TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

It's a real shame the Rock DVD set won't include his triple threat match against Angle and Taker at Vengeance '02. It was a real good match. :(

t_1985banner001.jpg

t_1985banner002.jpg

That is the list, It's been out since January 2007, so it was before the Benoit incident. They are just going to take out the Benoit matches and replace them with something else.

Hopefully not, though, because there seems to be hope of him not being edited out of history anymore.

He should be edited out of history.

No.

However, I'd love to hear what explanation you come up with to justify this.

WWE is marketing to kids, Benoit killed his kid with his wrestling hold. He should be left off of "best of DVD's", it's pretty simple.

I'm fine with them showing Benoit, just make it easy and show the matches where he gets his ass kicked instead. The only exceptions would be the 2004 Royal Rumble and WM XX since Benoit won the most important match.

So him losing a fake match makes it all better?

I think the Benoit debate is staying on topic, since it's about him losing a match.

I don't have a problem with them keeping him off DVD sets, since I'm sure many people just don't want to see him wrestle. I mean, the dude killed his kid.

I really enjoyed the HHH set, though I think it could've been at least 1 disc longer. And only 2 extras? Come on.

That said, is the previous white covered "HHH The Game" DVD worth picking up as well?

Alright, seriously, no more Benoit debate or reference to the Benoit stuff in this thread. Next poster to mention it gets a play date with Leena.

If you want to start a thread about it elsewhere (hint: DDCS), be my guest.

We've really gone over this "debate" a hundred times. It's unnecessary and tiresome.

This probably isn't worth arguing, but just because you think the debate is unecessaey and tiresome doesn't mean other people do, as evidenced by the last page.

We've really gone over this "debate" a hundred times. It's unnecessary and tiresome.

This probably isn't worth arguing, but just because you think the debate is unecessaey and tiresome doesn't mean other people do, as evidenced by the last page.

Too many people do, and it floods the rest of the topics. We've got an unconfirmed, third-hand matchlist from a dvd four months away and it turns into a Benoit debate.

Too many people do, and it floods the rest of the topics. We've got an unconfirmed, third-hand matchlist from a dvd four months away and it turns into a Benoit debate.

Discussing whether Benoit is or should be on DVDs is relevant to a thread about WWE DVDs. If you don't like it, then simply don't read it. Don't tell other people that they can't talk about something relevant to the topic at hand just because you don't like it. Simply scroll down or talk about something else

I would be willing to bet that the match list for The Rock DVD set was just made up by a fan as his "dream list". There is no way they are having 4 matches from the same guy on the DVD.

Anyway if that is the match list I'm buying it, even if its not then it should have tonnes on interviews which will be great. Hell, I would buy it for the cover alone which is fuckin amazing.

Didn't see this thread, and had put this in the other DVD thread, but I'm moving it here. I bought the Triple H DVD, and thought it was okay. The matches chosen were pretty good, but the documentary part of it was a little bit of a let down. It was a total of maybe an hour, and most of it was okay at best. It was all Triple H talking about different parts of his career for 5 minutes before each match. Could have been better.

I still want to know why he put the Hog Pen match on it. Is he finally at a point where he doesn't mind poking fun at himself?

As for the Rock's DVD- Rey's dvd had multiple matches of him vs Dean Malenko, so it's not out of the realm of possability that he'll have multiple matches against the same person.

I am glad to see that the Rock's DVD has the Mankind-Shamrock-Rock three way cage match. I always heard the match was awesome and I have never seen it.

So any chance of another Ric Flair collection coming out since he's officially retired now? There's been quite a lot that's gone down since the previous 3 disc release. I've love to see something more biography based, too. Sure with more matches, but there wasn't much of a "story" per se to the previous collection. Just touching on the major feuds.

They should just go nuts and make a 8-10 disc set for Ric showing everything important he has ever done. The last disc could be his Hall of Fame speech, last match, and then the Raw retirement party. You know a set like that would sell.

A set like that would sell, but it be a ton of money as well.

Yeah, it would. Probably be $150 or more, I would figure. Still, with as many people that grew up watching Flair, you would figure there would be middle-aged guys buying this as and making their kids watch it.

They had planned a 2nd Flair release which ended up being the Horsemen DVD that came out last year. I'd think with all the success of this run, they'd have to throw out another one. I'd love a collection like stated above and although expensive, if they threw it out at the right time, it'd probably still do pretty well.

PWI just posted the complete listing for Rock's DVD.

Throughout The Rock’s incredible sports-entertainment career, fans and foes alike knew enough to know their role, shut their mouth, or risk a beatdown from the Brahma Bull. While he’s gone from WWE rings to the big screen, his impact on professional wrestling will never be forgotten. The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment highlights the meteoric rise of The Great One, the first man to hold the WWE Championship seven times. This package is packed with 3 discs filled with 19 amazing matches.

Disc 1

-- Samoan Royalty

-- Raw, February 13, 1997: Rocky Maivia vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Intercontinental Championship)

-- Rock, the Ruler

-- Raw, April 6, 1998: The Rock vs. Owen Hart

-- The Nation vs. DX

-- Raw, June 22, 1998: The Rock vs. Triple H

-- The Rock's Big Chance

-- Survivor Series 1998: The Rock vs. Mankind (WWE Championship Tournament Finals)

-- Rivarly with Mankind

-- Valentine's Day Massacre 1999: The Rock vs. Mankind (WWE Championship Last Man Standing Match)

-- So it continues...

-- Raw, February 15, 1999: The Rock vs. Mankind (WWE Championship Ladder Match)

-- Two of the Most Charismatic Superstars Ever

-- WrestleMania XV: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (WWE Championship)

Disc 2

-- People's Champion

-- Raw, July 5, 1999: The Rock vs. Triple H (Cage Match)

-- The Rock 'n Sock Connection

-- Raw, August 30, 1999: The Rock & Mankind vs. The Undertaker & The Big Show (WWE Tag Team Championship)

-- Verbal SmackDown!

-- SmackDown!, December 30, 1999: The Rock vs. Kane (No Holds Barred Match)

-- McMahon-Helmsley Regime vs. The Rock

-- Backlash 2000: The Rock vs. Triple H (WWE Championship)

-- The Following Night...

-- Raw, May 1, 2000: The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (WWE Championship Steel Cage Match)

-- The Great One vs. The Olympic Gold Medalist

-- No Way Out 2001: The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (WWE Championship)

-- The New Title

-- SummerSlam 2001: The Rock vs. Booker T. (WCW Championship)

-- The Undisputed Champion

-- Royal Rumble 2002: The Rock vs. Chris Jericho (WWE Championship)

Disc 3

-- Icon vs. Icon

-- WrestleMania X8: The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan

-- Triple Threat

-- Vengeance 2002: The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (WWE Championship)

-- Just Bring It

-- Raw, July 22, 2002: The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero

-- WrestleMania XIX: The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

-- Transcending Sports Entertainment

-- The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment

Promos

-- Heat, July 11, 1999: "Billy's Prayer to God"

-- Raw, August 9, 1999: "The Big Slow"

-- Raw, September 6, 1999: "My Name is Kane"

-- Raw, November 15, 1999: "Doughnuts"

-- SmackDown!, August 10, 2000: "Hermie"

-- Raw, December 4, 2000: "Armageddon Opponents"

-- Raw, August 13, 2001: "Thomas Jefferson, Sucka"

-- Raw, September 10, 2001: "The People's Strudel"

-- Smackdown, September 20, 2001: "Great Balls of Fire"

-- Smackdown, January 3, 2002: "Copacabana"

-- Smackdown, January 17, 2002: "Camera Man"

-- Smackdown, January 24, 2002: "The Charleston"

-- No Way Out 2002: "nWo"

-- Smackdown, July 11, 2002: "Busta Rhymes"

-- Raw, March 20, 2003: "The Superhero"

-- Raw, June 21, 2004: "Miami Dolphins"

-- The One-Liners

Smackdown, January 24, 2002: "The Charleston"

I was there for that live and I dont remember what it was the Rock did. Only thing I remember about that was Vince and his lethal dose of poison in the nWo.

The Rock made Coach do the Charleston dance backstage.

You know, I was never a big fan of the Rock's work, plus I know his story as it's been told a ton times over. However, I have a feeling the dvd will show a lot of his promo work, so I'm thinking I'm going to get the dvd just based off that.

Though I wonder, is the dvd going to be set up like a documentry type of story, or like the Steve Austin dvd was set up? I'm hoping or documentry style.