TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
edgehead69

Wrestlemania 24

If there must be some kind of McMahon match, make it a six-man with Shane/Vince/Regal vs. Hornswoggle/Finlay/Foley.

Shane and Mick can do the bumps, Regal and Finlay can stiff the shit out of each other, and you can close with some kind of comedy spot with Hornswoggle pinning Vince for the finish.

I'm assuming the card is what we think WWE will book instead of what we want. So here is what I think will go down:

John Cena v HHH

Undertaker v Edge

Randy Orton v Batista

Shawn Michaels v Ric Flair

Chris Jericho v JBL

Money in the Bank: Jeff Hardy v Rey Mysterio v Kennedy v Kane v Big Show v Shelton Benjamin

Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon v Finlay and Hornswoggle with Mick Foley as ref

Chavo Guerrero v CM Punk

Maria v Beth Phoenix

Matt Hardy v MVP

Miz and Morrison v Jesse and Festus

I made several fantasy cards by Summerslam on Wrestlemania 24. Such as Kennedy vs HHH and Edge vs Undertaker.

So I thought I could make this one

All of this is on the fly

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs Undertaker ©

WWE Championship: Triple H © vs Randy Orton vs Batista

ECW Championship: CM Punk © vs Shelton Benjamin

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Chris Jericho vs JBL

Mr. Kennedy vs Bobby Lashley

United States Championship: MVP © vs Matt Hardy

Women's Championship: Beth Phoenix © vs Candice Michelle

MITB Ladder Match: John Morrison, The Miz, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Carlito, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Elijah Burke

No DQ: Finlay vs Mr. McMahon

Ha! Well Some Stuff Stayed The Same sorta

Streak vs Streak, World Heavyweight Championship & Edge © vs Undertaker

WWE Championship: John Cena © vs Jeff Hardy

ECW Championship: Chavo Guerrero © vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk

Triple H vs JBL

Career Threatening Match: Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels

Randy Orton vs Batista

United States Championship: MVP vs Matt Hardy

Money In The Bank: John Morrison, Miz, Mr. Kennedy, Kane, Chris Jericho, Elijah Burke, Rey Mysterio, Umaga (Edit 2/2/2008)

Womens Championship: Beth Phoenix vs Candice Michelle

Finlay & Hornswoggle vs Vince & Shane

Batista vs Chuck Palumbo (set up by Batista making "friends" with Michelle and Chuck being the jealous exboyfriend)

JBL vs Chris Jericho in some stip match

Double Career Threatening Match - Ric Flair vs HBK (Vince gets pissed off that no one has retired Flair yet and order whoever loses to retire)

Finlay/Hornswaggle vs Vince/Shane

I think this years Money in the Bank Ladder Match gets a new stipulation - Money in the Bank TLC Match, seeing as though a standard ladder match is boring and they havent done a TLC match in ages.

Money in the Bank TLC Match - Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs Kane vs Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Kennedy vs Umaga

ECW Title Match: Chavo Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio

Womens Title Match: Beth Phoenix vs Candice Michelle (I hear shes close to returning)

US Title Match: MVP vs Matt Hardy

SD Tag Title Match 4 Way: The Miz/John Morrison vs Edgeheads vs Jesse/Festus vs Jimmy Yang/Shannon Moore

RAW Tag Titles: Bob Holly/Cody Rhodes vs Santino/Carlito

WWF Title Match: Randy Orton vs HHH w/ John Cena as special guest referee

World Heavyweight Title - Edge vs Undertaker

A couple of guys dont get matches (most notably Mark Henry, Kahli, BDV, Snitsky) but I think overall thats a good top to bottom card. 12 matches may be too many though...dump the RAW Tag Title match, keep the SD Tag 4 way for the dark match.

WWF WrestleMania 24 Live from the Orange Bowl

Main Event

WWE Championship Match 2 out of 3 Falls
Challenger John Cena vs. WWE Champion Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship Match Hell in a Cell
Challenger Undertaker vs. World Heavyweight Champion Edge

Intercontinental Championship Match
Challenger C.M. Punk vs. Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy

United States Title Match
Challenger Matt Hardy vs. U.S. Champion M.V.P

Retirement Match
Vince McMahon vs. "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Money In The Bank Match
Batista vs. Umaga vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Shawn Micheals vs. Triple H vs. Rey Mysterio

Last Man Standing Match
Chris Jericho vs. JBL

World Tag Team Title Match
Challengers Big Daddy V and Mark Henry vs. World Tag Team Champions The Miz and John Morrison

ok Edge/UT in a casket match. What do you think of the rest?

If they put a stipulation on Edge/Taker, I hope it's a Last Man Standing match.

Something like this?

WWE Championship Match

champion Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy

World Heavyweight Championship

champion Edge vs. The Undertaker

Retirement Match

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania Rematch

HHH vs. John Cena

Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy

United States Championship Match

champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Money in the Bank: 4

Rey Misterio vs. Umaga vs. Chris Jericho vs. John Bradshaw Layfield

vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. The Great Khali

ECW Championship: Extreme Rules

champion CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero

WWE Women's Championship Match

champion Beth Phoenix vs. Maria vs. Mickie James

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Finlay, Hornswoggle & Mick Foley vs. Mr. McMahon, Mark Henry & Big Daddy V

Even though this WON'T happen, what I would like to see is Matt wins the Money in the Bank, Edge retains, Matt Hardy vs. Edge for the World Title and Hardy wins at Summerslam. Just to finish off the feud that never really ended 3 years to the card where it all began.

Might as well add my own interpretation

Wrestle Mania XXIV

Orlando, Florida

WWE Title

John Cena © Vs Triple H

-They brought back John Cena for a reason and that was to headline WM24. HHH-Cena II is indeed the biggest probable match they can have with less then 2 months of build.

World Championship

Undertaker Vs Edge ©

-This entire thing had such potential but they blew it by going the traditional route and they’ll continue to do so leading to the event. I might even go as far to predict that Edge retains the title but loses via DQ. It wouldn’t be the first DQ win of Taker’s streak so you couldn’t honestly make a claim that the record is tainted by that result. The only circumstance in which I could actually see them doing that is if the MITB winner challenges Edge on the spot. If that were to happen, only one person is over enough to get that deal and we know who that is.

ECW Title

CM Punk © Vs Umaga

-I’d just have Punk win the title back from Chavo and in doing so, piss off Estrada. Estrada recruits his former discovery in Umaga to take out Punk for good. These two ought to click well, maybe make this a Extreme Rules match for good measure.

United States Title

MVP © Vs Matt Hardy

-A match that could have been a major epic match had Matt not gotten himself taken out for such a long period of time. Instead, the momentum is completely halted and unless they can revive it quickly, I’d suggest they push the title change to the next PPV.

Woman’s Title

Candice Michelle Vs Beth Phoenix ©

-Candice returns soon and she should target the one who took her out. Simple as that. I’d let the Playboy angle be used for a backstage skit with Maria and Santino instead of giving Maria a match. This shouldn't be more then 5 minutes. Beth either dominates in short fashion or Candice scores a flash pin.

Mr. McMahon and JBL w/William Regal Vs Hornswoggle and Finlay

-JBL will not be doing anything and he’s a perfect partner for McMahon in this match. Finlay/JBL should be a good enough brawl as well as JBL’s ability on the mic will breathe fresh air into this stale saga. Goofy sports entertainment match that these four would do well in.

Retirement Match

Ric Flair Vs Shawn Michaels

-Might as well put both careers on the line for dramatic effect. Shawn is the best guy who isn’t in the main event (HHH) or not in the company (Sting) for Ric Flair’s final match. This should be the match of the night and get the most time.

Money in the Bank

Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, Paul Burchill, Jericho, Kane, Chavo Guerrero, Shelton Benjamin and Kofi Kingston

-Jeff Hardy shouldn’t be reduced to yet another ladder match but I can’t see him anywhere else. Kennedy would be attempting to be the first back to back winner. Jericho shouldn’t have fallen down to this level again but he did. Burchill is a good brawler who can take spots and he’s getting a push. Kane is the required big man for this match. Chavo as a former champion earns a right in this match and he’s a good heel for it. Benjamin brings his acrobatic skills. Kingston is a random name thrown in for the sake of rounding it to eight and to even the heel/face balance. Before the injury, I would have placed Mysterio in this match but that shouldn’t be the case now. You could replace Kingston with Dreamer or Noble if you wanted. Jeff would be the clear winner but people might buy Jericho as a potential winner.

Battle of Evolution

Batista Vs Randy Orton

-These guys have a built in history. They are big enough names to warrant a spot on the card but shouldn’t be in the ladder match.

Big Show Vs Khali

-I’m not entirely convinced TBS is coming back anytime soon but if he does, I can’t see them passing on the “giant” battle with these two.

Tag Team Battle Royal

London/Kendrick, Redneck Wrecking Crew, Holly and Rhodes, Santino and Carlito, Rated Rmy, Miz and Morrison, Deuce and Domino, Jesse and Festus, Yang and Moore, Elijah Burke and Kenny Dykstra, Henry and BDV, Dreamer and Delaney

-This could be used as a filler/opener if they wanted, or a pre-show match which is more likely. Winner is irrelevant.

United States Title

MVP © Vs Matt Hardy

-A match that could have been a major epic match had Matt not gotten himself taken out for such a long period of time. Instead, the momentum is completely halted and unless they can revive it quickly, I’d suggest they push the title change to the next PPV.

There's no reason Matt shouldn't get the big win at WM. Considering this has been going since last summer, Matt needs to finally get redemption... that is, outside of winning a basketball or pizza-eating contest. Even if MVP wins by cheating, a loss for Matt would just be silly.

Other than that, I'd say that's about as good a card as we're going to get.

I think we're getting a HHH vs Orton vs Cena Title match. Probably get a screwy finish in the title match tonight, maybe have the title held up, and then have HHH win the EC, that way all three competitors would have claim to being in the title match.

However with UT vs Edge, I don't know what you would do with Batista.

I think we're getting a HHH vs Orton vs Cena Title match. Probably get a screwy finish in the title match tonight, maybe have the title held up, and then have HHH win the EC, that way all three competitors would have claim to being in the title match.

However with UT vs Edge, I don't know what you would do with Batista.

Under that circumstance, which would be a horrible way to go, you could just do Batista-Big Show. Not sure how that would be set up, though.

I actually hope Flair vs HBK ends the show. It's Ric Flair for fuck sakes. Have them wrestle a 30 minute classic (or however long Flair can go) and have both of them do the hug/handshake. Get Flair to do an emotional speech in the ring and have him place his robe and his boots in the ring (like that idea was apparently rejected). Have every wrestler come out of the dressing room and break fayfabe, lining up in the aisle and shaking Flair's hand as he walks off. Get Flair to look all around the stadium and give one last WOO and walk off.

I actually hope Flair vs HBK ends the show. It's Ric Flair for fuck sakes. Have them wrestle a 30 minute classic (or however long Flair can go) and have both of them do the hug/handshake. Get Flair to do an emotional speech in the ring and have him place his robe and his boots in the ring (like that idea was apparently rejected). Have every wrestler come out of the dressing room and break fayfabe, lining up in the aisle and shaking Flair's hand as he walks off. Get Flair to look all around the stadium and give one last WOO and walk off.

Flair isn't physically capable of a "classic."

I think HBK would be willing to bump and work his ass off to give Flair a good last match. It might not be a "classic" but I'm sure between the two of them they could do something worthy of a WM main event.

I'm not sure I'd be totally behind ending the show with it, but it could be possible to at least be something special.

I've never been that excited over the prospect of Flair retiring, simply because I don't believe he will. Don't get me wrong, he might maintain a low profile for a while and it won't be like Foley where he comes back 2 weeks later, but I can't seem him walking away entirely. He's still signed for a few years anyway.

I think this is it for him as a full time wrestler, but he's probably going to be like Foley or Hogan and brought back every other month or so as a 'special attraction' to the point he's wrestling midgets or coach on raw and no one gives a crap anymore.

Guest dustinbeaverton

Sorry to break the flow of the thread, but is anyone actually going to attend WM24? I'll be there, just thought I'd see who else is making the trek...

Batista vs Chuck Palumbo (set up by Batista making "friends" with Michelle and Chuck being the jealous exboyfriend)

Assuming they don't involve Batista in Show/Mayweather at all, watching Smackdown I thought of this as well.

The angle with Chuck and Noble is working, but I don't see them going with that as a Mania match somehow. It'd be simple enough to build. Noble out injured, Chuck looks like he's about to go after Michelle, Batista runs out for the save. It wouldn't exactly be a high profile match for Batista, but it'd be against someone the fans are reacting to and an opportunity for Palumbo who's not put a foot wrong since he came back.

Sorry to break the flow of the thread, but is anyone actually going to attend WM24? I'll be there, just thought I'd see who else is making the trek...

I'll be there for WrestleMania weekend, I have my ticket already and also a ticket for RAW the next night.

Guest Yoouu'rree Fiiirrreed!&#

Predicted Wrestlemania 24 card:

WWE Champion Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Champion Edge vs. The Undertaker

Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show

Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Big Daddy V vs. Kane vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz

Career Threatening Match: Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Finlay (w/Hornswoogle) vs. JBL (w/Mr. McMahon)

Batista vs. Umaga

United States Champion MVP and ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Matt Hardy and CM Punk (with both titles on the line)