TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

Severe ass kickings in the NFL this week.

I think McNabb is Andy Reid's dealer; that's the only reason Reid would insist on McNabb being the starter year after year, despite always being out-performed by the 2nd stringers.

They were turning into a dangerous team with that other kid taking the snaps. As a Giants fan, I breathed a sigh of relief when Reid announced McNabb's return to the lineup the week before that game.

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
I'm not sure, but from watching what little I caught of the Philly/Dallas game yesterday, McNabb doesn't look anywhere near as good as he used to be. I saw him go back to throwing to his old favorite receiver, Astro Turf, an awful lot yesterday. Honestly, I have NO idea what it is that causes him to throw the ball so damn low all the time. His accuracy looks way off, and he can't make as many plays with his feet as he used to, which is part of what made him dangerous in the first place.

Yep. He always throws the ball into the ground. Around here, when they admit that it's true, they just say that he does it intentionally and that's why he has so few interceptions from year to year.

I think he's better than Rex Grossman.

I'm not sure, but from watching what little I caught of the Philly/Dallas game yesterday, McNabb doesn't look anywhere near as good as he used to be. I saw him go back to throwing to his old favorite receiver, Astro Turf, an awful lot yesterday. Honestly, I have NO idea what it is that causes him to throw the ball so damn low all the time. His accuracy looks way off, and he can't make as many plays with his feet as he used to, which is part of what made him dangerous in the first place.

To an extent he has always been that way with the gopher balls. The differences I am seeing this year are:

- he is holding the ball longer than ever, probably because he can't just compensate with the run

- he has almost completely abandoned the deep ball, which he is solid at throwing. And turning it into the absurd checkdown on 2 out of 3 pass play routine

- he is worse than ever when it comes to the WRs having to have 10 yards around them before he'll throw it to him.

That last one is the big problem, IMO. That is what I was saying when Feeley was in. The same seperation that Feeley would throw into (to a fault sometimes, certainly) is not near enough for Donovan to chance. It is why I have a hard time getting on the receivers this season (except Brown, he has stunk). Everyone keeps sayings "the receivers aren't getting open", but they may be getting open enough for a QB with solid mid range accuracy. That is why he never throws picks. It isn't the gopher killers, but the fact he won't throw within 10 yards of a defender.

He always got by because of his athletic ability. But now that he doesn't have that he is showing he is not really a fit for a west coast, timing throw style offense.

I also find the articles that are attempting to suck him off for a great to good game on Sunday ridiculous. They won in spite of the offense, not due to anything he did.

Guest Vitamin X

I don't know if I'd go that far. That's kind of like me saying that Dallas beat Green Bay because Charles Woodson's toe hurt. I understand that injury had a fair bit to do with the outcome, but individual players don't win games, teams do. Give Philly their credit for winning a hard-fought game. In either case, their in-game coaching seemed to outdo Dallas' by far; with Romo's thumb hurt, not sure why they didn't just throw in Brad Johnson and just cram it down Philly's throat with the run.

Philly's defense has been fairly underrated all season, from the season opener in Green Bay to the almost-win in New England, and now forcing three turnovers and allowing 6 points at Dallas. Come to think of it, these games were all on the road too.

You know what just hit me. Atlantas defense gave up 10 points (basically) sunday and the team lost 37 to 3.

I don't think I can remember a offense giving up more points. That Ravens/steeler game came close, but at least the steelers did drive some in that game for their scores.

You know what just hit me. Atlantas defense gave up 10 points (basically) sunday and the team lost 37 to 3.

I don't think I can remember a offense giving up more points. That Ravens/steeler game came close, but at least the steelers did drive some in that game for their scores.

Eli Manning says hi.

In either case, their in-game coaching seemed to outdo Dallas' by far; with Romo's thumb hurt, not sure why they didn't just throw in Brad Johnson and just cram it down Philly's throat with the run.

There's a lot of Cowboy fans (including me) wondering about both of these things. Not running the ball is probably due to Jason Garrett not wanting to run the ball until the 4th quarter (with the lead). As for the QB question: Johnson warmed up at least twice. When it's obvious Romo wasn't on his game in the third quarter, they should have run Johnson out there, particularly when they were only down 10-6 and still had a very good shot to win. It wasn't as if Philly's offense was doing anything great.

When did Tony Romo start playing defense?

The defense wasn't the problem for Dallas Sunday. They definitely played well enough to win the game.

Wasn't one or two of his picks thrown before his injury anyway?

No one seems to be sure exactly when he got hurt. Hell, Wade Phillips said in his post-game conference that he wasn't even aware of an injury until way late in the game. But that thumb was affecting Romo's throws all game. I think he threw five balls that could be classified as "good" all day. Two of the picks were terrible decisions but the last one happened because T.O. slipped and fell down while making his cut. It wasn't an accurate throw either, but if Owens hadn't fallen, I don't think Dawkins would have picked it.

So, uh, you know, either way it's a tough loss. I have no idea why I was so confident going in. Dallas-Philly games are almost always very tough, physical games.

Eli Manning says hi.

27 points though?

I know Eli has had some bad games but 27 fucking points

Stop making excuses for Romo. If he is as great as Dallas and the media thinks he is, he would've found a way to win that game, right?

Maybe his thumb hurt last season when he muffed the field goal attempt.

I can make excuses for McNabb because of his knee injury, but I don't.

Eli Manning says hi.

27 points though?

I know Eli has had some bad games but 27 fucking points

I know he threw 3 INT's that were returned for TD's. I think he threw 4 INT's that game.