TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

Posting/Boarding/Internetting at the Library.

There's this kid next to me who wants his friends to check out the Dora the Explorer CD-ROM that only he can hear or interact with and they're totally not having it even though he's enthusiatically grabbing chairs for them to gather 'round the old monitor.

None of these kids know what a VCR is or what the 90s were like. I'm going to walk home, in the lane with oncoming traffic.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

My worst experience was some guy looking at pictures of Lita. I wanted to say "you're the only person in this room who isn't using the computer for important matters, so would you mind getting up?", but you know I can't do that.

None of these kids know what a VCR is or what the 90s were like.

I bet those little fuckers can't name any Beatles songs either!

My worst experience was some guy looking at pictures of Lita. I wanted to say "you're the only person in this room who isn't using the computer for important matters, so would you mind getting up?", but you know I can't do that.

Well, apart from you.

I was at a library, and I needed to print something. Other people were working, this guy was looking at pictures of a WWF personality. It's in poor taste to look at that stuff in public libraries, anyway.

Then, if someone really needs to use a computer and he's the only one who doesn't really need to be using one, ask him to use the computer. It's common etiquette, he's not going to ask every person that comes around if they need to use his computer.

Then, if someone really needs to use a computer and he's the only one who doesn't really need to be using one, ask him to use the computer. It's common etiquette, he's not going to ask every person that comes around if they need to use his computer.

The last few days I've been noticing your posts, and.. I don't like you.

Yes, I already know half the board doesn't like me, nobody needs to point it out.

Well, in this thread it seems like you missed the purpose of My Pal, the Tortoise's story by saying "Who cares if they're not using it for work". Once he explained it again that they were the only one's not using it for a good purpose, you said "Well then kick them off", this time missing his point as to why he didn't kick them off.

In the poster above you thread, you said I don't know how to spell twizted after it already had been said. Followed by somebody else saying it, but it was funny when they did it.

I've noticed a few times in the WWE folder you've said some things that didn't sit right with me, though I can't remember the examples.

I have sigs and avatars turned off, so I don't usually even notice who's posting unless they say something I like, or say something I don't like, at which point I look to see who it was. Or, if they're directly talking to me.

I've noticed your name enough times from posts that have bothered me, to know who you are.

Don't take offense, I think you just don't clash with my personality.

heh, well at least you give me a clear and concise response, unlike many other posters would. I can respect that.

And in the poster above you thread, I didn't even see the first post about your name, so that's my fault. Had I gone through each page, I would have made up something cooler, and no doubt funnier.

And I firmly believe that you let other people on computers in a public library be, because 90% of the people out in the world are assholes. If it was me, I would have done the same thing he did, which was nothing. I also would have shared his sentiments in being annoyed they are not using the computer for a justifiable purpose. But I'm so used to people being assholes, it didn't bother me as much as it did him.

What's worse, looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer, or posting about a guy looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer

Better yet, what about posting about the guy looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer while on another library computer

Couple of months ago, I dropped the names Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, SoundGarden, and Nirvana on some 16 year old at my job. They had no clue what I was talking about. Blows my damn mind.

What's worse, looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer, or posting about a guy looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer

Better yet, what about posting about the guy looking at pictures of Lita on a library computer while on another library computer

Please change the A-Rod avatar. I picture him reading this and having his mind totally blown by the concept, and now there's milk all over the monitor.

Well, in this thread it seems like you missed the purpose of My Pal, the Tortoise's story by saying "Who cares if they're not using it for work". Once he explained it again that they were the only one's not using it for a good purpose, you said "Well then kick them off", this time missing his point as to why he didn't kick them off.

In the poster above you thread, you said I don't know how to spell twizted after it already had been said. Followed by somebody else saying it, but it was funny when they did it.

I've noticed a few times in the WWE folder you've said some things that didn't sit right with me, though I can't remember the examples.

I have sigs and avatars turned off, so I don't usually even notice who's posting unless they say something I like, or say something I don't like, at which point I look to see who it was. Or, if they're directly talking to me.

I've noticed your name enough times from posts that have bothered me, to know who you are.

Don't take offense, I think you just don't clash with my personality.

I really have nothing to offer. I just like that you called him by his current name instead of Czech. "My Pal, The Tortoise" as a possessive? Deeeeelish.

Just be glad that you don't work at a public library... There's this 45 year old fat fuck in overalls who always comes in, looking at young girls on myspace, who will print out thirty pages of black and white jpegs, the bulk of which are Comic book hero illustrations, but he will slip a couple of girlie photos in for his own personal use. It's pretty gross. I wish this guy who invest in a PC of his own...

I hope that by using "My pal, the Tortoise," I've raised Thinking Fellers awareness by like 3% at TSM.

Just be glad that you don't work at a public library... There's this 45 year old fat fuck in overalls who always comes in, looking at young girls on myspace, who will print out thirty pages of black and white jpegs, the bulk of which are Comic book hero illustrations, but he will slip a couple of girlie photos in for his own personal use. It's pretty gross. I wish this guy who invest in a PC of his own...

Can't you report him for using a public computer for that kind of stuff? The local library had me sign a big ol'thing about shit like that before I could use it, saying I could be banned from use and whatnot. Hell I even had to circumvent the blocker to read Maddox (I was into his page at the time) and a librarian got pissy at me for it even though it wasn't against any written rules.

Who cares if someone isn't using the computer for important purposes? Everybody does it every day. Myspace or facebook isn't an important purpose with the way you implied it.

Well that depends, I actually use Myspace for more networking or answering quick questions from my friends, so i kinda use myspace as a mail box and a way to get potential wrestling work.

Couple of months ago, I dropped the names Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, SoundGarden, and Nirvana on some 16 year old at my job. They had no clue what I was talking about. Blows my damn mind.

Please tell me you slapped the kid with one of those bands albums.

Our libraries here outlaw sites like MySpace, Facebook, etc. and I think most messageboards as well. They monitor your usage through your library membership. Big Brother is watching!

Patrick, I'm sorry about the way this thread lost its way. I didn't intend for it to be like this. Welcome back, old pal.

Guest Vitamin X

Seriously Spoon, I've missed ya. I have no one else to enjoy this great Packers season with other than snuffy, and well, you know... I like him and all, but it's just not the same, pal.

Has Spoon gone the way of the Hoff? Where coming back is only meaningful for those of us who have been around forever?

And speaking of Hoff, did he go and take off AGAIN?

Hoff is in his backyard burying another failed meme. He'll be back shortly once he brushes the dirt off his pants.