TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

There should also be the Royal Rumble 2002 included on the DVD. Clearly his best point from his last WWE return.

The Best of RAW 15th Anniversary DVD would have been perfect IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE STUPID POP-UP VIDEO RAW FACT BULLSHIT!!! That pissed me so much! They couldn't make it optional like on the WM III Collection's Edition DVD?!! I winded up giving it away to a friend of mine as a belated Christmas present. Thankfully, aside from the extra comments from WWE workers that was added in, the bonus disc from Wal-Mart of the original RAW episode was worth keeping.

It isn't THAT much of a distraction, I actually liked them. My favorite was after Shawn's "Losing My Smile" interview, where it popped up and said something like "Shawn Michaels has forfeited more titles than any other WWE Superstar". Zing!

It would be nice to have them optional, but giving it away because of it is a bit much.

Hopefully it has a decent amount of AWA matches. Didn't he and Scott Hall team up there?

Vs. Blue Blazer at WM V. Fun, short match.

Both I-C Title wins. I haven't seen the Tito match, but they would be nice to have for historical value.

SNME Battle Royal from 1991.

Both Bret matches. (I know people may be mad that its on Harts DVD, but they were two of his better matches.)

Savage-Perfect v. Flair-Ramon from SS 92.

Hopefully War Games 1997, because to me that was his only notable match in WCW.

Thats the thing with Hennig. I think the documentary and vignettes will be good, but I can't think of a dozen matches that makes me think I WANT this DVD.

That said, with the right mix of everything it could be a good one.

I have to agree with you on that. Maybe they could add some of those 1 hour AWA matches he had with Nick Bockwinkel that I've heard so much praise about.

What's on the Blockbuster bonus disc for Survivor Series 2007?

The Blockbuster bonus discs don't exist anymore. I guess they weren't popular enough or something. Blockbuster never got Cyber Sunday. They did get Survivor Series, however it is the same edition you get everywhere else. The only benefit is if you hold out and are lucky enough to grab a copy of the Pre-Viewed sale to save a couple bucks, as they did get a few more copies of that than they were getting of the bonus disc events. They will not be receiving Armageddon, which comes out this Tuesday, January 15. It is not even in their in store computer system.

Speaking of Armageddon 2007, I went to Wal-Mart tonight to try to pick up the RAW XV set and they did not have it, but my store happened to break street date on Armageddon, so I snagged that tonight 5 nights before it officially hits the stores. Not a huge deal, but I was happy enough to buy something before it is supposed to be released. I will post the special features when I get a chance to look at the disc.

So I popped Armageddon 07 in before I went to bed last night. The only thing in the EXTRAS menu was Mr. McMahon announces greatest RAW Superstar of All-time from the 15th Anniversary of RAW.

The one notable thing from this DVD was one of the main menu options. Aside from PLAY, EXTRAS, PLAY SPANISH, there is one more tab. It is DVD SURVEY. It says if you pop the DVD into a DVD-rom drive with internet access you can participate in a survey which in turn enters you to win the WWE 2008 DVD collection. Not sure if the collection is just the PPVs or what, but that is interesting enough.

According to a news item sent to PWI by Jeremiah Evans (though I don't know where he took this from, I don't see it on the DVD section of WWE.com), this is the full calendar for 2008:

6/03 - The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

Finally.

...The Rock HAS COME BACK to D...V...D!

Hey, someone had to do it.

There should also be the Royal Rumble 2002 included on the DVD. Clearly his best point from his last WWE return.

I love being able to tell this story. I attended the '02 Rumble in Atlanta that year, and Mr. Perfect got a HUGE pop when he came out. When he hits the Perfectplex, the place went nuts.

The really cool thing, though, is this: After Mr. Perfect is eliminated, keep watching for a bit. All of a sudden you will hear a massive pop in the arena that comes from out of nowhere, and really doesn't make sense given that nothing out of the ordinary is going on in the ring. What that pop is is the crowd giving Perfect a standing ovation as off camera he makes his way to the back. I've had friends who've seen the PPV tell me they always wondered what the hell the "mystery pop" was for. Well, that's what it was, and deservedly so.

Hopefully it has a decent amount of AWA matches. Didn't he and Scott Hall team up there?

Vs. Blue Blazer at WM V. Fun, short match.

Both I-C Title wins. I haven't seen the Tito match, but they would be nice to have for historical value.

SNME Battle Royal from 1991.

Both Bret matches. (I know people may be mad that its on Harts DVD, but they were two of his better matches.)

Savage-Perfect v. Flair-Ramon from SS 92.

Hopefully War Games 1997, because to me that was his only notable match in WCW.

Thats the thing with Hennig. I think the documentary and vignettes will be good, but I can't think of a dozen matches that makes me think I WANT this DVD.

That said, with the right mix of everything it could be a good one.

I have to agree with you on that. Maybe they could add some of those 1 hour AWA matches he had with Nick Bockwinkel that I've heard so much praise about.

How about the full "Loser Leaves WWE" (or is it just RAW?) match from after Rumble '03? I've never seen the match and actually have been turned off from buying the RAW set since it's edited on there. It would make even more sense to have the full version on Hennig's DVD since he won the match.

I'm sort of curious as to why the WCCW DVD doesn't have Kerry's NWA title win on it. Even though there already is the Star Wars match that kicked off the feud with the Freebirds, his match at the Parade of Champions is pretty important, and a nice little match, to boot.

The one notable thing from this DVD was one of the main menu options. Aside from PLAY, EXTRAS, PLAY SPANISH, there is one more tab. It is DVD SURVEY. It says if you pop the DVD into a DVD-rom drive with internet access you can participate in a survey which in turn enters you to win the WWE 2008 DVD collection. Not sure if the collection is just the PPVs or what, but that is interesting enough.

That's on most of their recent dvds, you can get to it directly by typing dvdsurvey.wwe.com into your browser.

I love being able to tell this story. I attended the '02 Rumble in Atlanta that year, and Mr. Perfect got a HUGE pop when he came out. When he hits the Perfectplex, the place went nuts.

The really cool thing, though, is this: After Mr. Perfect is eliminated, keep watching for a bit. All of a sudden you will hear a massive pop in the arena that comes from out of nowhere, and really doesn't make sense given that nothing out of the ordinary is going on in the ring. What that pop is is the crowd giving Perfect a standing ovation as off camera he makes his way to the back. I've had friends who've seen the PPV tell me they always wondered what the hell the "mystery pop" was for. Well, that's what it was, and deservedly so.

I remember that "mystery" pop as well.

Ah, the days when the crowd actually knew, or gave a shit about past stars. If Hennig were alive to appear on the RAW XV special, he would have gotten no reaction because everyone is 14 and a Cena fan now.

That's on most of their recent dvds, you can get to it directly by typing dvdsurvey.wwe.com into your browser.

In the survey, they ask how much you'd pay for a hi-def player. Think they're gonna release DVD's in HD? Or is it just to judge how many people watch Raw and Smackdown in HD.

In the survey, they ask how much you'd pay for a hi-def player. Think they're gonna release DVD's in HD? Or is it just to judge how many people watch Raw and Smackdown in HD.

Probably just to gauge the point in time when releasing HD dvds will become financially beneficial for the company. The first dvd to merit such a release would be the '08 Rumble.

I was reading on prowrestling.com that the Sting dvd is up for pre-order on amazon, and is listed as two discs with a run time of 6 hours.

The Blockbuster bonus discs don't exist anymore. I guess they weren't popular enough or something. Blockbuster never got Cyber Sunday. They did get Survivor Series, however it is the same edition you get everywhere else. The only benefit is if you hold out and are lucky enough to grab a copy of the Pre-Viewed sale to save a couple bucks, as they did get a few more copies of that than they were getting of the bonus disc events. They will not be receiving Armageddon, which comes out this Tuesday, January 15. It is not even in their in store computer system.

Damn, that really sucks. The extra extras were really cool for the most part.

Should be interesting to see what they are going to with the upcoming Rumble DVD release. Since it's going to be shot in HD, I wonder if they will release it in some type of HD format( Blu, HD-DVD, or both). Also, regarding future releases and "Best of" compliations being released in HD, I wonder what they will do here. They were all shot in SD so I wonder if they will try to "stretch" the picture to HD, or what the hell they will do. Honestly, I can see them only release newer DVD's in HD format where a good portion of the footage will be shot in HD.

I'm watching the Raw DVD now. When I got to the part when HHH came back and saw the little pop-up saying that he had wrestled 5 more minutes after getting injured, I briefly wondered why they didn't show him getting injured.

Then I remembered who was in that match.

Guest Yoouu'rree Fiiirrreed!&#
Should be interesting to see what they are going to with the upcoming Rumble DVD release. Since it's going to be shot in HD, I wonder if they will release it in some type of HD format( Blu, HD-DVD, or both). Also, regarding future releases and "Best of" compliations being released in HD, I wonder what they will do here. They were all shot in SD so I wonder if they will try to "stretch" the picture to HD, or what the hell they will do. Honestly, I can see them only release newer DVD's in HD format where a good portion of the footage will be shot in HD.

It'll probably be on Blu-Ray, HD DVD is going to be discontinued soon cause all the Movie/Production companies are becoming Blu-Ray exclusive.

I'm watching the Raw DVD now. When I got to the part when HHH came back and saw the little pop-up saying that he had wrestled 5 more minutes after getting injured, I briefly wondered why they didn't show him getting injured.

Then I remembered who was in that match.

Yeah, threre was NO WAY HHH was going to allow footage of Jericho getting over on him...

And also Benoit killed his family...

I did manage to pick up the 3rd and 4th volume of the Royal Rumble Anthology, 39 bucks a piece at Wal-Mart

* Steel cage match for the WCW World Tag Team Championship

Hollywood Blondes vs Dos Hombres - Slamboree, 23/5/93

* Stunning Steve Austin vs Flyin' Brian Pillman - Clash of the Champions XXV, 10/11/93

* U.S Title

Ricky Steamboat vs Steve Austin - Clash of the Champions XXVIII, 28/8/94

* Triangle Match For The ECW Title

Sandman vs Mikey Whipwreck vs Steve Austin - ECW, 9/12/95

* Caribbean Strap match for the Million Dollar Championship

Savio Vega vs Steve Austin - Beware of Dog (In Your House , 26/5/96

* Free for All match

Steve Austin vs Yokozuna - SummerSlam, 18/8/96

* WWF Championship

Undertaker vs Steve Austin - A Cold Day in Hell (In Your House 15) 11/5/97

* World Tag Team Championship

Steve Austin & HBK vs Owen Hart & British Bulldog - Raw 26/5/97

* Shawn Michaels vs Steve Austin - King Of The Ring, 9/6/97

* World Tag Team Championship

Steve Austin & Dude Love vs Owen Hart & British Bulldog - Raw, 14/7/97

* WWF Intercontinental Championship

Steve Austin vs Owen Hart - SummerSlam, 3/8/97

* WWF Championship

Dude Love vs Steve Austin - Unforgiven, 26/4/98

* First Blood match for the WWF Championship

Kane vs Steve Austin - King of the Ring, 28/6/98

* WWF Championship

Kane vs Steve Austin - Raw, 29/6/98

* No Holds Barred Match For The WWF Championship

Steve Austin vs The Rock - Backlash, 25/4/99

* Non-Title Match

Steve Austin vs Eddie Guerrero - SmackDown, 16/11/00

* No DQ match

Steve Austin vs Triple H - Survivor Series, 19/11/00

* 3 Stages Of Hell Match

Triple H vs Steve Austin - No Way Out, 25/2/01

* No Disqualification match for the WWF Championship

Steve Austin vs Rock - WrestleMania X-Seven, 1/4/01

and the reason I'll personally be buying the DVD:

* #1 Contender match for the WWE title

Bret Hart vs Steve Austin - Survivor Series, 16/11/96

No Benoit Edmonton match, and no Benoit/Jericho vs. Austin/Triple H from May 2001. Those are to be expected absent. But no Austin/Angle from SummerSlam 2001? I thought for sure that would be on here.

I'd figured they'd put his last match against The Rock on there, but most likely that'll be on The Rock's new DVD. That's great to know almost all these matches are all new instead of rehashes from the WHAT? and Stone Cold Truth DVD releases. I think Angle got nixed because of his TNA involvement much like how his feud with HBK was deleted from Heartbreak and Triumph main program.

I'm really glad the CDIH and SSeries 96 bouts FINALLY get the DVD treatment.

* Non-Title Match

Steve Austin vs Eddie Guerrero - SmackDown, 16/11/00

Wow. I thought they never wrestled each other before! Sweet! It's great to know it happened at least once though!. :headbang:

Can anyone confirm this? (from another board)

According to the Observer the Sting and Randy Savage dvd releases are being cancelled, apparently Kevin Dunn put the whole list together and included the two stars as Vince wanted more bigger name releases - Vince has now rejected these two releases as he wants nothing to do with Savage (still) and Sting is TNA.

If true, Sting was quite an odd choice to begin with. Randy Savage is one of the bigger dvds they can run, but they should wait on that until they can get Randy Savage to sit down and interview. I'm not going to get into the speculation on that.