TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I'm actually hoping for more Documenty type dvds from WWE for 2008. Espically dvds for the old school wrestlers. Here's a list of dvds I'd like to see.

-Mr. Perfect Curt Henning

-Rick Rude

-Arn Anderson

-The History of the Tag Titles

-The History of the IC Title

-Greatest Tag Teams

-Technical Wrestling focused type of dvd.

-Greatest High Flyers (looks at wrestlers OTHER than Mysterio and Jeff Hardy)

-Ted Dibiase

-Earthquake John Tenta

If Sting won't work in the ring for them, they should at least try to come to terms on a DVD. That, or get Jeff Farmer to play the role of Sting looking back on his career.

Much love to the 4 Horsemen DVD, but I don't think I'd be able to sit through Arn Anderson kayfabing a 90 minute plus documentary style DVD about his career.

I honestly just want a Arn Anderson dvd so I can get a lot of his best matches to study off of.

I'm actually hoping for more Documenty type dvds from WWE for 2008. Espically dvds for the old school wrestlers. Here's a list of dvds I'd like to see.

-Rick Rude

-Arn Anderson

-Greatest Tag Teams

-Ted Dibiase

-Earthquake John Tenta

Earthquake? Really? I just don't think I could watch that.

-Rick Rude

-Arn Anderson

-Greatest Tag Teams

-Ted Dibiase

-Earthquake John Tenta

Earthquake? Really? I just don't think I could watch that.

For a big guy I really liked watching Tenta's matches. Plus he was one of the guys I actually hated as a kid. Would also love to see a Vader dvd but a John Tenta one seem more likely.

I could see them doing a Vader one, but unfortunately not a Tenta one. Vader made a huge impact in WCW and his run in WWE was still decent even if it had a few hiccups such as the promo after the Kane match.

If Sting won't work in the ring for them, they should at least try to come to terms on a DVD. That, or get Jeff Farmer to play the role of Sting looking back on his career.

I like Sting and if there was DVD made using Farmer Sting playing Sting in the doc, I would buy it.

I picked up the Raw set tonight. I've only watched about an hour of the first disk, but so far it's pretty good. Flair-Perfect seems like it gets clipped within the first minute or so, but judging by Vince's "And we're back..." on commentary immediately after the clip, I assume it was just a commercial break that went unmentioned by the commentators. (Commercial breaks during HBK-Jannetty and Bret-Kid are both warned beforehand with the TV graphic).

On a random note, I think this is the first 3-disc WWE set to have the three individual slim DVD cases inside as opposed to the usual fold open case like the Flair or Bret set.

Silvervision has the Raw Anniversary set listed as a 4 disc now, with a special bonus disc:

BONUS DISC

1st Ever Raw!

Koko B. Ware vs. Yokozuna

The Steiner Brothers vs. The Executioners

Shawn Michaels vs. Max Moon - Intercontinental Championship Match

The Undertaker vs. Damian Demento

Plus interviews with Jim Ross, Vince McMahon, Razor Ramon, Doink the Clown and more!

4th bonus disc exclusive in the UK and Europe and one store in America

Not sure what store that would be, but presumably the same one that had the bonus 4th disc on the Hogan Anthology, which was WalMart? Anyway, it's out there somewhere. Shame, I was half-hoping it'd be the XV show the other week rather than the 1st show.

I could see them doing a Vader one, but unfortunately not a Tenta one. Vader made a huge impact in WCW and his run in WWE was still decent even if it had a few hiccups such as the promo after the Kane match.

While I think Tenta is a bit underrated, his matches were generally pretty much the same. Also, other than a couple big matches with Hogan and his time teaming with Typhoon, he didn't really have too many really big career moments. Basically, it would be him coming into the WWF, squashing some guys, feuding with Hogan, winning the tag belts with Typhoon, a brief mention of his feud with Yokozuna, then a quick summary of his run in WCW, and maybe mention him being Golga in the Oddities. Also, the sad fact that he is dead and obviously unable to be interviewed would make it way less interesting.

Would love to see a Vader DVD set...hopefully that would be at least a two disc release. You could easily pick a dozen matches from his WCW days to put on such a release.

I would also love to see a Fabulous Freebirds release. Maybe if the World Class DVD does well, WWE would consider it.

-Rick Rude

-Arn Anderson

-Greatest Tag Teams

-Ted Dibiase

-Earthquake John Tenta

Oh hell yes.

The best thing about the IC title DVD would be plenty of Honky Tonk Man and Rick Rude. Which is good in my books.

While I think Tenta is a bit underrated, his matches were generally pretty much the same. Also, other than a couple big matches with Hogan and his time teaming with Typhoon, he didn't really have too many really big career moments. Basically, it would be him coming into the WWF, squashing some guys, feuding with Hogan, winning the tag belts with Typhoon, a brief mention of his feud with Yokozuna, then a quick summary of his run in WCW, and maybe mention him being Golga in the Oddities. Also, the sad fact that he is dead and obviously unable to be interviewed would make it way less interesting.

The squashing of Jake's snake and the Brian Pillman dvd send their hellos.

Edit: Oh, Earthquake attacking a wounded Andre the Giant called and like to say hello as well.

I thought the 1st Raw was an extra on disc 1? Though if it is, that's a lot of content crammed onto just one DVD. Is it just clips of the show?

It's just clips. Heenan attempting to sneak in, shots of the matches, and interview clips with Heenan, Sean Mooney, Edge, HBK, Trish, Cena, and Vince. The whole segment lasts about 3 minutes or so.

The squashing of Jake's snake and the Brian Pillman dvd send their hellos.

Pillman was a maniac. Tenta was just a nice guy who wrestled. You can't make an interesting documentary about that. Ricky Steamboat has the same problem. Great matches, but what do you put in the documentary?

That's a integral part of these bio DVDs. Its not enough to have good wrestling matches but you'd also need to have a interesting personality or career. Piper rarely had a great match but he was such a character that he warranted his DVD. Pillman had good matches in his catalogue as well as being such a unique personality.

The truth is that if Tenta were alive, no one would even consider a DVD for him. It's sad to say but Tenta would be fairly low on the desired DVD releases for any wrestling performer, dead or alive.

John Tenta, he was Earthquake, The shark (I forgot if he was actually called that or not), and Golga.

I'm kinda surprised that no one would want to watch a dvd for John Tenta. I always thought he had a pretty good/long career, plus I'm sure there are some good stories people would tell about him and his life as well. But I can see why no one would really get it, I guess he wasn't as loved as I thought he was.

How bout a Ray Taylor (Big Boss Man) instead?

I think if they could use footage of his Japan stuff, and maybe his Sumo career along with the WWE and WCW stuff THEN it'd be cool and interesting.

How about a King of The Ring box set, maybe not even an Anthology, but just the 10-12 best KOTR matches, a documentary looking at each KOTR winner, and maybe the first ppv as an extra disc. I mean I'm having doubts that Survivor Series will get an anthology, but I hope it does. I think they could probably get a good dvd out of Sid Vicious if they wanted to. He was a very interesting guy in and out of the ring.

Survivor Series will get one. WM, Rumble and Slam are just bigger deals but they'll probably produce one later this year. I wonder if we'll ever see stuff like No Way Out anthology sets in 5-8 years.

Scrob, you forgot Avalanche!

I've been saying this for years but Terry Funk needs a DVD. He's a brilliant storyteller, has a fascinating career and quite a handful of great matches to his credit.

Very unlikely. It's a sore subject for obvious reasons and let's face it, he wasn't such a huge star that they HAVE to do a dvd on him. There is a long line of other deceased performers with less sticky circumstances to produce biographies. The best I think we could hope for is that Bret and WWE agree to do another DVD and they place a couple Owen and Bulldog matches on there as a tribute.

I'd love to see a Terry Funk dvd, I'd also love to see them do Boxsets of the lesser ppvs like the in your house and No Way Out, etc.

I had the idea for the Owen and Davey idea to have Bret Hart's next dvd be similar to the second Ric Flair dvd where it's just as much about the Hart Foundation as it is about Bret Hart. That way you can cover the Anvil, Davey Boy, Pillman, and Owen all in one shot.