in the season. Also, having the coaches and Simon Dana as commentators is a good turn because it gets across certain aspects of the fight. Forrest saying "I'm cheering for the guy who is losing" is good character revelation.

I'm familiar with C.B. Dolloway from a few HDNet fight cards that I have seen him on. I'm not surprised he easily dominated his opponent. Without knowing a whole lot about all the rest of the fighters - I would put him as an early favorite.

I agree that having the fights first really is great. Now you know people and all of those very early training and "getting to meet each other" segments from the beginning will mean more knowing who everyone is.

Dana, Rampage, and Forrest were very entertaining on commentary. They sort of buried Paul Bradley, but whatever.

Good start to the season.

So was it just TUF last night or was there a fight night, too? I know TUF replays tonight after TNA Impact, so I can watch it then.

On a semi-related note, has anyone else noticed that, in addition to channel 325, DirecTV now has SpikeTV also on 241?

So, there was a fight night. Where can I watch it, other than torrents, which I can't figure out?

Matt, for future reference, when there is a pinned event thread... it's that week.

That may save you from forgetting in the future.

I can't help you on where to find it. I use torrent for shows I miss or want to have.

I think it's a bad idea to hold off another week for the rest of the matches... I don't mind, but I could see a lot of people not really caring. Should have finished up tonight.

The way they did it was perfectly fine.

16 fights in one week? That would be ridiculous to pile into one hour. They would've only had time to show recaps of every fight. At least the way they did it we got to see 4 fights and 4 recaps. If they were going to devote 3 hours to the premiere they could have packed everything in. With the 3 hour fight night and that other show spike was premiering after TUF they had no way to pile 16 fights into an hour.

I would have liked to see the 4 fights they only showed recaps of. Even the one Dana was bitching about with the wrestler. I bet Rampage and Dana had some entertaining shit to say about how boring that was.

Did anyone find it funny that they already started to talk trash about Paul Bradley, calling him a boring LNP fighter? Can't be the only one who caught that.

I think it's a bad idea to hold off another week for the rest of the matches... I don't mind, but I could see a lot of people not really caring. Should have finished up tonight.

The way they did it was perfectly fine.

16 fights in one week? That would be ridiculous to pile into one hour. They would've only had time to show recaps of every fight. At least the way they did it we got to see 4 fights and 4 recaps. If they were going to devote 3 hours to the premiere they could have packed everything in. With the 3 hour fight night and that other show spike was premiering after TUF they had no way to pile 16 fights into an hour.

I would have liked to see the 4 fights they only showed recaps of. Even the one Dana was bitching about with the wrestler. I bet Rampage and Dana had some entertaining shit to say about how boring that was.

Not one hour, should have had the rest the following night. I don't mind it, but from a ratings standpoint, most people need someone to connect to in order to keep track... or interest in this show... though they can get by as they have two of the most entertaining guys as coaches. I only speak from the business standpoint of things on this, as the ratings keep getting a bit lower each season after the Tito/Ken season.

I had only watched the last 2 seasons prior to this one, but upon viewing of the tape, that was the best TUF premiere I've seen yet. Most of it was due to the "fight for your spot" format, but having guys I'm more familiar with as coaches in Forrest and Rampage (who was hilarious) helped.

I knew who Matt Hughes was since he's from the same area I am and I've met him, but I had no idea who Matt Serra, BJ Penn, or Jens Pulver were when those shows aired. I'm pretty new to MMA now, and was even newer then.

That punch Riddle threw is now named "Avada Kedavra". Cause, like, he's Matt Riddle, which means he's related to Tom Riddle, AKA Lord Voldemort.

Edit: I wasn't born in Mississippi, just lived there for over 10 years, but, thank you, toothless yokel, Jeremiah Riggs, for putting MS on the map. Huzzah, good sir.

That was something. I was all ready to make fun of him for saying he needed to represent Team Serra and then moaning like that, but he was legit fucked up, so of course I'm not going to say anything.

You guys are lucky Erik Charles didn't win because he owns a gym with the BARN CAT about 30 minutes from where I live. I may have turned a little fanboy.

Just because:

Super secret surprise link

By the way - if you haven't heard the Barn Cat might be on "The Pickup Artist" on VH1. I think they are only debating because there really is no point to the show if he fucks every woman in sight, amirite?

Another fun fact: Tamdan's labrador is named Fedor.

Ok - I'm done now.

That punch Riddle threw is now named "Avada Kedavra". Cause, like, he's Matt Riddle, which means he's related to Tom Riddle, AKA Lord Voldemort.

Edit: I wasn't born in Mississippi, just lived there for over 10 years, but, thank you, toothless yokel, Jeremiah Riggs, for putting MS on the map. Huzzah, good sir.

I think MS wanted to be taken off the map after seeing him represent.

Upkicks apply to the four-point rule. If a guy is simply standing above you the kick is legal, if a knee or either or his hands are touching the ground at the time the kick is thrown it's illegal.