TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boon

The Mitchell Report

My friends and I have been arguing that Clemens has been on the juice for a while so it's interesting to see that this report may confirm that.

Hopefully with the number of pitchers on here this may shift some of the media's focus away from hitters. It's funny that although a lot of substance abuse violators since the policy was enacted have been pitchers the media has for the most part focused on steroids performance for home runs.

Bad day for baseball, though, with many top stars that you have marketed being named.

Part of me is thinking that if Bud Selig had any dignity and any respect for baseball that he'd resign after today's report. But who am I kidding. He'll just look into the camera like a zombie and say that major league baseball will do everything it can in the future to root out these cheaters and do something about its steroid problem.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Bud Selig has to say about all this.

"I'm not here to talk about the past. I'm here to be positive about this subject."

Kerry Wood. Mark Prior.

KERRY WOOD. MARK PRIOR.

KERRY FUCKING WOOD AND MARK FUCKING PRIOR!!!!!!?????????

What the fuck? Jesus, Bonds/Clemens/Canseco et al take roids and break records. Wood and Prior break Cubs fans hearts. Christ, even when we cheat we lose.

Plenty of former Mets, but no current Mets. That's all I care about.

Can't say I'm too surprised by Lo Duca's involvement.

This report doesn't make Bonds look worse, it makes him look like the 79 other users on the list that took roids and other drugs to play better. If anything with the number of pitchers on this list. I am more to believe that more pitchers need to face the media venom than the big three home run kings.

FYI, the list on the first page is INCORRECT. Here is the list. No Pujols. No Prior. No Wood.

Below, a complete list of players mentioned in the Mitchell Report.

All the players listed in the section 3B: "Information Regarding Purchases or Use of Performance Enhancing Substances by Players in Major League Baseball" (section 3 is "Radomski¹s Distribution of Performance Enhancing Substances to Major League Baseball Players")

Lenny Dykstra

David Segui

Larry Bigbie

Brian Roberts

Jack Cust

Tim Laker

Josias Manzanillo

Todd Hundley

Mark Carreon

Hal Morris

Matt Franco

Rondell White

Roger Clemens

Andy Pettitte

Chuck Knoblauch

Jason Grimsley

Gregg Zaun

David Justice

F.P. Santangelo

Glenallen Hill

Mo Vaughn

Denny Neagle

Ron Villone

Ryan Franklin

Chris Donnels

Todd Williams

Phil Hiatt

Todd Pratt

Kevin Young

Mike Lansing

Cody McKay

Kent Mercker

Adam Piatt

Miguel Tejada

Jason Christiansen

Mike Stanton

Stephen Randolph

Jerry Hairston

Paul Lo Duca

Adam Riggs

Bart Miadich

Fernando Vina

Kevin Brown

Eric Gagne

Mike Bell

Matt Herges

Gary Bennett, Jr.

Jim Parque

Brendan Donnelly

Chad Allen

Jeff Williams

Howie Clark

Nook Logan

Section IX. B."Alleged Internet Purchases of Performance Enhancing Substances By Players in Major League Baseball"

Rick Ankiel, Paul Byrd, Jay Gibbons, Troy Glaus, Jose Guillen, Jerry Hairston, Jr., Gary Matthews, Jr., and Scott Schoeneweis, and former players David Bell, Jose Canseco, Jason Grimsley, Darren Holmes, John Rocker, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams, and Steve Woodard."

I just skimmed most of it, but I found this part very interesting.

Steroids aren’t being used anymore on him. Big part of this.

Might have some value to trade . . . Florida might have interest.

. . . Got off the steroids . . . Took away a lot of hard line drives.

. . . Can get comparable value back would consider trading. . . . If

you do trade him, will get back on the stuff and try to show you he can have a good year. That’s his makeup. Comes to play. Last

year of contract, playing for 05

A Dodgers internal memo. They knew he was off the roids he was previously on and then pawned him off on the Marlins, who then, in turn probably knew he would go back on the roids, which he did. Niiiice.

Interesting to note that Mark McGwire's name is not on the list and the only real focus on him in the report was his legal (at the time) usage of andro so this could help his HOF chances. Of course Rafael Palmeiro's name isn't on it as well so maybe not.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Who didn't know that Fat Rodge and his heterosexual life partner were juiced to fuck. How fucking obvious was it when one guy would miss months at a time to clean up for tests, and the other would have various muscles tear and rupture if you looked at him funny?

Guest RyechnaiaSobaka
Colin Cowherd saw the list and while he didn't name any names he did say that a "midwestern slugger that will upset a lot of people"

I would have guessed Thome based on this, actually.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise
Matt Karchner pitched for two teams in Major League Baseball between 1995 and 2000, the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago White Sox. Members of my investigative staff contacted him as part of our effort to interview former major league players.

Karchner said that during spring training in 1999, he observed two of his Chicago Cubs teammates inject themselves with steroids in an apartment that Karchner was sharing with them. Karchner declined to identify the players. He said that one of the players brought the steroids to the apartment but was afraid of needles and therefore asked the second player to administer the shot. The second player injected the first player with steroids in the buttocks and then injected himself.

Later that season, Karchner was offered steroids by certain of his Cubs teammates. Karchner would not disclose the names of players who offered him steroids, but he said that the conversations he had with them involved the general cost of steroids and discussions of “stacking” to build lean muscle necessary for pitchers. Karchner did not report either of these incidents to anyone at the time.

Sammy, I'm sure.