TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

TSM Death Pool - 2008

Come on, are you serious? Someone picking a dead guy that anyone besides Marvin has ever heard of? Puhleeze.

I'm starting to think Marvin is the world's most deadly Assassin and has been systematically offing his list. Obviously, as long as he isn't caught he can't be disqualified. Suddenly I'm glad I never voted for him to be removed from the board!

As for the Winehouse, she must be on death's door by now. She looks dead, surely that counts?

EDIT: A few of us were close with Lex Luger this year, just read up that he's actually suffered a SPINAL STROKE earlier this year, however, he's slowly recovering and regained movement in his arms.

Yeah, I knew that already.

:( I didn't.

There's been some pretty big names who have died recently. I'm predicting a death pool drought the next couple months.

Come on, are you serious? Someone picking a dead guy that anyone besides Marvin has ever heard of? Puhleeze.

I'm starting to think Marvin is the world's most deadly Assassin and has been systematically offing his list. Obviously, as long as he isn't caught he can't be disqualified. Suddenly I'm glad I never voted for him to be removed from the board!

As for the Winehouse, she must be on death's door by now. She looks dead, surely that counts?

EDIT: A few of us were close with Lex Luger this year, just read up that he's actually suffered a SPINAL STROKE earlier this year, however, he's slowly recovering and regained movement in his arms.

I would have figured people would have known Mikey Dread and Harvey Korman at least.

and yes I sorta cheated picking people who were known to be within a year of dying (see Mikey Dread and my best bet Randy Pausch) and by picking people no one else had picked for the bonus that brings.

Yeah, it's stupid researching people who are almost dead, I like just picking random celebs. Next year the rules should be that they need to have a certain level of fame like be famous for acting or music or a sports star or something... Not the oldest living person in Kansis City.

Yeah, it's stupid researching people who are almost dead, I like just picking random celebs. Next year the rules should be that they need to have a certain level of fame like be famous for acting or music or a sports star or something... Not the oldest living person in Kansis City.

Simplot was the oldest living billionaire in America. Just being a billionaire and on the Forbes 400 list of richest Americans every year should be enough to declare he was a famous person.

Nope. I bet for every 100 Americans you asked maybe 1 or 2 would know who he is. For every 100 people internationally under 1 person would know.

To be famous you should at least have to be known by 30 or 40% of people.

In fairness, I haven't heard of many of the people on Marvin's list, or some other people's list either. But then, that's probably just my ignorance of people outside of the UK who have fame.

Nope. I bet for every 100 Americans you asked maybe 1 or 2 would know who he is. For every 100 people internationally under 1 person would know.

To be famous you should at least have to be known by 30 or 40% of people.

according to this, most wrestlers would not be eligible for the deathpool.

I really have no problem with anyone on Marvin's list. Simplot was the president of a large corporation, and had a pretty extensive Wiki entry. He's not really that different from a Bill Gates, or a Warren Buffett. It's not like he was famous for being the oldest living person in the US -- anything like that would be unacceptable. The only one I questioned was the professor with the brain tumour, but even he's a best-selling author.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a site somewhere for famous cancer patients or something like that.

You should go look at Leena's list from last year, it was way worse from that perspective.

I really have no problem with anyone on Marvin's list. Simplot was the president of a large corporation, and had a pretty extensive Wiki entry. He's not really that different from a Bill Gates, or a Warren Buffett. It's not like he was famous for being the oldest living person in the US -- anything like that would be unacceptable. The only one I questioned was the professor with the brain tumour, but even he's a best-selling author.

Randy Paucsh was also on Oprah. If you get on Oprah, you're famous, its like a simplistic qualification for fame.

You all gotta give me at least a little credit for Harvey Korman at least though..

Oh, wow, and Czech actually had him! O happy day!

Updated standings - July 4, 2008 (changes in red)

235 - Marvinisalunatic

65 - Darthtiki

45 - Czech, Toshiaki Koala, Vern Gagne

20 - Cuban Linx, KOAB, NYU, treble

I think I picked him after looking at a Wiki page called "List of famous brain tumor patients."

And THAT is how you play the game.

Updated standings - July 22, 2008 (changes in red)

235 - Marvinisalunatic

110 - Toshiaki Koala

65 - Darthtiki

45 - Czech, Vern Gagne

20 - Cuban Linx, KOAB, NYU, treble