TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Smackdown, January 24, 2002: "The Charleston"

I was there for that live and I dont remember what it was the Rock did. Only thing I remember about that was Vince and his lethal dose of poison in the nWo.

The Rock made Coach do the Charleston dance backstage.

Maybe they should have saved that for the Best of the Coach DVD.

Some of those matches were on the Just Bring It DVD, but that's a good collection altogether though. I'll pick it up.

You know, I was never a big fan of the Rock's work, plus I know his story as it's been told a ton times over. However, I have a feeling the dvd will show a lot of his promo work, so I'm thinking I'm going to get the dvd just based off that.

Though I wonder, is the dvd going to be set up like a documentry type of story, or like the Steve Austin dvd was set up? I'm hoping or documentry style.

Looks like the Triple H dvd, where there will be talk before each match. I don't really like that format. I like one disc of documentary and one of matches.

Man I was hoping for a documnetary style rock dvd as well. At least they could just put a 4th disc filled with all his best promos, it's what he is known for.

plus no iron man match vs HHH? that bites.

Enjoyed the HHH DVD, though I prefer it when they have extended documentary instead of the soundbites before each segment like they've started to do. His comment about John Cena is interesting, looks like Cena has put alot of work into improving and gained alot of respect along the way for trying.

FYE.com is doing a 20% off sale right now with the exception of pre-orders. All the orders over $25 qualify for free shipping too. The code at checkout is 20WWEAPR. It looks like they still have some of their dufflebag giveaway and give you a WWE dufflebag when you order too.

FYE.com is doing a 20% off sale right now with the exception of pre-orders. All the orders over $25 qualify for free shipping too. The code at checkout is 20WWEAPR. It looks like they still have some of their dufflebag giveaway and give you a WWE dufflebag when you order too.

Most of the DVDs can be found on Best Buy, Amazon or DeepDiscount.com cheaper than FYE with the 20% off.

Just watched the Hardy's DVD 'Twist of Fate' was pretty interesting, and didn't seem to glaze over much - talked about Lita/Edge/Matt and even Jeff's drug abuse (though not in amazing detail). Jeff even name dropped TNA a few times on the dvd, which I was surprised they'd keep in. Funniest part though, is the great commentary from people about how Jeff has turned his life around, is clean, and is going to be the next World Champion.

What did he say about TNA? Just that he went to work there for a while?

Yeah, first he said that he went to work for them as the schedule was lighter, but later said he didn't enjoy it in TNA as he was missing Wrestlemania's.

To be released July 8th. From amazon.com:

With a career spanning over 30 years, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair has seen it all and has taken on all challengers. This 3 disc set looks at the incredible life and career of this WWE legend and champion, with new matches,new antics, but with the ole' same flair, "Whoooooo"!

516fx8HXprL._SS500_.jpg

To be released July 8th. From amazon.com:

With a career spanning over 30 years, "Nature Boy" Ric Flair has seen it all and has taken on all challengers. This 3 disc set looks at the incredible life and career of this WWE legend and champion, with new matches,new antics, but with the ole' same flair, "Whoooooo"!

516fx8HXprL._SS500_.jpg

*Crosses fingers in hopes that they'll FINALLY include Flair vs. Sting from the first Clash of the Champions.*

I could care less if I ever see Sting vs. Flair from Clash 1 after seeing it recently on 24/7. Maybe you had to be there?

Edit: That sounds a bit harsher than I wanted it too... fine match, but years of hype didn't seem to match up to what I was expecting. It really should be on the DVD set though.

All the hype around that match is more just that Sting was not a guy on that level going into that match...and coming out of it Flair put him on that level.

It was the epitome of a star making match...which is why it's so fondly remembered.

I could care less if I ever see Sting vs. Flair from Clash 1 after seeing it recently on 24/7. Maybe you had to be there?

Edit: That sounds a bit harsher than I wanted it too... fine match, but years of hype didn't seem to match up to what I was expecting. It really should be on the DVD set though.

Where the hell has this saying came from? You Americans say it all the time, this isn't personally against you Venk.

The correct saying is

"I COULDN'T care less"

as if you can care less about something, it means that you have some sort of care already vested into the item. However, if you COULDN'T care less, then that means your amount of care is ZERO, NIL, None Exsistant. To care less for the subject would be impossible, as you already care the least amount.

Infact, here's John Cleese to explain it better:

But it wasn't personally about me. Anyway, grammar lesson learned, though technically I do kind of care if Sting vs. Flair is on the DVD so it's possible I could care less... but yeah, "couldn't" is what I was going for.

I really hope "new matches, new antics" means new in the sense that this is a direct sequel (as opposed to an "updated / re-vamped re-release" type deal that Hogan, Austin, Rey and others get) to the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection and not that it's covering his 2002-2008 career. The naming convention ("Ultimate -> Definitive") seems to imply the former, which is good.

I was in my local Virgin today and saw the RAW DVD and the Austin DVD but they we're both 25 quid each and I don't want to buy them in case they're shit.

What I want is documentary style, kind of akin to the McMahon dvd, the Monday Night Wars, Pillman etc. Are both of them like that or are they like Taker's one which was just matches?

The RAW DVD is good, the only thing that ruined it were the stupid Pop-Up Video-like facts and there's no option available to turn it off!

Austin's DVD is similar to Foley's GH&M DVD where they just sit down and talk about the selected matches for a bit before going to them.

Hardys DVD was actually sold out here which means one of two things. Either:

1. The Hardys are the two most over wrestlers in WWE.

or

2. WWE made fewer copies available in an attempt to lower sales and thus make it appear others are more over when the numbers come in.

I was in my local Virgin today

Thank you for quoting that.

or

2. WWE made fewer copies available in an attempt to lower sales and thus make it appear others are more over when the numbers come in.

3. Your local area is home to the most amount of ugly, fat chicks.

Buy it on FamilyVideo.com. It's ~$16.98 + $.99 shipping and no tax (at least no tax for me)...better than Best Buy or Circuit City

or

Buy it on FamilyVideo.com. It's ~$16.98 + $.99 shipping and no tax (at least no tax for me)...better than Best Buy or Circuit City

Had not considered option #3. Except the ugly fat chick at Walmart didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if they had any left.

or

Had not considered option #3. Except the ugly fat chick at Walmart didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if they had any left.

Was she a Gothic girl?