TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

Not too surprised about that seeing how it was the worst HIAC match. My favorite one has to be Lesnar Vs. Undertaker.

Despite this thread's subject line, we at CCITY are not carrying the SS set. Actually I think I'll wait for the volumes to come out, as I have no use for the last volume.

So did anybody here get the Summerslam set and has a review? I'm wondering myself, what they are like.

So did anybody here get the Summerslam set and has a review? I'm wondering myself, what they are like.

I have the set but no real review to write. I am up to 1994, though.

Anything specific you need to know?

I'd like to know something if you don't mind. I heard the SS anthology has the dvds in cardboard sleeves rather than plastic trays like the RR or WM anthologies. If this is so , how do they look? I mean , are your discs scratched or were they packaged poorly?

Thanks in advance.

Hey quick inquiry: Which Foley DVD has the Kennel in a Cell match as a hidden extra: Hard Knocks, Cheap Pops (which I don't have) or Greatest Hits and Misses (which I do)?

Edited by KingPK

I'd like to know something if you don't mind. I heard the SS anthology has the dvds in cardboard sleeves rather than plastic trays like the RR or WM anthologies. If this is so , how do they look? I mean , are your discs scratched or were they packaged poorly?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in Canada, and I get the cardboard sleeve packaging for the discs, and I'm pretty sure those in the States get that too. The UK might be a different story.

My discs have had the odd slight scratch on them, but that might not necessarily have been from the cardboard anyway. At any rate, they've been playing fine on some old player of mine that I really need to replace (and that player has had the occasional trouble with other WWE DVDs for some reason, but not this set). Other than that, they were packaged fine and well secured, but check your discs carefully, of course, when you get the set.

I'm in Canada, and I get the cardboard sleeve packaging for the discs, and I'm pretty sure those in the States get that too. The UK might be a different story.

My discs have had the odd slight scratch on them, but that might not necessarily have been from the cardboard anyway. At any rate, they've been playing fine on some old player of mine that I really need to replace (and that player has had the occasional trouble with other WWE DVDs for some reason, but not this set). Other than that, they were packaged fine and well secured, but check your discs carefully, of course, when you get the set.

I appreciate your help , thank you.

No problem.

Wanted to mention that too that not all my discs have scratches, just the odd one, and even then it's hardly noticeable.

Of course, things may depend on different sets.

Hey quick inquiry: Which Foley DVD has the Kennel in a Cell match as a hidden extra: Hard Knocks, Cheap Pops (which I don't have) or Greatest Hits and Misses (which I do)?

Hard Knocks, Cheap Pops has it.

It's also one of the most common Attitude era DVDs and you can probably pick up a used copy online for well under $10.

e: $6 for a new copy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000059HC0

Changes on the SummerSlam Anthology

SummerSlam 1988

- Don Muraco Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 1989

- No Edits

SummerSlam 1990

- No Edits

SummerSlam 1991

- The Dragon Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 1992

- Possibly some generic theme over the beginning of the PPV when they interview fans. I don't remember any music playing on the original version.

SummerSlam 1993

- No Edits

SummerSlam 1994

- At the beginning it shows a event name & date banner in the top left corner. Like they show on WWE 24/7. Looks like they just used a WWE 24/7 version.

SummerSlam 1995

- They cut the sound out when the guy shills Diesel's t-shirt during the Smoking Gunns intro. They may edit the sound out on all other shilling on the Anthology but I've only skimmed through the set to find the most obvious edits.

SummerSlam 1996

- The intro music is altered and a new voice over person is used.

- Faarooq Asad Replaced By Generic Centurion Theme

SummerSlam 1997

- No Edits

SummerSlam 1998

- AC/DC - Highway To Hell Replaced By Generic Theme

- Marvelous Marc Mero Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 1999

- No Edits

SummerSlam 2000

- Production Theme Song Replaced By Generic Theme

- Steve Blackman Replaced By Generic Theme

- The Undertaker Replaced By You're Gonna Pay Theme

SummerSlam 2001

- X-Pac Replaced By Generic Theme

(Obviously 98-01 has WWF logo blurred)

SummerSlam 2002

- Ric Flair (Uses his 1992/1993 Theme. Bit stupid seeing as WWE made their own version of Also Sprach Zarathustra)

- Edge Replaced By Edge & Christian Theme

SummerSlam 2003

- Metallica - St. Anger Replaced By Generic Theme

- Dudley Boyz Replaced By We're Comin Down Theme

- Pans to the crowd before Goldberg tripping up after him doing his entrance punches & kick.

SummerSlam 2004

- Rush - Summertime Blues Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 2005

- Fat Joe (Feat Nelly) - Get It Poppin' Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 2006

- Godsmack - The Enemy Replaced By Generic Theme

SummerSlam 2007

- Kat DeLuna (Feat Elephant Man) - Whine Up Replaced By Generic Theme

That Goldberg edit was on the original SummerSlam 2003 DVD too. Big difference there is not only was St. Anger kept, but they had a "thank you" at the end AND the music video. No loss though. Marvelous Marc Mero's theme is awesome, though so that's too bad but really, this sort of thing is not the end of the world.

I have had the DVD set for a few weeks, but I've just started disc 2 of Austin's. I'm surprised they left the Cold Day in Hell promo in there. Not only does Pettengill call the KICK WHAM STUNNER as a "knee to the midsection followed by a stunner", but he also shouts, "TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!" when Undertaker delivers a chokeslam to Austin.

No problem.

Wanted to mention that too that not all my discs have scratches, just the odd one, and even then it's hardly noticeable.

Of course, things may depend on different sets.

I went ahead and picked it up yesterday , BestBuy has it for $159 , and I also used a 10% coupon.

I was wanting to put Vols. 3&4 on eBay , like most others are doing. However , I think I'll keep them after all. ;) I'm not disappointed in my purchase. Thanks again for the heads up!

Glad to see that Guerrero will have another DVD release. While his initial DVD was solid in terms of his life story, it focused very little on what he did inside the ring. Wonder if we'll see the Benoit ban lifted for this release?

Changes on the SummerSlam Anthology

SummerSlam 2001

- X-Pac Replaced By Generic Theme

As an owner of the set, I can confirm that, yes, "Bodies" is still intact as the PPV theme.

I'd also like to point out the Ric Flair theme issue was going on a lot with 2002/2003 DVD releases as I recall and was an edit on the original issue of SummerSlam 2002, so they likely just reused that.

Is the Kane vs. RVD match from 2003 edited to remove Kane's slip off the top rope?

And what about all of Jericho's fuck-ups in 2001 in his match against Rhyno?