TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

TUF VII: Middleweights

The best part of that fight was Koschecks post-fight interview.

Seventeen and ONNNNNNEEEEEE!

That pretty much turned me against Kos, as it showed that all he really cared about was beating Diego and he made no apologies for how shitty the fight was. I mean, I'm all for people trying to get to the winner's bonus, but he did it by doing the bare minumum.

Thankfully he got schooled by GSP the next time out.

The best part of that fight was Koschecks post-fight interview.

Seventeen and ONNNNNNEEEEEE!

That pretty much turned me against Kos, as it showed that all he really cared about was beating Diego and he made no apologies for how shitty the fight was. I mean, I'm all for people trying to get to the winner's bonus, but he did it by doing the bare minumum.

Thankfully he got schooled by GSP the next time out.

It's not like Diego pushed the pace or anything.

Yeah because it's not like Diego had any kind of, oh say, staph infection that slightly limited his performance. If we're doling out blame for that fight the majority of the reason it sucked was Koscheck, especially knowing how sick Diego was Josh still couldn't do anything to him.

Josh didn't TRY to do anything to him. He went for one take down the whole 15 minutes of the fight, Diego swept him, got his back and Josh got out of there.

It was a shitty fight and Koscheck pulled a "Quick Swick," but Diego tried to be a counter-boxer, but couldn't connect and kept circling. They are both to blame for that lousy fight.

But the post-fight interview made me a Koscheck fan.

Yes, Diego was sick. Maybe he shouldn't have taken the fight.

My point is this: What did Diego do exactly to try and win that fight? You can't blame Koscheck for not doing anything and winning when it was both of them walking around for 15 minutes.

Koscheck had a man who was death warmed up in front of him and didn't attempt anything. How can you say that the blame is equal?

Did you not read? Diego did nothing. NOTHING, I tells ya, sickness be damned.

I can't remember if this is Diego's first post TUF contract fight but either way he got a pretty nice raise. $70k up from $20k for a victory.

Koscheck had a man who was death warmed up in front of him and didn't attempt anything. How can you say that the blame is equal?

Did you not read? Diego did nothing. NOTHING, I tells ya, sickness be damned.

Sickness be damned? You get staph and then try and put on an MMA contest amongst a top-flight guy like Koscheck and let me know. I understand what you're saying but my point is that Diego's excuse for doing nothing is self-evident. I've yet to hear why Koscheck sucked so bad in that fight, besides the fact that he realized he could get away with it which, at least to me, isn't an excuse.

Sickness be damned? You get staph and then try and put on an MMA contest amongst a top-flight guy like Koscheck and let me know. I understand what you're saying but my point is that Diego's excuse for doing nothing is self-evident. I've yet to hear why Koscheck sucked so bad in that fight, besides the fact that he realized he could get away with it which, at least to me, isn't an excuse.

That was sarcasm, my friend

If that. And I'd be remiss to point out that within 3 seconds of getting taken down by Koscheck Diego had swept him and taken his back so the "ground" aspect of that fight, minimal as it may be is fairly even. I'm not saying Diego would beat Fitch or Koscheck in a rematch but I think he'd put up a tougher fight, especially against Koscheck.

For the record, I thought Diego beat Fitch...

I re-watched the fight a while back and it was closer then I remember. I think overall Fitch's damage and control/wrestling won out over Diego's agression and sub attempts but it was tough to call overall as they both kinda cancel each other out, at least in my mind.

Of course there would be, all of the UFC-favored fans in terms of rules would bring up that Fitch took no damage, out-wrestled and effectively controlled Diego throughout the entire fight. Basically all Diego had going for him was agression and sub attempts which some people feel wasn't enough to win.