TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 20th)

ONGOING TNA IMPACT SPOILERS

by Alex Hernandez

- Xplosion: Petey Williams defeated Sonay Dutt.

- Judas Mesias defeated Senshi, I believe for Impact, but it may be for Xplosion.

- Elix Skipper defeated Samoa Joe when Joe was disqualified for refusing to stop his attack on Elix. Joe then tried to cut a promo but they cut his mic off.

- Awesome Kong won a Knockout Christmas Street Fight. The match included all of the Knockouts.

- The Motor City Machine Guns & Jay Lethal defeated Team 3D & Johnny Devine in a pole match. There were two poles, one with a future Tables match and the other was a future Ultimate X match. The Motor City Machine Guns won, and got an Ultimate X match.

- Rellik defeated Black Reign, Abyss and Shark Boy in a Hardcore match.

- All of the matches tonight have a Christmas theme to them.

- Kaz defeated AJ Styles in a Ladder match. The loser had to wear a reindeer suit.

- LAX, Scott Steiner & Booker T defeated Lance Hoyt, Jimmy Rave, James Storm & Robert Roode in a Six Sides Of Steel cage match

I've enjoyed TNA, but seriously a pole match, Ladder match and cage match in the same show, that sounds really weird, I'm starting to think Senshi leaving TNA is a load of crap

I think even the Christmas theme alone, complete with "Reindeer Suit" match would be enough for one show, let alone a bunch of gimmick matches.

Why his Shark Boy in a hardcore match?

Where are Christian, Nash, Angle, and Tomko?

I'm going to watch the show, as it has its own silly appeal, but man a lot of things are just plain backward on that show.

I'll wait and watch the show before I judge it, but I'm not complaining about the match types, they all might be good matches to watch.

Whoa, thats a whole lot of gimmicks right there.

WhySenshi is still there? Why opt for your release only to show up at the next two tapings?

- Rellik defeated Black Reign, Abyss and Shark Boy in a Hardcore match

:huh: I mean, I'm a Shark Boy mark, but still... :huh:

What a very odd lineup of thrown together matches here. Overall, the booking just baffles me. This sounds like some weird TNA parody show, or some e-fed card lineup. Styles/Kaz should be fun though (retarded stip though, we already saw Styles as a turkey, lets not get repetitive here), but the cage match teams make little sense. Why in the hell is a match that is thrown together like that meant to be put in a main event slot and with a cage gimmick? Ugh, the booking of this show here gives me a headache. ALOT of missing names here on the show, and I'm not feeling them play to that Joe "shoot" from the ppv. Not unless they want to actually do Nash/Joe. Otherwise, nobody is going to give two shits about it.

And we still have little to no idea of what is going down at the next ppv, which, when this will be aired, I believe is about two weeks and a few days away. So we get Ultimate X again, this time with MCM v. 3D? The gimmick matches rehashed over and over for no good reason is getting old.

TNA doesnt grasp the idea of compelling storylines at this point whatsoever. The most heated feud is based off a belt being taken hostage for fucks sake. Seriously, just about everything except the Knockouts division in this company is the drizzling shits right now. Various workers and supposed "stars" are floundering left and right here.

Not shocking in the least to hear nothing for follow up with the title shots for the case winners, and/or where they are going with Chris Daniels. I would assume we get backstage segments with Christian, Angle, etc.

Whats going on with AJ Styles? He's a former 3 or 4-time TNA World Champion, and hasn't won a match in ages it seems, aside from the occasional tag match with Tomko. The Dudley's in an Ultimate X match should be fairly..........entertaining.

I'm going to wait until I see the show. I know that they are doing 3 weeks worth of tapings in 2 nights so they might re-edit some of the segments to make more sense then they do at the moment.

geniusMoment: We are Not Amused

Where do I know that gal that walked in and asked for a bar? Did she work OVW a while back?

Yeah, that was ODB. She was part of OVW for a while, until TNA signed her. The more I watch her, the more I'm surprised WWE didn't offer her a developmental deal.

Do I see the Bushwackers at Eric Young's party?

Also, I haven't caught Impact in a long time, but when did Brother Ray put on all the weight? He was always a bit on the chubby side, but holy shit.

That was an absolutely awful decision on my part to make this the first 2 hour Impact I tried to watch. Damn WGA Strike. I could barely make it through and fell asleep.

Meltzer's "news headline" on WO.com was pretty damned funny.

Where do I know that gal that walked in and asked for a bar? Did she work OVW a while back?

Yeah, that was ODB. She was part of OVW for a while, until TNA signed her. The more I watch her, the more I'm surprised WWE didn't offer her a developmental deal.

Now I never say things like this but ODB is creepy lookin....one of my female friends likes wrestling and insists that's a man with tits.

Now I never say things like this but ODB is creepy lookin....one of my female friends likes wrestling and insists that's a man with tits.

I could've done without that goofy dance she did on top of the toy box. Lame.

--Regarding last night's show, I thought some of it was funny , but doing the broken glass and thumb tack spots on a comedy show and the bumps A.J. Styles and Abyss in a context when such things couldn't get over made me feel bad for the talent. Plus, it's getting real old to see TNA produce these shows that do nothing to make TV viewers become customers and make nobody a superstar. I lived through this mentality in 1999 and 2000, and to see people embrace the philosophy that killed WCW is mind-blowing. It's the equivalent of somebody deciding to start a new football league, and instead of learning from what has and hasn't worked that the NFL has done over the years, just copying everything the XFL did and obliviously whistling dixie when ticket sales are poor to your events and 98% of your viewers don't buy your PPVs.

Guest King-Piccolo
I remember when broken glass and thumbtacks would mean something. I seem to hear about matches in TNA involving things like this on a bi-weekly basis.

Well you know TNA they love to over do things and I honestly don't see how chucking someone onto Glass and Thumbtacks almost every week will increase your Buyrates.