TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

$19.99 is the Amazon sale price, I can tell you that much. That's a good price for 3 discs.

I got the Austin and Rock 3 DVD sets at Best Buy for $20 total, though they were $15 each but I had a $10 RZ gift card. Not to mention Rey and HBK's sets for $12 each and the horsemen set for 90 pepsi points.

I was hoping someone would go lower than $19.99 even like $17.99 or a freebie with purchase but nothing..bah.

If you can afford to pay extra money for overpriced cans of pop labeled "energy drinks", you can afford DVDs without finding a $2 discount.

The Warrior Bonus Disc is:

Warrior vs. Hercules (MSG, 1988)

Warrior vs. Sgt. Slaughter (SNME, 1991, rematch from Royal Rumble)

Warrior vs. Savage (SummerSlam 1992)

The MSRP on the Flair set is $34.99, so $19.99 IS the sale price.

Picked up the Ric Flair new dvd set. I'm happy to say that WWE went the route they should stay when it comes to their dvds and went in documentry form, where Ric Flair and others just talk about different things in Ric's career. WWE should really just keep doing their dvd sets this way.

Once again, I know it doesn't help since it deals with new releases, but always check out wwe.com for DVD sales. Undertaker's 3 disc is 14.98 there right now, and HBK's 1st DVD & Boyhood Dream combo are 15.98.

That's a good price on the Taker set, Shawn's combo is pretty useless if you have his latest set. From The Vault does have the Diesel match from IYH: Good Friends Better Enemies, though. "Boyhood Dream" is some Coliseum Video re-issue with hacked up match clips.

Got the Ric Flair DVD today and I really enjoyed the documentary. It was a pretty good one. They even have a clip of Flair winning his first World title in 1981.

$19.99 is the Amazon sale price, I can tell you that much. That's a good price for 3 discs.

I got the Austin and Rock 3 DVD sets at Best Buy for $20 total, though they were $15 each but I had a $10 RZ gift card. Not to mention Rey and HBK's sets for $12 each and the horsemen set for 90 pepsi points.

I was hoping someone would go lower than $19.99 even like $17.99 or a freebie with purchase but nothing..bah.

If you can afford to pay extra money for overpriced cans of pop labeled "energy drinks", you can afford DVDs without finding a $2 discount.

I paid 41 cents a can for my energy drinks, thank you very much (10 dollars a 24 pack)

I'll probably get the Flair set later when I have a GC to use at BB again..

Yeah, he really goes into detail in his book about it. The NWA picked him as champion because they thought (correctly) that he was capable of working a great match everytime he went out there. Dusty was disappointed and chose to drop the belt in Kansas City, where he wasn't big and where Flair wasn't big.

any word if the Summerslam Anthology set will be released in four parts like the Rumble and Mania ones were

I'm watching the Ric Flair vs Kerry Von Erich 2 outta 3 falls match for the first time and I must say...it's a pretty damn good match. Nice match selection for the set.

I was hoping my Flair DVD would have arrived Wednesday afternoon, but no dice. I'm at work until noon now and doing the same thing Thursday night / Friday morning so that doesn't leave me a lot of time to watch the DVD between shifts. I became acustomed to Amazon shipping pre-orders on Saturday and having them arrive on Tuesday, but I guess either because they really didn't have the DVDs until then or because of the holiday weekend, it didn't ship until Monday afternoon.

any word if the Summerslam Anthology set will be released in four parts like the Rumble and Mania ones were

I can't see why it wouldn't be. It's already broke up into 4 "Volumes". They may not release the seperate packs right away, but after a little while it only makes sense to release the individual packs

Watched the complete Flair Farewell, it amazes me that WWE has shown more respect towards Ric Flair that WCW ever did...well okay actually it doesn't.

One of the extras for the Night of Champions DVD is going to be Jim Ross' farewell address on RAW. Hopefully that means the CM Punk Title win will be included as well.

I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but I rented the AWA DVD and good GOD does Scott Hall look absolutely NOTHING like he does now. I thought I'd be able to recognize him at least a little, but there is no resemblance whatsoever now.

It was the debut of Kane as well as the HIAC. True it's misleading, but any time the match is ever mentioned it is primarily centered around "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE" and Michaels is only mentioned in passing as the benefactor of Kane's interference.

It was the debut of Kane as well as the HIAC. True it's misleading, but any time the match is ever mentioned it is primarily centered around "THAT'S GOTTA BE KANE" and Michaels is only mentioned in passing as the benefactor of Kane's interference.

And the Michaels/Undertaker match is still one of the best HIAC matches.

If it is a three disc set, I'm thinking it has to have all of them. I don't know about this set, as there is no Hell in a Cell that is something that I have to have or extremely rare. I mean, I have all of them on tape or DVD already except Jericho/HHH from Judgment Day 02 because the rarity of that DVD. I guess it would be good to get HHH/Cactus on DVD and I've always had a soft spot for the Armaggedon 6-man, but I'd probably wait for this set to go on sale cheap.

Y'know what... I'll probably get this if it's EVERY HIAC. That's a set of almost all good matches... sure they're mostly out there already, but still, I don't have the majority of them, so it's good.

If it is a three disc set, I'm thinking it has to have all of them. I don't know about this set, as there is no Hell in a Cell that is something that I have to have or extremely rare. I mean, I have all of them on tape or DVD already except Jericho/HHH from Judgment Day 02 because the rarity of that DVD. I guess it would be good to get HHH/Cactus on DVD and I've always had a soft spot for the Armaggedon 6-man, but I'd probably wait for this set to go on sale cheap.

The HHH/Cactus HIAC is on the "Triple H: The Game" 2-disc that came out a couple of months back.

I buy almost every wrestler-specific collection they put out, so I have MOST of the HIAC matches already, including the "Kennel From Hell" (Foley's Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops disc from 2001), but I'll still buy this if it has every HIAC match. I hope they don't take the same route as the "Bloodbath" cage match DVD and the Ladder Match sets and just show clips of certain ones. They could put all of them over three discs, and just take out all the entrances and crap, and not have any interviews, just a match selection. We'll see, I guess.