TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

TSM Death Pool - 2008

Patrick Swayze Diagnosed With Cancer, Five Weeks Left to Live

Atlanta, GA 3/05/2008 03:05 PM GMT (FINDITT)

Patrick Swayze, best known for his role in Dirty Dancing, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told that he has just five weeks to live.

Swayze, 55, has been sick with the disease since he was diagnosed in late January with pancreatic cancer. The cancer has since spread to other organs and now the actor/dancer is dying.

For the past month, Swayze has been traveling to Stanford University’s prestigious cancer center in Palo Alto for radical chemotherapy, but his doctors are no longer optimistic that the treatments will be successful, according to the National Enquirer.

Swayze received three treatments of chemotherapy, causing the tumor to shrink, but less than his doctors had hoped for. He was then told that he should prepare for the end.

I believe that the last time we all saw both Don Curtis & Johnny Weaver on live TV was at the WCW Slamboree 1994 PPV, when they were being introduced as part of the "Legend's Reunion".

This year is worse than last year. Nearly a quarter of the way through the year, and only four people have points.

Updated standings - March 18, 2008 (changes in red)

75 - Marvinisalunatic

45 - Darthtiki, Toshiaki Koala, Vern Gagne

This year is worse than last year. Nearly a quarter of the way through the year, and only four people have points.

Yeah, we're going to have to make as many random predictions as possible for next year.

Great. I've gone 16 months without scoring, and Marvin gets two in under two weeks.

Updated standings - March 26, 2008 (changes in red)

140 - Marvinisalunatic

45 - Darthtiki, Toshiaki Koala, Vern Gagne

I think next year I'm gonna name some hockey legends. There are a bunch of them that are nearly kicking the bucket.

How's Wayne Gretzky doing?

Fine.

I'm thinking like Ted Linsday, Ted Kennedy, Jean Bealiveau, Johnny Bauer, Gordie Howe, even Serge Savard.

I should add Peter Zezel. Dude nearly added 120 pounds since retirement.