TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Severe ass kickings in the NFL this week.

Guest Vitamin X
Back to this discounting Seattle.

Would you want YOUR favorite team to play them in the playoffs?

05PACK01-lg.jpg

Yup!

I'd honestly be more scared to see THE JUGGERNAUT THAT IS THE TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS come to Lambeau. Or Minny, like snuffy said.

But I'm fairly sure we'd rip Seattle or New York a new one.

Sometimes I wish we still had Jon Kitna.

One thing Seattle can do well is spread the pass around. Branch/Burelson/Engram/Hackett/Jackson and Mike Pollard on TE, good luck trying to cover Seattle's passing game.

Considering the way the Packers crushed Minnesota in their last visit to Lambeau, I'm not sure how confident I'd be in a January rematch, much as I would love to see the Vikings build a playoff streak against them

Ok. I'm about to say something that will come back to make me look REAL stupid in a few weeks (if not immediately):

The Pack will beat the Vikes in the playoffs.

in the NFC championship.

after the Vikings beat Dallas in the second round.

That's my STUPIDLY BOLD PREDICTION of the week.

Ok. I'm about to say something that will come back to make me look REAL stupid in a few weeks (if not immediately):

The Pack will beat the Vikes in the playoffs.

in the NFC championship.

after the Vikings beat Dallas in the second round.

That's my STUPIDLY BOLD PREDICTION of the week.

Haha.

Minnesota gave Dallas a scare a while back and they have improved a lot since that game, so I could see the Vikings beating the Cowboys in the playoffs. All it takes is Romo blowing it again.

I am going to the Packers/Rams game on Sunday in STL, it will be the first NFL game I've ever been to. The first game I'll see in person and it will be Favre, baby!

Yea, I question Wade Phillips coaching abilities in the playoffs. This is a guy that chose Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie to go against the Titans in the playoffs and went down in Nashville. Granted, it took the Music City Miracle to do it but I thought Flutie could've greatly helped in that game.

Furthermore, if Dallas loses to Minnesota, Seattle, or any other team in the playoffs in their first game then it will label Tony Romo as a choker by the media. Mark my words.

Although, to be fair to Wade Phillips (oh dear god do I hate having just said that), stories have come down that say that Johnson over Flutie was more Ralph Wilson forcing it on Phillips than Wade actually wanting to do it himself.

But there's no excuse for the half-dead, retarded stare he gives every time something goes wrong.

You mean confused like this:

l_555163358acbe1a8ba8e50c9e1599f83.jpg

I know its not Wade Phillips, but seeing this reaction on national television earlier this year during a Redskins game from Joe Bugel made me fall out of my chair laughing. My friends and I still joke about it from time to time. I couldn't help myself.

Well I can't even stand Wade Phillips acting like he just got his favorite gift for Christmas everytime the Cowboys score a touchdown. I can't find a good image to represent what I mean but everytime he does it he just looks like a fat, glorified high school football coach to me. It just screams busch league.

I don't really think Wade Phillips himself will cost the Cowboys in the playoffs. Having seen that Buffalo game (and the Lions game also to some degree) I know the Cowboys are capable of turning in a clunker performance. In particular Romo...he might have another 5 INT performance in him.

From what I've seen this year the two most consistent teams are the Colts and Packers. Neither will have home field most likely, but I haven't really seen either team have some miracle crap to sneak out with a win like the Cowboys and Patriots.

From what I've seen this year the two most consistent teams are the Colts and Packers. Neither will have home field most likely, but I haven't really seen either team have some miracle crap to sneak out with a win like the Cowboys and Patriots.

Well, what do you mean by "miracle crap"? The Colts pulled the SD game out of their ass even with Manning's multiple INTs and Green Bay needed a bomb in OT to beat Denver.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot that Indy lost that game. Still, every team has had off games this year. The playoffs will still be a dogfight since no team is completely unstoppable (yes, even the Pats). This postseason might be one of the best in a long time.

Edited by KingPK

You mean America's Team Born-Again.

Really a lot of the hate comes from ESPN just falling over themselves when anything is happening with Dallas, NE, or Favre. And of course, now the Seahawk "dangerous" crap is starting to show up on ESPN as well. I'm glad we are getting somewhat noticed but it's always a "oh shit... there IS a team up in the NW."

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, the Vikings are so hot right now.

You know who else is hot? That's right..

norv_jax1.jpg

THE COACH.

Can't we all just agree that ESPN is an oft-erroneous hype machine with zero credibility and move on? Why get upset about what they say or do? Fuck em, I say, fuck em.

Washington never seems to play well in NY, regardless of who they are playing(See game against the Jets earlier this season). The Giants pretty much have the #5 seed locked up, and Washington is in a fight with about five other teams for the final spot. Maybe Super-backup Todd Collins can get this team a couple of wins while Jason Campbell gets healthy!?!

Who knows? It's win-and-they're-in for the G-Men, but I'm not expecting any of their remaining games to be cakewalks.

Which brings us to an interesting point of debate: if you're the Giants and you have a playoff spot wrapped up going into week 16, and the Pats are 15-0, do you:

a) Rest up your starters, since you're going to lose anyhow, nothing's on the line (save pride), and you don't have a week off before the Wildcard?

or b) Dude, they're about to go 16-0. You have to play your starters and at least TRY and stop it from happening, even if it's unlikely. C'mon, don't wuss out in front of the home crowd. A loss will be demoralizing heading into the playoffs--even if the outcome may be inevitable.

The choice may also depend on if the Pats plan to give their starting squad two weeks off, as well.

Surprising consensus on the NYG message board: Rest 'em.

The choice may also depend on if the Pats plan to give their starting squad two weeks off, as well.

You don't think Belichick's ego would allow him to rest his guys, do you? If the Patriots are 15-0, ignore the "It's just one game, the real goal is the Super Bowl" rhetoric. That is the goal, but 16-0 is history. They'll go all out.

So, anyone actually watching this Bengals/49ers tilt on NFL Net?

Cons: Gumbel back in the booth, Constantine from American Idol butchering the anthem, a shitty team facing a mediocre team.

Pros: ....

Going to have to give me a minute here....

Atleast the Niners are playing somewhat well on offense.

It's always funny about the Seahawks. About this time each year, there's this realization that there's a decent, dare I say good team in the NFC West, and then it's all "OMG A NEW THREAT~!".

I don't think the Seahawk's have a shot this year though, which is odd to say as I'm a fan. But I'm also a realist. If the Seahawks SOMEHOW got by either Green Bay or Dallas in the NFC Championship, they'd still have to get by either the Colts or the Patriots at the Superbowl. That's one helluva task to ask a team to do. I think the Seahawks could play spoiler for either Green Bay or Dallas, but to then take out the Patriots? That seems almost impossible.

There's also the fact that if a team figured out how to shut down the Seahawk's passing game right now, they'd be pretty screwed. We've only won the last five games because we've changed the gameplan to let Hasselbeck throw the ball way more. If we're forced to rely on the running game again, it won't be overly pretty. The formula's only working because team's get worried about the pass so we can run the ball a little and our defense is playing super hard right now.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

No games should be on the NFL Network. You're either depriving 70% of your audience of a great game, or you're asking them to pay for a shit game. The whole thing is just stupid.