TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

ah crap I cant go to walmart today. damn it all to hell.

anyhow saw the HHH dvd in the warehouse at work today. The cover looks so goofy, it's almost comical. But we'll have it on sale for 17.99 starting Tuesday.

for those who have found the Wrestlemania Anthology sets on sale, did you find them in the DVD section or was there a display set with a bunch of WWE DVDs

For what it's worth, I don't believe the WalMart stores in the USA have the WM sets at that price. I'm pretty sure it's just for our neighbors in the north.

I really hope that I'm either wrong, or that it'll change in the near future. I waited too long to get the big set, and if I can get the individual sets that cheap, I'll be all over it.

For what it's worth, I don't believe the WalMart stores in the USA have the WM sets at that price. I'm pretty sure it's just for our neighbors in the north.

I really hope that I'm either wrong, or that it'll change in the near future. I waited too long to get the big set, and if I can get the individual sets that cheap, I'll be all over it.

None of the US stores have it, but apparently there will be a WWE Superbox section in the DVD section at Walmart in promotion with their exclusive Greatest Superstars Of Wrestlemania DVD.

And the US Walmarts had their turn a few years ago when they had a fuckton of WWE DVDs (PPVs and the feature DVDs) for $4.88 and $8.88.

Yeah, the last time WalMart had a special WWE DVD display they had a bunch of really good ones. I think the Chris Benoit DVD was just $3.xx or something like that. Whoever bought a bunch to unload later on, and held on to them for a good while, likely did well on eBay last year. :o

None of the US stores have it, but apparently there will be a WWE Superbox section in the DVD section at Walmart in promotion with their exclusive Greatest Superstars Of Wrestlemania DVD.

And the US Walmarts had their turn a few years ago when they had a fuckton of WWE DVDs (PPVs and the feature DVDs) for $4.88 and $8.88.

I think thats what it is, then again they could do a deep discount DVDs that came out in 2006 and up until 2007 I would think since the last sale last time was 2004-2005 stuff

I havent decided if I'll pick up the WM Anthology packs at Wal-Mart once they start the Mania display

Just went to Walmart.com to look and see if they had that great price on the Wrestlemania sets seeing I had to use the website to get the first TNA box set that was exclusive to WalMart back in the day. They didn' have the boxsets but they did have the cover art for Wrestlemania 24 already. Looks pretty cool, reminds me of the Wrestlemania 21 cover art somewhat. It says it will be a 3-disc set. Also looks like they will do the deal where they package it with an old DVD again this year. This year it looks like when it first comes out you can get the Mr. McMahon DVD for free with it.

According to a poster on Keith's blog of doom:

I also found what may be a tentative match listing -

Disc One

3/31/97: Rocky Maivia vs Bret Hart(IC title Raw)

2/10/97: Rocky Maivia vs HHH(IC Title, Raw)

8/30/98: The Rock vs HHH(Ladder Match for IC title, Summerslam)

9/27/98: The Rock vs Ken Shamrock vs Mankind(Triple Threat Cage Match, Breakdown)

1/24/99: The Rock vs Mankind(I Quit Match for the WWF Title, Royal Rumble)

4/25/99: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin(WWF Title, Backlash)

2/14/00: The Rock vs Chris Benoit(Raw)

4/30/00: The Rock vs HHH(WWF Title, Backlash)

Disc Two

5/21/00: The Rock vs HHH(Iron Man Match for WWF Title, Judgement Day)

7/23/00: The Rock vs Chris Benoit(WWF Title DQ stipulation, Fully Loaded)

10/22/00: The Rock vs Kurt Angle(WWF Title, No Mercy)

2/25/01: The Rock vs Kurt Angle(WWF Title, No Way Out)

4/1/01: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin(WWF Title, Wrestlemaina X-7)

Disc Three

8/19/01: The Rock vs Booker T(WCW Championship Match, Summerslam)

10/21/01: The Rock vs Chris Jericho(WCW Championship, No Mercy)

11/3/01: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin(WWF Title, Rebellion)

1/20/02: The Rock vs Chris Jericho(WWF Undisputed Title, Royal Rumble)

3/17/02: The Rock vs Hollywood Hogan(Wrestlemaina X-8)

8/25/02: The Rock vs Brock Lesnar(WWE Undisputed Championship, Summeslam)

3/30/03: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin(Wrestlemaina 19)

3/14/04: The Rock & Mick Foley vs Randy Orton, Batista, and Ric Flair(Wrestlemaina XX)

I wonder if Rock personally picked these matches. That would probably be the only reason BENOIT is back on DVD.

Disc One

9/27/98: The Rock vs Ken Shamrock vs Mankind(Triple Threat Cage Match, Breakdown)

Disc Two

Disc Three

3/14/04: The Rock & Mick Foley vs Randy Orton, Batista, and Ric Flair(Wrestlemaina XX)

I wonder if Rock personally picked these matches. That would probably be the only reason BENOIT is back on DVD.

Gotta be. That said, I wonder if he will say anything prior to the matches, or if he will just talk about the fued/story line heading into the match.

I don't see them putting FOUR Rock vs. Austin and FOUR Rock vs. HHH matches on his DVD. Since when do they even put TWO same-opponent matches on one DVD...four seems beyond pushing it. And I don't think they're ready to put two Benoit matches on a WWE-produced DVD yet either, and you would assume Rock would understand their trepidation. I just don't see how true this list is.

That is the list, It's been out since January 2007, so it was before the Benoit incident. They are just going to take out the Benoit matches and replace them with something else.

Hopefully not, though, because there seems to be hope of him not being edited out of history anymore.

Disc One

Disc Two

Disc Three

Gotta be. That said, I wonder if he will say anything prior to the matches, or if he will just talk about the fued/story line heading into the match.

24/7 have sown Benoit a few times in matches, usually getting beaten, and if he isn't the focus of a segment, so it could just be the WWE are slowly allowing Benoit 'back in'. I couldn't think of a better phrase to use.

That is the list, It's been out since January 2007, so it was before the Benoit incident. They are just going to take out the Benoit matches and replace them with something else.

Hopefully not, though, because there seems to be hope of him not being edited out of history anymore.

He should be edited out of history.

No.

However, I'd love to hear what explanation you come up with to justify this.

No.

There is still the potential for people to get up in arms about the WWE trying to profit on the likeness of a guy who killed his wife and child.

No.

There is still the potential for people to get up in arms about the WWE trying to profit on the likeness of a guy who killed his wife and child.

Which is why they won't be making another Best of Benoit DVD. However, it is stupid to pretend he wasn't a part of the careers of other wrestlers that were around while he was alive.

I'm fine with them showing Benoit, just make it easy and show the matches where he gets his ass kicked instead. The only exceptions would be the 2004 Royal Rumble and WM XX since Benoit won the most important match.