TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

TSM Death Pool - 2008

I saw my best bet (Sir Bobby Robson - Former England, Newcastle United Football Manager) on TV the other day and was surprised at how bad he actually was. That old legend has survived cancer three times and a stroke, and he was still smiling and laughing shaking peoples hands at the FA Cup Final.

On the board again with Harvey Korman, worth 45 points because no one else had him.

my Blazing Saddles trifecta is now in play.

Brings me to 230 points. I got the first two in an 8 day span back in March and now these past 2 in a 4 day span...

1 Montel Williams

2 Patti LaBelle

3 John Glenn

4 Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

5 JR Simplot (oldest living billionaire in US)

6 Bob Seger

7 Alex Trebek

8 Sean Connery

9 Al Copeland (founder of Popeyes)

10 Julia Carson (Indiana Congresswoman) (Hmm..she died back in 07..heh)

Blazing Saddles Trifecta

11 Harvey Korman

12 Dom DeLuise

13 Gene Wilder

14 David Hasselhoff

15 Stuart Scott (BOOYAH!)

16 Mikey Dread (Raegae Singer/Producer/DJ)

17 Mickey Rooney

18 Sylvia Kristel

19 Boog Powell

20 Randy Pausch (BEST BET)

I need to add a rule next year where you can be DQed for being ultra-annoying.

Updated standings - May 30, 2008 (changes in red)

235 - Marvinisalunatic

65 - Darthtiki

45 - Toshiaki Koala, Vern Gagne

20 - Cuban Linx, KOAB, NYU, treble

Oldest living billionaire? That classifies him as a celebrity? Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

I looked him up before the contest. He was famous enough. His company makes Birds Eye frozen foods, and he signed the first deal to make french fries for McDonald's.

Colour me disappointed. I was super stoked all day that I thought I had Yves Saint Laurent on my list, and now I don't. Also I'm extremily bitter that I didn't break a 100 today, first time in a while.

So do I. I also recall him doing a fist-pump, to the chagrin of his fiancee, in January when Farrah Fawcett was ill.

I don't feel an ounce of pity over him not breaking 100 during a round of golf, however.

I feel for RedBaron. He picked the wrong blues guitarist, and the wrong Ted Kennedy.

And at the beginning of the year with Bhutto slained three days before the new year.

I feel for RedBaron. He picked the wrong blues guitarist, and the wrong Ted Kennedy.

And at the beginning of the year with Bhutto slained three days before the new year.

I wouldn't have picked Senator Kennedy if it wern't for Baron's pick.

When I make the list for 2009, I'm just going to write down the first 20 people that I see on TV. I'd have better luck going that route.

its ashame you cant start at 12:01 am 1/1/09 cause dick Clark would be a fine candidate

When I make the list for 2009, I'm just going to write down the first 20 people that I see on TV. I'd have better luck going that route.

its ashame you cant start at 12:01 am 1/1/09 cause dick Clark would be a fine candidate

Dick Clark will outlive you and I both

Dick Clark will outlive you and I both combined.

The follow-up to the news of Carlin's death on TV this morning was a story about Amy Winehouse, which rendered a description of "seriously ill". Start your clocks, ladies and gents.

Edit: FUCK! I don't have her on my list.