TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers (airs December 20th)

Where do I know that gal that walked in and asked for a bar? Did she work OVW a while back?

Yeah, that was ODB. She was part of OVW for a while, until TNA signed her. The more I watch her, the more I'm surprised WWE didn't offer her a developmental deal.

Now I never say things like this but ODB is creepy lookin....one of my female friends likes wrestling and insists that's a man with tits.

She is really a woman, trust me. It's just that, after years of heavily Saying Prayers And Taking Vitamins, that's what it makes a woman look and sound like. The aforementioned tits are implanted, too. Check out the casting special for the original Tough Enough to see what she used to look like.

I just ran across this picture:

tna_honey.jpg

Heh.

Guest King-Piccolo
I just ran across this picture:

tna_honey.jpg

Heh.

lol they were already like 20,000 before I wonder what they are now.

I'm forced to stay in due to a hurt back. I'm in horrible pain, but it's nothing compared to the pain of watching this impact thus far. First impact I've seen in months and it's awful. Is this only because it's a "Christmas" impact? Every segment has christmas stuff.

To be honest I watched this tonight on DVR and it was amusing enough. It's just their silly Christmas themed show, hardly worth all the vitriol it has gotten online. WWE has done plenty of these shows in the past and didn't include a good ladder match for the main event.

I kinda agree with Meltzer's take (a big headline on the top of his website which screamed "THAT SHOW WAS WRETCHED").

-I caught a few of the Christmas party segments, and man did they blow. Every time someone walked in, everyone yelled at once, you couldn't hear what the hell anyone was saying.

-Why is it that a wrestling show which includes thumbtack bumps and close-up shots of women's asses seem to somehow believe that their audience thinks Santa Claus is real? Kinda seems that way, with all the faces being excited about Santa and only the heels saying he doesn't exist.

-For that matter, what is with wrestling's seemingly obsessive need to portray most of its performers as either being psychotic, retarded, or both? I know it's just a comedy gimmick, but does anyone think that a man Eric Young's age would really still believe in Santa?

-re: the women's nine-way crappy hardcore match. I'm an active fan of the "Knockouts division" (horrible name, almost as bad as Divas) and I love more than half the wrestlers in this match, and it was still garbage. Too short, too many random toys and pieces of junk covering the ring where nobody could even safely take a bump, too many people in the ring at the same time. At least there was one positive thing, how it kept building the Kim/Kong feud pretty nicely. Also, Christy clutching at the stuffed animal and screaming as Kong grabbed her was kinda cute, she perfectly got across the "why does this keep happening to me?!" recurring nightmare her character was feeling.

It pisses me off what they're doing to Styles. There's no reason why he should be wearing stupid shit and getting pushed around by Earl Hebner. Fuck Earl Hebner.

I've said it before but Styles needs to go to WWE, even if it's to just fuck around with Jamie Noble and get turned down by chicks. If he's going to be buried constantly he might as well make some $$ doing it.

Anyway, is TNA really worth hating on this much? It's kind of like making fun of a retarded kid that just shit his pants.

-re: the women's nine-way crappy hardcore match. I'm an active fan of the "Knockouts division" (horrible name, almost as bad as Divas) and I love more than half the wrestlers in this match, and it was still garbage. Too short, too many random toys and pieces of junk covering the ring where nobody could even safely take a bump, too many people in the ring at the same time. At least there was one positive thing, how it kept building the Kim/Kong feud pretty nicely. Also, Christy clutching at the stuffed animal and screaming as Kong grabbed her was kinda cute, she perfectly got across the "why does this keep happening to me?!" recurring nightmare her character was feeling.

Co-sign, especially the part about Hemme; it's an amusing sub-text/running gag to the Women's division, and it reminds me a little of when Trish Stratus and Victoria were feuding, and Victoria left Trish laying in the ring, only for Jazz to make an unexpected return, seemingly for the sole purpose of beating the shit out of Trish... it seems like, every time Kong and Hemme are in the ring together, Hemme's getting stretchered out; if I were her, I'd scream, too... :lol:

And I love the way that Kong is over with the TNA crowd; as a women's wrestling mark, I think it's great to see a woman get over with a North American crowd for reasons that have nothing at all to do with looks. And I think they've done a good job of advancing the Kim/Kong feud... Now, if they'll just let Kong go over with the Awesome Press...

Guest King-Piccolo

it pisses me off with what they are doing with there TV Time, a lot of the TV Time should be spent building to something for the PPV and 1 or 2 extra none building up matches, not AJ Styles being embarrassed like he's a little kid and told to go back to the dressing room and say he is not a reindeer one thousand odd times because

yeh because honestly with that AJ Styles skit I'd buy a PPV for that[/sarcasm]

In regards to AJ, is he voluntarily doing all these jobs? For fucks sake, the guy was TNA WORLD CHAMPION about 3 or 4 times, and he hasn't won a match in ages. Did he get on Russo's bad side? First I thought maybe they're using his star power to put over some of the other wrestlers since it was TNA that took him from nobody indy wrestler to multi-time World Champion, but you can only job the guy so much until the rub of beating him no-longer does any good. He's almost becoming TNA's own version of Val Venis, meaning he's a former multi-champion (I'm well aware Val Venis was never a world champion in WWF/E), and remains over with the crowds, but rarely wins.

In regards to AJ, is he voluntarily doing all these jobs? For fucks sake, the guy was TNA WORLD CHAMPION about 3 or 4 times, and he hasn't won a match in ages. Did he get on Russo's bad side? First I thought maybe they're using his star power to put over some of the other wrestlers since it was TNA that took him from nobody indy wrestler to multi-time World Champion, but you can only job the guy so much until the rub of beating him no-longer does any good. He's almost becoming TNA's own version of Val Venis, meaning he's a former multi-champion (I'm well aware Val Venis was never a world champion in WWF/E), and remains over with the crowds, but rarely wins.

He won a three way against Christian Cage and Jay Lethal a few weeks ago. I know it was a fluke win but it's a win none the less.

And I know AJ was a champion and is probably the best overall wrestler in TNA blah blah blah, but I haven't enjoyed AJ as much as I have in this gimmick since I started watching TNA. The whole "I embody the spirit of the X Division" gimmick was much worse than this.

I know how you feel, I was wondering the exact same thing while reading this. AJ and Tomko are the champs, right? ...or did the lose the belts? ...and if so, to whom? ...what happened to that feud they had going with the Steiners, anyway?

I know how you feel, I was wondering the exact same thing while reading this. AJ and Tomko are the champs, right? ...or did the lose the belts? ...and if so, to whom? ...what happened to that feud they had going with the Steiners, anyway?

On the same note, where's Rick?

Actually Styles has never been TNA world champion. He was the NWA champion a few times. Maybe it's a deal where TNA is distancing themselves from the guys who held that particular belt? Or maybe Russo is just insane and thinks he is using Styles correctly.

Damn, I forgot about the "Spirit of the X-Division" thing. Remember when Joe was getting his monster heel push, and roughed-up Christopher Daniels, leading to AJ going off about how Joe was "breaking the X-Division's code of honor"? Ugh........