TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I watched the Mr. Perfect documentary on You Tube today and quite honestly, it was a piece of crap.

Total fluff piece with absurd amounts of filler and Greg Gagne endlessly talking about how great the AWA was

On the documentary alone, this was an epic fail. Which the WWE has seemed to do more of

Frankly, I was surprised they even said he died from Cocaine

But, of course, they completely brushed it off..

I understand why they completely erased the Savage stuff as they have a vendetta against him.

But they could have at least mentioned the feud with Hogan and why Perfect was always downgraded as a middle card talent. Or, the feud with Shawn Michaels, his back issues, the constant reappearing and disappearing from the WWF until he finally left for WCW and his apparent drug use.

Hell, wasn't he released for the last time after being intoxicated and making an ass out of himself?

Heck of a lot more interesting than more than ten minutes of him being hilarious and putting frozen poop in other wrestlers bags.

But by far the best part in the documentary is when Hennig joined WCW and turned agaist Flair.

Arn Anderson talks about how Perfect was paid off to join the NWO when the very next shot is Flair talking about how they tried to recreate the cage slamming incident from WCCW.

While it was the highlight of the documentary, someone really needs to take Arn aside and tell him to drop the charade.

I thought the video was pretty well done could have been a little longer and went over feuds, but for an overview of his life and career this was pretty well done.

I got the Summerslam Anthology in the mail today (for only $40!) and does anyone else hate the slots for the DVDs?

Details please.

Borders.com released a 80% off coupon code (I heard mistakenly, but I don't really know how) for a short time last weekend and I used it on that. They canceled like 90% of the orders that used the code but my order ended up going through. It was pure luck. Since Borders had it for near $200, 80% off of that ended up being near $40.

I've definitely gotten very lucky with the Anthologies. I picked up the Rumble Anthology and the first two volumes of the WM Anthology for $50 used from someone on another forum a couple of months ago.

I wouldn't really be interested in a Rick Rude dvd.

Ted DiBiase had nice matches but few great ones, and what would you put in the documentary? He was too nice behind the scenes to make anything truly interesting.

I'm surprised they haven't done a true Andre the Giant dvd yet. He had an interesting life, they have tons of footage now from the territories, and he's recognizable even to non fans.

I wouldn't really be interested in a Rick Rude dvd.

Ted DiBiase had nice matches but few great ones, and what would you put in the documentary? He was too nice behind the scenes to make anything truly interesting.

I'm surprised they haven't done a true Andre the Giant dvd yet. He had an interesting life, they have tons of footage now from the territories, and he's recognizable even to non fans.

This is why I wish the WWE would continue the "From the Vault" DVD series that they started with Shawn Michaels. When you have a superstar, but don't have enough material for a documentary, just compile some of that's superstars best matches (with the angles, interviews, and promos associated with each match) on a two-DVD set.

is CM Punk's title win included on the Night of Champions DVD?

no they just show JR 's farewell speech. Also a funny note, I just got the NOC dvd (as well as the GAB 08 dvd), and I noticed they used the same banners with the various belts on them that they used last year. But I guess there was no ECW banner last year but there was a Cruiserweight title one (hey remember that belt? WWE doesn't) in 07. So guess what they did? If you guessed take the CW banner and cheaply write ECW over it,you are correct.

I don't know what the hell I'm Broke was talkinga bout, I watched the Mr. Perfect DVD tonight and thought it was great. And the stuff from Arn was taken from the Four Horsemen dvd.

I've found five easter eggs on the Mr. Perfect dvd.

Disc 1

Easter Egg 1: Hit right a few times on the "Rap is Crap" music video under Special Features to see the live performance of Rap is Crap on Thunder.

Easter Egg 2: Hit right a few times on "Curt Loved Karaoke" under Special Features to hear Chris Jericho tell a story about a Curt Hennig Rib.

Easter Egg 3: Hit left a few times on "Mr. Perfect" under Chapters to see a AWA Promo.

Easter Egg 4: Hit right a few times on "The Prankster" under Chapters to hear Wade Boggs tell a Hennig rib story.

Disc 2

Easter Egg 5: Hit left a few times on "Mr. Perfect vs Hulk Hogan" under scene selection to see Mr. Perfect destroying the WWF Heavyweight Title.

is CM Punk's title win included on the Night of Champions DVD?

no they just show JR 's farewell speech. Also a funny note, I just got the NOC dvd (as well as the GAB 08 dvd), and I noticed they used the same banners with the various belts on them that they used last year. But I guess there was no ECW banner last year but there was a Cruiserweight title one (hey remember that belt? WWE doesn't) in 07. So guess what they did? If you guessed take the CW banner and cheaply write ECW over it,you are correct.

You're about 2.5 months late, as it was mentioned quite a few times during and after the PPV.

I don't know what the hell I'm Broke was talkinga bout, I watched the Mr. Perfect DVD tonight and thought it was great. And the stuff from Arn was taken from the Four Horsemen dvd.

He was ashamed wrestling fan in disguise. That's all we need to know about his thoughts on anything.

I liked the documentary, but I was diappointed in how they skipped over Hennig's comeback as a babyface in 1992 teaming with Savage at the Survivor Series. And they also pretty much skipped over everything else from when he managed Flair in 1992 until 1996 when he managed Triple H.

Yeah I liked the documentary myself as well, but felt it could have been about 30 minutes longer. Overall a good DVD though.

I liked the documentary, but I was diappointed in how they skipped over Hennig's comeback as a babyface in 1992 teaming with Savage at the Survivor Series. And they also pretty much skipped over everything else from when he managed Flair in 1992 until 1996 when he managed Triple H.

Same here - I thought it was really odd that they totally skipped over that entire era.

Someone above said something about them having a vendetta against savage.. they must not have that much of a vendetta as he's pretty prominently featured when JR is talking about how the IC champ was always recognized as the best wrestler in the organization.

I've just started watching the Perfect DVD, and the best part for me so far is the blooper reel from the Mr. Perfect vignettes

Those were great! I never even think about bloopers when I watch those things. They must have a shitload of outtakes for everyone on file somewhere. That would make an awesome single disc release. :P