TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I was in my local Virgin today

Thank you for quoting that.

Ha! That's excellent.

What makes it funnier is the place isn't even called Virgin now.

I saw something on PWI about the Mania DVD coming out in a widescreen "enhanced for 16:9 TVs" format. This pleases me.

yea the new wwe magazine has the wm dvd ad in it and it says that as well. weird, considering the show wasnt in widescreen (at least not on regular ppv, I don't know about the hd version) The blu-ray info also stated that it was in "1080 I" resolution and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

I got the hardys set last week, pretty interesting bios on there, though the match selection is kinda odd, would have liked to seen more of matt's "V1" days on it, and his skits with Shannon and later Crash Holly.

We got in like a good 10 or 12 of the hardys set in and I only sold maybe two of them personally and the third was to me so I can't say it is selling well.

I saw something on PWI about the Mania DVD coming out in a widescreen "enhanced for 16:9 TVs" format. This pleases me.

yea the new wwe magazine has the wm dvd ad in it and it says that as well. weird, considering the show wasnt in widescreen.

Every single thing they shoot now is in widescreen which can be problematic for people not watching the HD feed due to their framing. I don't own a Blu Ray player so I was hoping at the very least WWE would put out widescreen DVDs. Even if it's just for Mania, this is a step in the right direction.

Hardys DVD was actually sold out here which means one of two things. Either:

1. The Hardys are the two most over wrestlers in WWE.

or

2. WWE made fewer copies available in an attempt to lower sales and thus make it appear others are more over when the numbers come in.

3. Your local area is home to the most amount of ugly, fat chicks.

Buy it on FamilyVideo.com. It's ~$16.98 + $.99 shipping and no tax (at least no tax for me)...better than Best Buy or Circuit City

Had not considered option #3. Except the ugly fat chick at Walmart didn't know what I was talking about when I asked if they had any left.

That's surprising

Wal-Mart and the WWE is a match made in heaven in the amount of white trash consumers

yea the new wwe magazine has the wm dvd ad in it and it says that as well. weird, considering the show wasnt in widescreen.

Every single thing they shoot now is in widescreen which can be problematic for people not watching the HD feed due to their framing. I don't own a Blu Ray player so I was hoping at the very least WWE would put out widescreen DVDs. Even if it's just for Mania, this is a step in the right direction.

Silvervision is also advertising the DVD release to be in widescreen.

This is a nice positive step from the Rumble DVD, which was only released in 4:3 format in spite of the PPV originally shown in widescreen, which made for some poor frames. Good thing they're not fucking up Mania, OTOH.

The much-anticipated new Ric Flair set:

---

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1203

---

This is a three disc set with a comprehensive professional biography and more than two discs filled with matches spanning the 30+ year career of the ‘Nature Boy.” It’s filled with exclusive footage from WrestleMania weekend, as well as the emotional sendoff Ric received at Raw the night after WrestleMania XXIV, including footage that never aired on television. Features several matches that have never before been released on DVD, from Mid-Atlantic, World Class Championship Wrestling, WCW, and more.

Disc 1

Beginnings

Plane Crash

The Nature Boy

Traveling Champion

Slick Ric

The Role of a Champion

The Four Horsemen

The Clash with Sting

Slaying the Dragon

Hardcore with Terry Funk

From Crockett to WCW

The Real World Champion

Troubles in WCW

Success in WWE

Evolution

WrestleMania 24 Weekend

Farewell to Flair

Flair Stories

Too Many Distractions

Buying Boots

Bleaching His Hair

Hanging with the Outlaws

Ric’s Relationship with the Members of Evolution

Key to the City March 24, 2008

Ric Flair Tribute Video

Disc 2

Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (18/08/82)

2 out of 3 Falls Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship

Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair

World Class Championship Wrestling (24/08/82)

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match

Ric Flair vs. Harley Race

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (31/08/83)

Ric Flair / Arn Anderson / Ole Anderson vs. Dusty Rhodes / Magnum TA / Manny Fernandez

World Wide Wrestling (15/12/85)

Sting vs. Ric Flair

Clash of the Champions (27/03/88)

Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk

Great American Bash (23/07/89)

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper

Madison Square Garden (28/10/91)

WCW Championship

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Spring Stampede (17/04/94)

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Triple H vs. Ric Flair

Taboo Tuesday (01/11/05)

Career Threatening Match

Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania 24 (30/03/08)

Extras

Ric Flair’s Farewell Address

RAW (31/03/08)

Promos

Limousine Drivin’ Jet Flyin’

Stylin & Profilin’ – NWA World Championship Wrestling May 25, 1985

Take a Ride on Space Mountain – NWA World Championship Wrestling June 22, 1985

The Boss – NWA World Championship Wrestling

August 17, 1985

Slick Ric – NWA World Championship Wrestling

September 7, 1985

Real Men Stay Up – NWA World Championship Wrestling September 21, 1985

What’s Causing All This – NWA World Championship Wrestling December 20, 1985

Space Mountainettes – NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987

Golden Spoon – NWA World Championship Wrestling November 13, 1987

No Flair vs. Vader, Starcade '93?

WTF.

Am I the only person who views that match as not only a highlight, but a major point in Ric Flair's career? Not only should that match be on the DVD, but so should all of the segments throughout the night.

Disappointed in the lack of matches for 3 discs, but I guess they are focusing on other things for this set.

No Flair vs. Vader, Starcade '93?

WTF.

Am I the only person who views that match as not only a highlight, but a major point in Ric Flair's career? Not only should that match be on the DVD, but so should all of the segments throughout the night.

Remember there's a Best of Starrcade dvd coming up soon, so maybe they're saving the match for that release. But yes, I'm also disappointed it's not in this set so hopefully they'll add it to the Starrcade dvd.

Flair has had so many matches I don't think any DVD set will ever be definitive, but these have some more good selections to compliment the 2003 DVD release. I am looking forward to the bio on disc 1, perhaps more than the matches.

Saw this on PWInsider:

Details on WWE's "The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment" DVD set, which is set for a 6/10 release, have been released. Promotional material for the DVD reads: "Throughout The Rock's incredible sports-entertainment career, fans and foes alike knew enough to know their role, shut their mouth, or risk a beatdown from the Brahma Bull. While he's gone from WWE rings to the big screen, his impact on professional wrestling will never be forgotten. The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment highlights the meteoric rise of The Great One, the first man to hold the WWE Championship seven times. This package is packed with 3 discs filled with 19 amazing matches."

DISC ONE

*Samoan Royalty

*WWE Intercontinental Champions Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Rocky Maivia (2/13/97 Raw)

*Rock the Ruler

*Owen Hart vs. The Rock (04/6/98 Raw)

*The Nation vs. DX

*King of the Ring 1998 Tournament : Triple H vs. The Rock (6/22/98 Raw)

*Rock's Big Chance

*Mankind vs. The Rock for vacant WWF title - Survivor Series 1998.

*Rocky Rivalry with Mankind

*Last Man Standing Match: Mankind vs. The Rock - St. Valentine's Day Massacre 99 PPV

*So it continues...

*Ladder Match: Mankind vs. The Rock (2/15/99 Raw)

*Two of the Most Charismatic Superstars Ever

*Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XV

DISC TWO

*The People's Champion

*Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Triple H (7/5/99 Raw)

*The Rock `n Sock Connection

*The Rock & Mankind vs. Undertaker & Big Show (8/30/99 Raw)

*The Verbal SmackDown!

*No Holds Barred Match: The Rock vs. Kane (12/30/99 Smackdown)

*The McMahon-Helmsley Regime vs. The Rock

*Triple H vs. The Rock - Backlash 2000

*The Following Night...

*Steel Cage Match: The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (5/1/00 Raw)

*The Great One vs. The Olympic Medalist

*Kurt Angle vs. The Rock - No Way Out 2001

*The New Title

*WCW Champion Booker T vs. The Rock - Summerslam 2001

*The Undisputed Champion

*WWE Undisputed Champion Chris Jericho vs. The Rock - Royal Rumble 2001

DISC 3

*Icon vs. Icon

*The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - Wrestlemania 18

*Triple Threat

*Kurt Angle vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock - Vengeance 2002

*Just Bring It

*The Rock vs. Eddie Guerrero (7/22/02 Raw)

*Third Time's A Charm?

*Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania XIX

*Transcending Sports Entertainment

*The Rock: The Most Electrifying in Sports Entertainment

Extras will be 15-20 Rock promos.

Note some differences between this and what was reported in April (for example, the 2000 match vs HHH is listed as being from Backlash, not Judgment Day).

The Luger and Savage feuds are inexplicably ignored for the Flair DVD. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise considering what the WWE thinks of those two. That being said, we are finally get the first Clash match with Sting and the Great American Bash match with Terry Funk. I've seen highlights of the Flair and Von Erich 2/3 Falls match and it looks pretty damn cool. Seeing Mid-Atlantic stuff with Brisco and Race should be a treat too.

That Flair set (The REAL Ultimate Ric Flair collection) is amazing. I can't wait!

The Rock set looks good, but I'm disappointed there's still no Rock / Helmsley Iron Man match.

Hell if you count the "Ric Flair and The Four Horsemen" Flair has gotten three, and still no Finkle.

So, the WM24 came out today, and I got the Blu-ray version. I didn't watch any of the actual show yet since I went straight to the Hall of Fame speeches. Rock's entire segment is much better seeing it in full.

But Flair's speech... damn. I think it clocked in around 90 minutes or so. Held my attention from start to finish. It's just tremendous. The Benoit mentions are not surprisingly edited out. I think he was supposed to be mentioned right when Flair started talking about coming back to WCW to form the Horsemen with Malenko, Arn, & Mongo. Even edited out, you can't tell that there's anything missing from the footage. It's very smooth.

I continue to be amazed by wwe's hatred for all things Vader. I'm starting to think that the reason there is no Sting dvd is because you couldn't make one without including Vader matches...

Hi Im Throwbackchampion newbie here. some of you may know me from wrestlingfigs,dvdtalk & etc.

I Mainly collect WWE Exclusive Discs in R1 Format & Wrestling Autographed DVD's

Here are some of my sweet sample pics of my collection:

DVD Glass Cabinet Display 1

DVCABN1.jpg

DVD Glass Cabinet Display 2

DVCABN2.jpg

WWEShop Exclusive Limited Edition Wrestlemania Anthology Leather DVD Box Set

WM_LE1.jpg

Limited Edition to 1000

Autographed by: Vince Mcmahon & C.O.A. by Linda Mcmahon

WM X-7 Film Cel Senitype Signed by: Triple H

WM_LE2.jpg

Two of My Precious Gem from my Collection: Autographed Wrestlemania Anthology Boxsets

WM_AllBox2.jpg

WM_AllBox1.jpg

- Personally Autographed by Vince Mcmahon, The Undertaker,Batista and many more WWE Superstars

WWE Live and Unscripted Exclusive DVD

LiveUnscriptdA.jpgLiveUnscriptdB.jpg

- Exclusively given to WWE Magazine subscribers in short limited quantities

2 Ultra Raw HomeComing Wal-Mart Exclusive (w/ WMXX Slimline) DVD Bnew Sealed

RAWHOME.jpgWMXX.jpg

2007 WWE Blockbuster Exclusive DVD Collection

WBlocbusterSet1.jpg

Bestbuy Exclusive WWE Ultimate Fan Edition DVD Boxsets

WWEFanEdition1.jpg

Here are my Newest Hauls....

Wrestlemania 24 DVD Exclusives

wm24set.jpg

Wrestlemania 24 Bluray Edition (2 disc)

WM24_BD.jpg

Wrestlemania 24 3 Disc Limited Edition Exclusive limited to 5000 Copies

WM24_BB.jpg

Limited Release w/ Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania 14 Film Cell Card

Wrestlemania 24 Tin Box FYE Giftset DVD

WM24_FYE.jpg

For more info & DVD Collection pics on my website http://throwbackchampion.blogspot.com

Throwbackchampion: Just checking...the black boxset...does that go beyond the gold boxset?

Also, are they the exact same discs, or did they fix the music problems.

...or haven't you opened either?

I continue to be amazed by wwe's hatred for all things Vader. I'm starting to think that the reason there is no Sting dvd is because you couldn't make one without including Vader matches...

It would be pretty hard, but I think they have enough stuff on Sting, that they could make a dvd not featuring Vader. It'd be tricky but it could be done.

Vader is on Foley's dvds. And I think the Undertaker's too. Sting hasn't gotten a dvd because he's signed to TNA. Before he re-signed with them, he was on the list of dvds to come out this year.

Edit: Apparantly, the only extras for WM 24 is the Battle Royal and the HOF. I'm quite disappointed WWE basically went barebones this year.

So FYE is the only place to get the Mania DVD with the special edition tincase?

Edit: Apparantly, the only extras for WM 24 is the Battle Royal and the HOF. I'm quite disappointed WWE basically went barebones this year.

The length of the HOF is probably to blame for that. But hell, I'll take a 90 minute Flair speech over vignettes and promo videos any day.

I picked up Wrestlemania and the McMahon DVD together. I'm liking the pairings they've done in recent years. Last years was HBK's Beyond The Vault and this year it's the McMahon DVD. Good shit.

I didn't like how they put the HOF out of synch. I understand the need to split it onto two disks, but still...

Can't wait to pick up Flair's new set, as well as the Rock's. Both look awesome.