TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vern Gagne

PTI

Guest Vern Gagne

I actually like this show. It isn't an ass kissing fest like most of stuff on ESPN.

Guest Hoyakillah

Wilbon isn't God, but KORNHEISER~! just might be.

Seriously, this show is so great.  It's a spinoff of the chats the two have been doing every week on Washingtonpost.com, and also stems from their long (friendship?) and work together at the Post and on DC TV.  In short, they're probably the best tandem of sports writers in the US, and damnit, they're just so damned funny...

Guest Brooding Genius

Wilbon continues to annoy me, but I'm weird.  I swear, he doesn't like anyone I'm a fan of.  Still, PTI is a great show.

If they put David Aldredge on there in Wilbon's place, it'd rule.

And Kornheiser's ESPNRadio show is one of the most hilarious things ever created.

"Andypolley!"

Guest phoenixrising

At first I thought the show would be crap, but I kept tuning in and really liked it.  I like the format where they show the topics they will talk about on a sidebar - it keeps the conversation focused.

I particuarly like the segments where they have some guys face on a card, and the other reads..."You are so and so and this is what happened..." and the other guy goes into a long spiel defending himself.  Hilarious.

Guest DrTom

I've watched PTI from the start, and I like the show.  It seems at times, Kornheiser and Wilbon are arguing just for the hell of it, but the dynamic of the show is interesting enough to keep me coming back.

"If they put David Aldredge on there in Wilbon's place, it'd rule."

I *loathe* David Aldridge.  His larynx could disintegrate tomorrow and I would consider it a boon for the sports viewing public.

Guest Brooding Genius

I only said David Aldredge because:

A) He's also from Washington

B) In my opinion, he's better than Wilbon

Frankly, I'd just like to have Tony and some random guest daily.

Kornheiser rules.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic

Everybody hatin' on my man Wilbon.  Tsk tsk.

If they put David Aldredge on there in Wilbon's place, it'd rule.

Actually, I did see an episode before New Year's with David Aldridge on it.  I think DA's New Year's resolution was to make sure that stalking of Halle Berry works for him, and Kornheiser's resolution was to be black by the end of 2002 so he wouldn't have to be the token white guy on the show anymore.  Classic.  The show overall wasn't as good as when Wilbon was on, though, because they had to stick to basketball pretty much.

Guest ratboy

I'm all about this show all of a sudden. Great format, great hosts, IMO. Kornheiser and Wilbon have a certain chemistry together, and I'd probably watch less if it were a different combo--much like this week, with rotating commentators.

Guest Vern Gagne

Don't have either guy do the show solo. What makes the show entertaining is the quick 2 minute discussions on numerous topics.

Guest Army Eye

I watch this show every day I can.  It rules.  Love the format and the sidebar. The quality of the show really drops off when there is a guest host, except for Aldridge, he can hold his own since he's an experienced TV guy anyway.  But the chemistry that Kornheiser and Wilbon have is what really makes the show a winner.

Guest hardyz1

It's one of my favorite shows on TV.  Definitely the best sports show on TV.  Have you guys seen "The Best Damn Sports Show Period"?  Utterly awful.

Guest Army Eye

Yeah. It's amazing that show is like what, 2 hours long?  I've tried to watch it a few times but could only stomach about 10-15 minutes

Guest Shaved Bear

i think pti should be called the best damn sport show... and te best damn sport show can be renamed recycled pile of crap

Guest Vern Gagne

A show with a pc wimp, and a totally unfunny, untalentless slug who would of guessed this show would suck.

Guest Choken One

I love this show, it's a very good idea and I like it regardless of whose on the show.

Guest Vern Gagne

Anyone watch tonight's show. It really irked me when Wilbon wanted to talk about the Men's Hockey, but Kornheiser and Norman Chad wanted to talk about the Figure Skating again. They also said no one cares about Hockey.

Come again...Kornholer guess what, your show is on ESPN your audience isn't going to be people interested in Figure Skating.

Guest Choken One

Actully, Hockey isn't that much of a Hot Sell and the Figure Staking story is somewhat compelling...Although I've gotten sick of it by now.