TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Man, WWE dvds at Best Buy are pretty fucking expensive. I saw the HBK dvd set at K-mart tonight for 19.99, it wasn't even on sale or anything, that was their price for it.

I think the only dvds I would pick out of that list is the Wrestlemania 23 collectors tin as I haven't picked that up yet, and maybe the Raw 15th aniversity dvd as well. Ok and maybe the HHH one as well, because 14.99 is pretty cheap.

Man, WWE dvds at Best Buy are pretty fucking expensive. I saw the HBK dvd set at K-mart tonight for 19.99, it wasn't even on sale or anything, that was their price for it.

I think the only dvds I would pick out of that list is the Wrestlemania 23 collectors tin as I haven't picked that up yet, and maybe the Raw 15th aniversity dvd as well. Ok and maybe the HHH one as well, because 14.99 is pretty cheap.

Yeah, my local Kmart always has the new releases for $20 or less, including Pay Per Views.

From WWEShop:

Twist of Fate: The Matt and Jeff Hardy Story

September 27, 1998 two young wrestlers made their debut on Sunday Night Heat. From their very first match the fans knew they were something special. Risk takers, crash and burners these two performers exemplified the heart and soul of the tag-team division. Simply put, they are artists – both in and out of the ring. SummerSlam 2000, the Hardys’ competed in their first ever Ladder Match, rocketing them through the ranks of the tag team division winning the titles on four occasions and making the Tables, Ladders and Chairs match a staple in the WWE. While they may have gone their separate ways they have managed to capture the Intercontinental, Hardcore, European, Light Heavyweight, WCW Tag Team and Cruiserweight Championships respectfully. Now, relive “Team Extreme” once more as they continue to climb to new heights when you own the Hardys Twist of Fate DVD.

Disc 1 The Matt Hardy Story

Matt Hardy was born to wrestle—from his earliest days in homemade rings he and his brother created through his unbelievable matches on WWE SmackDown. The road to the top wasn’t always smooth, including some behind-the-scenes battles with other superstars that spilled into the ring. This DVD tells Matt’s complete story, and collects some amazing matches.

Matches include:

OMEGA Wrestling Tag Team Title Match

The Hardy Boyz vs. The Serial Thrillaz

No DQ; No Count Out Match: Matt Hardy vs. Kane

Steel Cage Match: Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match

Matt Hardy vs. Joey Mercury

Matt Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy

Disc 2 The Jeff Hardy Story

Jeff Hardy has ascended from one of the top tag teams in WWE history to a wildly popular singles star with the WWE Championship in his sight. This DVD examines his colorful career in and out of the ring, including his recent spectacular success on Raw.

Matches include:

The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudleys

Intercontinental Title Match:

Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H

Steel Cage Match for the Intercontinental Championship

Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro

Money in the Bank Qualifying Match

Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin

World Tag Team Title Match

The Hardys vs. Cade & Murdoch

Winner Gets WWE Championship Title Shot at Royal Rumble:

Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H

Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga

--

That's some pretty vague information (I would like to think the IC title match is the one Jeff won, not the one where he lost the belt back to HHH in quick fashion) but sounds interesting, and the phrasing "Matches Include:" suggests there may be more to the story. Though you'd think it would be examined in the feature story, from a listed match stand point, there's nothing on the V1 character.

They didn't even highlight or acknowledge that they were jobbers from 94-97? Damn, would've been cool to see that footage again.

I'm wondering if that September 98 date refers to them being full time contracted workers. Their Raw debut as a team was 18 months prior and just featured on 24/7 so it's not like they're pretending those days didn't exist.

The Hardys DVD looks pretty good, seems like i have to pick that one up.

OMEGA match means I'm buying it definately. I've never really seen any OMEGA and it's really hard to find footage but I've been dying to check some out for a long time.

Full listing for the HHH set, the much-beloved Hogpen match finally makes its way onto DVD:

There is only one Triple H, and now for the first time ever, the King of Kings reflects on his storied WWE career with new exclusive interviews discussing his biggest matches, moments, and rivalries. More than a dozen bouts are presented in their entirety, including some never before released on DVD.

The King of Kings

Getting Started

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. John Crystal

RAW (22/05/95)

Pressure – It’s All On You & The Workhorse Title

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Marc Mero

RAW (21/10/96)

Chyna, Curtain Call, & The Crown

King of the Ring Final Match

Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

King of the Ring (08/06/97)

The Transformation – The Amplified Version

WWE European Championship Match

Owen Hart vs. Triple H

WrestleMania XIV (29/03/98)

Elevating the Game

WWE Championship Match

Triple H vs. Mankind

RAW (23/08/99)

Being at the Top

No Holds Barred WWE Championship Match

Triple H vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

No Mercy (17/10/99)

McMahon- Helmsley Era

Career vs. WWE Title Hell in a Cell Match

Triple H vs. Cactus Jack

No Way Out (27/02/00)

Injury & Return

30- Man Royal Rumble Match

Royal Rumble (20/01/02)

The Return of Shawn

2 out of 3 Falls for the World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels

Armageddon (15/12/02)

The Rise of Batista

Hell in a Cell for the World Heavyweight Championship

Batista vs. Triple H

Vengeance (26/06/05)

Wrestling My Idol

Last Man Standing Match

Ric Flair vs. Triple H

Survivor Series (27/11/05)

The Next Generation

Triple Threat for the WWE Championship

John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Edge

Backlash (30/04/06)

What’s Left to Accomplish?

DVD Extras

Hog Pen Match

Henry O. Godwinn vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

In Your House (17/12/95)

Triple H – 1st Professional Match

Terra Ryzing vs. Flying Tony Roy

With commentary by Jim Ross & Triple H

Burlington, VT (01/11/92)

Decent match listing, although my first impression regarding never-before-seen matches would go to the HIAC match with Cactus and not the Hogpen match. That HIAC match is literally one of the most requested matches on DVD, even though it would have been a lock to include in the upcoming Complete Hell dvd.

I'm glad to see HHH's first IC title win against Marc Mero is on the DVD. My favorite part of the match is Mr. Perfect giving Marc Mero one of the hardest chairshots I've ever seen so HHH could get the win. I thought they would include HHH vs Undertaker from Wrestlemania X-Seven, but it's already included on a couple different Undertaker DVD releases, so no harm there. Looks like an overall good selection of matches.

Decent match listing, although my first impression regarding never-before-seen matches would go to the HIAC match with Cactus and not the Hogpen match. That HIAC match is literally one of the most requested matches on DVD, even though it would have been a lock to include in the upcoming Complete Hell dvd.

The Hogpen comment was mainly sarcasm, although seeing HHH wallow around in shit would make a great guilty pleasure.

I too am happy about the Cactus HIAC match finally getting on DVD.

no Jeff/Taker ladder match??????

That was my favorite Jeff match :\

If you want that one it's already on the Ladder Match dvd set, which is an excellent set by the way.

I'm shocked his 2002 - 2003 world title run is practically skipped over. I'd figured his new DVD set would be 3 DVDs with one disc dedicated to that reign.

Guest Smues

I really don't like giving my money to HHH merchandize, nor am I interested in most of those discs, but I would like to own the NWO HIAC match and the no mercy match with Austin, so I'll have to find a used copy to get just for those.

I just picked up the Austin discs yesterday. A pretty good match set, but its really disappointing that there's nothing past WM17 on it. Besides the Benoit matches that really needed to be on the set but weren't for obvious reasons, I really wanted a couple of Kurt Angle matches to be on here, specifically the two PPV ones at the end of the summer of 01, and the one from I think the first Raw of 2001.

Maybe one post-Mania X-7 match versus Angle would have been possible. After all, they did include one Angle match on the HBK dvd, but you have to figure that WWE wouldn't want to give too much exposure to a former employee who left on bad terms and is the current TNA Champion.

So how badly edited is the Austin / Guerrero match because of ------'s involvement?

I got the austin set, if only cuz it had the 2/3 falls match vs HHH on it, plus the bret Survivor series match I have never seen. But the Steamboat match on disc 1 is pretty awesome. Notable for being the match where Steamboat injured his back (trying to skin the cat back in) which caused his immediate retirement. Great technical match with Austin playing the arrogant heel well and Steamboat building the crowd into a frenzy with his comebacks. I havent watched anything else yet.

So how badly edited is the Austin / Guerrero match because of ------'s involvement?

Benoit never got involved in the match directly, just before it. It starts with Eddie cutting a promo, then shows Austin trapping the Radicalz in their dressing room with the forklift. The only possible footage of Benoit there might be through the window of the dressing room once they're trapped; however, it could very well (likely) have been just Malenko and Saturn shown.

On another note, the Survivor Series match is shown in full until they make their way to the dressing room. Then it's clipped to what looks like Austin chasing HHH out, with HHH wondering where the chasing Austin went to, jumping into his car, only for, well, you know what happens. Really, it just looks weird with the clip-job.