TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VII: Middleweights

I don't give a fuck what that hater Dama or anyone else says... This has been easily one of the best seasons of TUF, it's up there with TUF5...

Fuck all the household drama, and what takes place inside the house, the fights have been fucking awesome... There were a lot of all out wars! If you appreciate true MMA, you appreciated this season.

I appreciate true MMA and I didn't like this at all. So I guess if you appreciate true MMA you don't *have* to like this season.

Then again it could be argued that true MMA is what you see skilled guys like Anderson Silva and Rampage doing. Not a couple of newbies flailing wildly or rolling around doing stuff that would easily get them destroyed by any real vet.

Who gives a fuck if they are newbies... If they provide entertaining fights, then why criticize? Who the fuck watches TUF and except these fighters to hang with the cream of the crop of their respectable divisons ASAP? That's never been the point of TUF, aside from TUF 4. The whole point of TUF is to build up these fighters from scratch so in a few years they can be at the elite level. Did anyone expect Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Nate Diaz, etc. to be able to hang with the best in the world as soon as TUF ended? Fuck no...

Sometimes the lower-tier provide better fights then the main event level fighters... Hell the J-Roc/War Machine fight at the TUF finale was better then the majority of the main events that the UFC provided last year.

Feel bad for Amir, if he loses against CB then he lost to someone he's already gone through to get where he is.

I don't really feel bad for Amir, win or lose he's going to get a contract and will have a bright future. A loss wont slow him down.

The one thing that pisses me off is Matthew Riddle, Dante Rivera, and Cale Yarbrough get invited back for the finale, while Gerald Harris and Dan Cramer don't. Harris and Cramer were much more impressive then those 3 fighters IMO. Hopefully they get future fights for the UFC, especially Harris...

Cramer, for what it's worth was supposed to be on the show but fractured his collarbone in training.

I think Amir's UFC career is going to be dependant on how he looks Saturday night. If he looks good they'll keep him around but if he loses I could see him being sent down to WEC to develop his skills because the guy, for all his talent has zero pro fights and Dana could/would catch some heat for giving the guy main card fights when the MW division needs sorting out.

Cramer, for what it's worth was supposed to be on the show but fractured his collarbone in training.

I think Amir's UFC career is going to be dependant on how he looks Saturday night. If he looks good they'll keep him around but if he loses I could see him being sent down to WEC to develop his skills because the guy, for all his talent has zero pro fights and Dana could/would catch some heat for giving the guy main card fights when the MW division needs sorting out.

I don't think Dana gives a fuck if he catches heat or not, I think thats apparent. Amir earned the right to be in the UFC, even without a 1st pro fight... If Corey Hill and Matthew freakin Riddle is able to get fights in the UFC, then there is no reason why Amir shouldn't.

I don't give a fuck what that hater Dama or anyone else says... This has been easily one of the best seasons of TUF, it's up there with TUF5...

Fuck all the household drama, and what takes place inside the house, the fights have been fucking awesome... There were a lot of all out wars! If you appreciate true MMA, you appreciated this season.

I appreciate true MMA and I didn't like this at all. So I guess if you appreciate true MMA you don't *have* to like this season.

Then again it could be argued that true MMA is what you see skilled guys like Anderson Silva and Rampage doing. Not a couple of newbies flailing wildly or rolling around doing stuff that would easily get them destroyed by any real vet.

Who gives a fuck if they are newbies... If they provide entertaining fights, then why criticize? Who the fuck watches TUF and except these fighters to hang with the cream of the crop of their respectable divisons ASAP? That's never been the point of TUF, aside from TUF 4. The whole point of TUF is to build up these fighters from scratch so in a few years they can be at the elite level. Did anyone expect Forrest Griffin, Rashad Evans, Nate Diaz, etc. to be able to hang with the best in the world as soon as TUF ended? Fuck no...

Sometimes the lower-tier provide better fights then the main event level fighters... Hell the J-Roc/War Machine fight at the TUF finale was better then the majority of the main events that the UFC provided last year.

Do you have some sort of stake in this show? I've never seen someone get so angry just because someone else wasn't entertained by a show. I thought this season sucked. I've been bored out of my brains everytime I watch it. This is a thread to discuss the show. I can come in here and say what I didn't like. The title doesn't say "Only positive things about TUF VII". Sorry if you don't like that, all I can really tell you is to get over it or ignore it.

And I thought J-Roc/War Machine sucked. I don't watch to see two guys get gassed and start swinging wildly.

Just a reminder for people who, like me, missed half the episodes due to being busy on Wednesday nights- all 12 episodes air in order today before the finale. We're halfway through episode 2 now.

J-Roc/War Machine is no classic but I'll say that it doesn't look or feel out of place on the best of 2007 DVD. It was an entertaining fight.

I just watched the J-Roc/War Machine fight, and I gotta say, my eyes were glued to my screen the entire time. It was a great fight, as was the Huerta/Guida fight later that night.

So this is on at 9 here. Any predictions?

Wow, no comments? I enjoyed the show top to bottom. It kicked off with a great bout and didn't really slow down. Fisher/Stevens was good. The finale of TUF was pretty good and it was nice to see Amir win. My favorite match of the night was Diego Sanchez killing that Luigi character in the 3rd round with a sick kneelift before earning the KO victory.

Also, I didn't know Adderall was a banned substance until this show. I can see why, though. I lost 40 pounds onit in 3 months while trying to maintain weight. It'd be great for cutting.

Also, I didn't know Adderall was a banned substance until this show. I can see why, though. I lost 40 pounds onit in 3 months while trying to maintain weight. It'd be great for cutting.

It's more likely banned because it's a mixed of two different types of amphetamines. It's speed, but taken to a way higher level than something like crystal meth. It could be classified as a performance enhancing drug.

The Sanchez/Luigi fight was shaping up to be a good one until Luigi seemed to tweak his knee early in the 2nd round. He had trouble stabilizing himself a few times after he would get hit and Sanchez would then take advantage.

It was awesome seeing Amir armbar CB again. You gotta love that kid.

The show last night confirmed what most of has have known all season: CB Dolloway, though talented, is a complete douchebag.

Fun show, wish I'd got to see Burkman/McLovin' or Horn/Lister but everything was solid. Tanner coming out to "All Along The Watchtower" was fucking EPIC. Best entrance music in a long time.

People are talking about how good Kendall looked against Tanner and I won't dispute that but I'd say I was most impressed by Diego last night. Hasn't lost any of his scramble-ability, agression or toughness but goddamn did his striking look a billion times better. Beautiful kick to finish it all off. I'd really enjoy seeing him against somebody like Alves or Davis next.

TUF Finale was good...hurt by the poor time management and the usual ho-hum production, but I always bitch about that when it comes to UFC so there's no real reason to go back to that.

I think Amir is going to have a great career in UFC...He was easily the cream of the crop, and I think he actually hid that to some degree. Twice against CB, he showed off very good submission skills yet we never really saw that until well into the show. To me, he comes off as highly charismatic, and a very intelligent fighter. In every single of his fights he "should" have lost, but he "found" a way to win as the saying goes. I'd be willing to bet that in every single one of those fights, he had a plan on how to win the fight, and he won that way. I really think within a year or two, he's going to be someone to really watch, if he's not already. We don't even fully know what his credentials are, and how good he can be. He's an X factor, because there's no real reference material as it pertains to his skill set.

Diego looked like a goddamn monster again. Luigi was tough, and held his own, but damn. Diego's main weakness will always be against a high level wrestler who can control him, but against someone his own style, or a striker? Diego eats their lunches.

Kendall Grove looked great against Tanner...but that's not really a new thing. Kendall's shown flashes of serious potential every so often. If he can pull everything together, Kendall should be a force in the UFC Middleweight division, but it's hard to say if he will.

I am really liking where Diego is at right now. Those kicks were sound, and he threw them with such power. I think his main weakness is in mixing it all up when it comes from the stand up to takedown transition, but he showed tremendous aggression which can sometimes make up for it. Saying that his main weakness is against high level wrestlers who can control him is kinda ridiculous. How about listing all the times that has happened to him?

Fucking sweet armbar by Dustin. Good fight too.

It's pretty easy to say a high level wrestler is his weakness. Why? Because both his losses are to high level wrestlers.

He was completely unable to beat Koscheck because he couldn't get him down. There were mitigated circumstances there with Diego's health, but the easy point is Koscheck used his wrestling to negate Diego's ground work, and beat him on points standing. Regardless if he could do it NOW with what Diego showed doesn't matter. He did it.

And Jon Fitch is even easier. He pretty much completely shut Diego down with his wrestling. Diego had some moments, but he lost because Fitch has superior wrestling.

It's a conclusion to come to given the evidence if only because Diego's only losses are to high level wrestlers as stated.

But Fiorivanti isn't a high level wrestler and Diego had trouble with him (though less and less as the fight went on)... the more apt comment would be someone with good takedown defense, given that it takes away Diego's biggest strength in his GnP. Which is becoming a moot point with Diegos developing stand up. Diego, on the ground and off his back is still a threat and I would consider being a strength for him. The only time Koscheck went for a takedown he got in trouble for it. Even against Fitch Diego was still working from his back and I wouldn't exactly say he was shut down. I think you are confusing "taking away his biggest strength" as being "showing his weaknesses", rather than what it really is - just taking away an option when he has more than 1 tool to use. What Diego really needs to focus on, IMO, is finding a way to implement all those tools into his total game, rather than getting into standup mode, or takedown mode, or JJ mode.

If that. And I'd be remiss to point out that within 3 seconds of getting taken down by Koscheck Diego had swept him and taken his back so the "ground" aspect of that fight, minimal as it may be is fairly even. I'm not saying Diego would beat Fitch or Koscheck in a rematch but I think he'd put up a tougher fight, especially against Koscheck.

The Koscheck fight shouldn't even fucking matter. BOTH guys did NOTHING in that fight to warrant a win. The difference was, literally, a handful of shitty punches. No one was in any significant danger and they spent most of their time circling each other. It was a shit fight and both guys looked like shit. Clear evidence that it doesn't matter how look in a fight, what most people will remember is whether you won or lost and then they will fill in the blanks on their own.

I'm thinking they should match Amir up against Riddle in his next fight. Both are young with almost no fights between the two but have shown a good upside so a loss wouldn't hurt either too badly.