TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I just picked up the Cena and HBK Best Buy sets for $12.99 each. I didn't have the two DVD sets anyway, so I figured what the hell. I'm not interested in the bonus stuff in em though, so I have no clue what I'll do with it all. I just thought it was a great deal for the DVD sets alone.

Get a toy spinner belt, some jean shorts and with the Cena wristband and shirt already in your possession, YOU can be John Cena when Halloween comes around

I just picked up the Cena and HBK Best Buy sets for $12.99 each. I didn't have the two DVD sets anyway, so I figured what the hell. I'm not interested in the bonus stuff in em though, so I have no clue what I'll do with it all. I just thought it was a great deal for the DVD sets alone.

Mine also had the DX set.

But I got Rey and HBK's set.

Wal Mart is going to have something like "Superstars of Wrestlemania" DVD coming out soon as well.

DX? The only UFE's were Rey, Cena and HBK. Unless you mean they had a sale price on the DX dvd (New and Improved DX, I assume?)

DX? The only UFE's were Rey, Cena and HBK. Unless you mean they had a sale price on the DX dvd (New and Improved DX, I assume?)

Yeah, and it came with a t-shirt but it wasnt a UFE box like the others, nor did it have a $50 price tag.

And the chain in the Rey set makes me feel like Hercules Hernandez..

But I got Rey and HBK's set.

Wal Mart is going to have something like "Superstars of Wrestlemania" DVD coming out soon as well.

This is the line-up for that DVD. It's really not very good (who puts Rock vs. Austin on a Best of WM and picks the Mania XV match?)

Hulk Hogan History

WWE Championship Match

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Hulk Hogan

WrestleMania VII (24/03/91)

Batista History

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Triple H vs. Batista

WrestleMania 21 (04/03/05)

Shawn Michaels History

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

WrestleMania XIX (30/03/03)

Undertaker History

Legend vs. Legend Killer

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania 21 (04/03/05)

Edge History

Hardcore Match

Edge vs. Mick Foley

WrestleMania 22 (02/04/06)

Bret Hart History

WWE Championship Match

Yokozuna with Mr. Fuji and Jim Cornette vs. Bret “Hitman” Hart

Special Guest Referee: “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

WrestleMania X (20/03/94)

The Rock History

The Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

WrestleMania X8 (17/03/02)

John Cena History

WWE Championship Match

JBL vs. John Cena

WrestleMania 21 (03/04/05)

Rey Mysterio History

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania 22 (02/04/06)

Triple H History

Undisputed WWE Championship Match

Jericho vs. Triple H

WrestleMania X8 (17/03/02)

Stone Cold Steve Austin History

WWE Championship Match

The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

WrestleMania XV (28/03/99)

What DVD has the Rock vs Mick Foley when Foley won his first WWE Title? I think it was his first title, I just know that SCSA came out and nailed Rock with a chair. I remember the crowd going apeshit when SCSA came out too.

In the Rey DVD insert for the match listings, both Eddie and Chavo's last names are "Guerrera" though on the back its spelled right..

Yeah, I remember people talking about that in the old thread when the set first came out. I don't have my copy nearby, but I remember the insert having a few typos as I think it was the same set that calls Halloween Havoc by the name of Halloween House on the insert.

I got an email saying that the greatest Wrestlemania superstars DVD thing that Wal Mart has is going to be aired in some select theatres.

That might be interesting to see on a big theatre screen.

Its actually playing here in town (Mankato, MN) at the local Carmike (the company that exclusively did the deal with WWE) theater (and a nice theater at that, all digital projection and amazing sound) this coming Friday. Should be cool to check out, am certainly going to throw down on it just for the unique experience.

Not sure how long this is going to run, but I think this is going to be a condensed version of the Wal Mart DVD, as a trailer I saw about it lists (and in this order it appears):

Austin/Rock - Mania XV

Jericho/HBK - Mania XIX

Jericho/HHH - Mania XVIII

Taker/Orton - Mania XXI

Rock/Hogan - Mania XVIII

Throwing in video profile packages in between the matches, I would guess this (digital) film version runs about a good hour and half or so. I'll post thoughts about it after I check it out over the weekend.

I'll have to go see if they have it at my bestbuy.

What the fuck. I went to Bestbuy and they were still selling all the set's for $50 a piece.

I said fuck that and went to Walmart to get the Best of Raw DVD for $20. Wasn't there supposed to be a 4th Walmart exclusive disc?

Cover art for the Rock's dvd to be released in June. No match listing yet.

51TOGDIpQSL._SS500_.jpg

I wonder if either The Rock will even do the sit down interview/documentary part, I hope they get him to do it during the Wrestlemania weekend.

Secondly, I wonder if they'll even get other guys to comment on him. I really want to hear what HHH says about him. I'm sure Jericho, RVD, AUSTIN, Foley, Taker and others must also have a say, if any on this DVD.

I think the sit-down interview was made a long time ago. There have been several clips of him in his home where you can see various title belts in the background. I remember last year's footage for Ross' induction, the comments for Trump/McMahon and RAW XV were made in that background.

What the fuck. I went to Bestbuy and they were still selling all the set's for $50 a piece.

I said fuck that and went to Walmart to get the Best of Raw DVD for $20. Wasn't there supposed to be a 4th Walmart exclusive disc?

The Best Buy price tags say $50, but they ring up $12.99. I've only heard of a few stores not having it ring up that price (mostly in S. California)

I waited til I found that Best of RAW DVD at WalMart too for the exclusive 4th disc (which was just supposed to contain the first RAW in its entirety), and mine didn't have it. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing until you open it. Reports I have heard on it is it is just inside the case to disc one and the package isn't specially marked.

I waited til I found that Best of RAW DVD at WalMart too for the exclusive 4th disc (which was just supposed to contain the first RAW in its entirety), and mine didn't have it. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing until you open it. Reports I have heard on it is it is just inside the case to disc one and the package isn't specially marked.

Wow. What great marketing. I opened up mine and it didn't have the special 4th disc either. Also, on Wal-Mart's site, it says it's a 3 disc DVD.

Also, I went and picked up the HBK special box set at Best Buy today. Just like you guys said, when rung up it came up as $12.99. Thanks for the heads up everybody.

Yea I got the RAW dvd at Walmart Too and it didn't have a 4th disc, but then again it wasn't advertised on the cover either. Perhaps it was a limited time only deal?

anyhow Deep Discount is listing for preorder Wm 24 Blu-Ray Disc. Interesting. They have it for 33 bucks and change instead of the list price of 50 bucks.

I guess from WM one we can expect all the ppvs to be available on Blu-Ray?

Just got back from Wal-Mart and the have a shitload of WWE DVD's on sale. They have a bunch of single PPV's on for $6.66, the Flair, Hogan, and Piper sets all for $14.88, and I bought Volumes 2, 3 and 4 of the WrestleMania sets for $14.88 each (Volume 1 was gone)

Just got back from Wal-Mart and the have a shitload of WWE DVD's on sale. They have a bunch of single PPV's on for $6.66, the Flair, Hogan, and Piper sets all for $14.88, and I bought Volumes 2, 3 and 4 of the WrestleMania sets for $14.88 each (Volume 1 was gone)

Damn. I wish my Wal-Mart carried WWE shit. They carry maybe 2 or 3 DVDs. Thats it.

I checked the three closest Wal Marts today and nothing yet. I am guessing they will put up a Wrestlemania display Tuesday that will feature that stuff because they have signs advertsing that Superstars of Wrestlemania. My guess is that store was nice enough to put it up early. Great find, I'd love to get those Wrestlemania sets for that price.

Well, now that I have 3/4 of the WrestleMania sets, I'll have to swing by the other Wal-Marts in town (we have like 3 or 4 within 30 minutes of my house) Hopefully I can land it for cheap