TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

VH1's Top 100 songs of the 90s

The song is notable for its inclusion in Good Will Hunting (I think that was the movie anyway) and Smith playing it at the Oscars. It isn't really that obscure.

Wasn't "One Headlight" the biggest single the year out came out?

Yeah I know it was nominated for an Oscar and stuff but it's still obscure for VH1 standards.

One Headlight was huge and does indeed to be on there. I really marked when Springsteen did it with The Wallflowers at The VMAs in '97.

I may be wrong, but after a quick look through the list it appears that no artist is on there more than once. This was obviously done on purpose..so the list's validity is automatically lessened.

Dr. Dre is in "Nuthin' but a "G" Thang" and "California Love" (although he technically isn't the main artist in the latter). He's really in three, but it doesn't appear like "No Diggity" is the version with him.

Here is a few missing songs from the list that were MAJOR hits.

Mariah Carey: One Sweet Day (f. Boyz II Men), Fantasy Remix (f. Big Baby Jesus),

Will Smith : Summertime

Michael Jackson: Remember The Time

Boyz II Men: End of the Road, I'll Make Love to You, On Bending Knee

Los Del Rio: Macarena(sp?)

Jay -Z: Hard Knock Life

The Band's name is escaping me but "I'll Be There For You" (Friends theme, almost everyone knows the first verse by heart).

Mariah Carey: One Sweet Day (f. Boyz II Men), Fantasy Remix (f. Big Baby Jesus),

The Band's name is escaping me but "I'll Be There For You" (Friends theme, almost everyone knows the first verse by heart).

That's The Rembrants (I have no idea how to spell it). The video featuring Courtney Cox in white t-shirt sans bra meant fun times for my early teens.

thanks for reinforcing my previous statement. my god those are awful songs. cept maybe boyz II men. holla.