TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

He means the Web Broadcast of the HOF and 23 minutes of Rock doing his thing are on Disc 2 and More Rock antics / Rocky Johnson / Peter Mavia / Flair portions are on Disc 3 (which also means it's out of order). I might be mistaken but it seems even the net broadcast was cut when it first aired because this just seems longer, particularly the Mae Young speech (though they cut JBL making fun of Rock for taking too long, probably because it makes no sense in this order).

On that note, Rock's speech was great but I was too tired to watch all of Flair's. I will likely do this before Raw.

Fun fact learned form Flair's HOF speech: The reason Lombardi is in so many DVD doc's is because he's the talent wrangler when it comes to those talking heads.

Fun fact learned from the Hardy's DVD (I believe Jeff's half): They were the door opening jesters at KOTR 95.

I don't know where to ask so I put it out here.

WWE UMD's. Are they the full length videos including extras or is it just the documentary? I'm trying to figure out if the Bret Hart UMD is just the documentary or if it includes the all the extra matches.

Reading around on google, I found that some UMD's just have the documentary and some have the documentary and a few matches only.

Anyone help me out?

I don't know where to ask so I put it out here.

WWE UMD's. Are they the full length videos including extras or is it just the documentary? I'm trying to figure out if the Bret Hart UMD is just the documentary or if it includes the all the extra matches.

Reading around on google, I found that some UMD's just have the documentary and some have the documentary and a few matches only.

Anyone help me out?

The Bret Hart UMD is just the documentary, no matches.

If anyone got the Backlash DVD... is it in widescreen, or was that something The E only did for WM24?

I got The Rocks DVD, working in a DVD store has its perks.

It's disappointing that he doesn't talk on it, it's all voice over, Clips and then matches like The Undertakers DVD.

Speaking of WM, I couldn't sit trough all of Flairs induction, damn that's a long speech.

I wonder why they put it on DVD like that, since I believe for the audience the Rock and Flair were the first 2 things on the show, though, it makes sense for The Rock and Flair to close the show.

Speaking of WM, I couldn't sit trough all of Flairs induction, damn that's a long speech.

Yeah, it's about 74 minutes long. Kinda odd that the name of ------- was removed from Flair's speech, but he's mentioned on HHH's recent DVD.

What's the oddest WWE DVD extra you've ever seen?

I would say it's the Sting Vs. Flair GAB 1990 match on the 2005 GAB DVD.

Oddest segment is certainly Buddy Rose's "blowaway diet" commercial on the Shawn Michaels Vault dvd.

What's the oddest WWE DVD extra you've ever seen?

I would say it's the Sting Vs. Flair GAB 1990 match on the 2005 GAB DVD.

Killer Khan vs. Andre on JD 03. I mean, I know why they did it but it seemed a bit random at the time.

Sold!

I was watching No Way Out and noticed they kept Adamle's "WEDF" slip in after removing the Jeff Harvey slip from the Rumble, but he says it so quick before correcting himself it might not have been worth the effort. Or maybe they left it in to keep up his idiot character? I don't recall when this came out on DVD vs. when Adamle took over on ECW. I also watched this on 24/7 but that's usually just the DVD version when it comes to PPVs.

On the subject of the "Jeff Harvey" slip from the Rumble, I was quite amused to see on the Jeff Hardy DVD that he actually WAS called Jeff Harvey on Superstars once.

In case anyone missed it, WWE has updated their future DVD releases:

Nature Boy Ric Flair - The Definitive Collection (3 Disc DVD) 07/08/08

WWE Night of Champions 2008 07/29/08

SummerSlam: The Complete Anthology (20 disc DVD) 08/05/08

The Great American Bash 2008 08/19/08

The Life & Times of Mr. Perfect (2-dsic DVD) 09/09/08

SummerSlam 2008 09/16/08

Sold!

I was watching No Way Out and noticed they kept Adamle's "WEDF" slip in after removing the Jeff Harvey slip from the Rumble, but he says it so quick before correcting himself it might not have been worth the effort. Or maybe they left it in to keep up his idiot character? I don't recall when this came out on DVD vs. when Adamle took over on ECW. I also watched this on 24/7 but that's usually just the DVD version when it comes to PPVs.

On the subject of the "Jeff Harvey" slip from the Rumble, I was quite amused to see on the Jeff Hardy DVD that he actually WAS called Jeff Harvey on Superstars once.

NWO dvd came out the week before mania, I belive Adamle took over on ecw the show after wm, or maybe the next week.

Anyone else pick up Rock's dvd?

There's no interviews with him or anything. I was disappointed in the matches. Looking back, I really despise that era with the constant interference every single match. The soundbites on disc three are fun though.

I picked up the Rock dvd tonight as well. I've watced 25% of the first disc so far and yeah I feel disapointed with it already. I think going with the way the Stone Cold dvd was presented was a mistake. Maybe having people talk about the Rock and his matches kinda like they did with Ric Flair's dvd would have been better, but yeah....I'm not really into this dvd so far.

I picked up the Rock dvd tonight as well. I've watced 25% of the first disc so far and yeah I feel disapointed with it already. I think going with the way the Stone Cold dvd was presented was a mistake. Maybe having people talk about the Rock and his matches kinda like they did with Ric Flair's dvd would have been better, but yeah....I'm not really into this dvd so far.

I'm not a fan of the way there are doing Superstar DVD's lately. What's wrong with a decnet 1.5-2 hr feature, and then just fill the remaining dics with matches. Worked fine with the Bret Hart DVD.

I too was disappointed with the format of the Rock DVD. The lack of interviews drained the life out of the feature and I hate that they are now inserting matches into the DVD's "documentary." It's lazy as hell and robs viewers of some of the excellent documentaries that the WWE has done, such as the ones for ECW and the AWA. The match selection looks like they left out a lot of Rock's best matches. The interviews are pretty good though.

The one thing that's driving me crazy is the blurring. Not the logo blurring...I'm used to that. I'm talking about the fact that they are now blurring whenever Austin flips someone off or raises his middle fingers to the crowd. Now all of a sudden the WWE is catering to the kids. Hey, WWE...if you want to cater to the kids then you shouldn't have released a DVD that profiled a man (Austin) who has a history of violence against women. Censoring the language and obscene gestures is annoying the hell out of me but it's even worse when they do it on 24/7. 24/7 is a On-Demand service marketed to older fans and that can only be purchased with a credit card, something children don't have.

Does anybody have the Undertaker: The Phenom DVD? It's one of the last DVDs I need.

Cover for the Mr. Perfect dvd, from amazon.com:

51wBbyyqxxL._SS500_.jpg

Awww...no swatting his own gum? :(

He's caught it on his fingertip, obviously perfectly.

That's probably a birthday DVD for me, assuming I can wait long enough to not just buy it myself.

Question for the panel: If you had to recommend one, would you recommend the AWA or WCCW documentary?

Question for the panel: If you had to recommend one, would you recommend the AWA or WCCW documentary?

I thought both were pretty good, but definitely the WCCW is the most powerful one.

I thought both were pretty good, but definitely the WCCW is the most powerful one.

I wasn't familiar with WCCW that much, but I was pleasantly surprised with WCCW's production values. I argue that it wasn't really matched until the WWF in the early 90s.