TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The OAO WWE DVD Thread

I'm actually not to upset because most of the best and biggest Starrcade matches have been released on DVD. Though it is a disappointment. I'd like to see them do for Starrcade what they did for Wrestlemania but I don't think the demand's there.

Easter eggs on the Mr. Perfect DVD...

Disc 1

Easter Egg 1: Hit right a few times on the "Rap is Crap" music video under Special Features to see the live performance of Rap is Crap on Thunder.

Easter Egg 2: Hit right a few times on "Curt Loved Karaoke" under Special Features to hear Chris Jericho tell a story about a Curt Hennig Rib.

Easter Egg 3: Hit left a few times on "Mr. Perfect" under Chapters to see a AWA Promo.

Easter Egg 4: Hit right a few times on "The Prankster" under Chapters to hear Wade Boggs tell a Hennig rib story.

Disc 2

Easter Egg 5: Hit left a few times on "Mr. Perfect vs Hulk Hogan" under scene selection to see Mr. Perfect destroying the WWF Heavyweight Title.

Alright, I'm a little confused. I ordered a used Wrestlemania Anthology from SecondSpin.com during their recent 20% off/free shipping sale and I got it in the mail today. It's in great condition, so all of that is fine. Where I'm confused is I thought the set only had WM 1-20 in the boxes inside the set, then had 21 in a little place on the inside of the lid, but the set I received has both WM 21 and 22 in a separate small DVD case on top of the big boxes with all of the other WM shows in them.

When did they release a second version if it?

Not that I'm complaining though. :)

According to PWInsider, the Best of Starrcade DVD due out later this year has now been canceled. It will be replaced with a Kane DVD. Saying I am upset would be a huge understatement.

Well, you're a 24/7 subscriber and they basically moved it to 24/7 in November, so it's all good.

And for those of us without WWE 24/7?

Oh, well. I'd rather have the Starrcade Anthology anyway.

I thought you were a subscriber? Anyway, point taken and all (because I have no way of recording something off TV to a DVD - tried a DVD Recorder once, failed miserably, it went back to the store) but I know from talking to HMTT that he records 24/7 stuff to DVD anyway so someone who isn't him should have made the complaint.

Is there still going to be a Freebirds DVD?

There never was gonna be a Freebirds DVD (at least not a WWE release)

Damn, I thought I read that somewhere a while back. I was thinking it was going to be like "Ric Flair & the Four Horsemen" style.

I'd like to see an all around "Stables of Wrestling" DVD set.. go over the Legion of Doom, the Freebirds, Dangerous Alliance, and so-on. That would be pretty cool.

It's funny to see the "Hulk Still Rules" ad cut from SummerSlam 2002 even though Heyman references it in his promo with Brock. I also don't think I never noticed before that Rey's WCW music is used in the Angle/Austin package in 2001 (or noticed before and then forgot).

Seems like they are still doing a Starrcade DVD according to JR's latest blog post:

Just spent most of the day Monday (these 4 a.m. wake up calls are killing me) working on an upcoming Starrcade DVD and hosting the final, top 5 bouts in Starrcade history for WWE 24/7.

I thought you were a subscriber? Anyway, point taken and all (because I have no way of recording something off TV to a DVD - tried a DVD Recorder once, failed miserably, it went back to the store) but I know from talking to HMTT that he records 24/7 stuff to DVD anyway so someone who isn't him should have made the complaint.

My girlfriend was a subscriber for the sole purpose of taping everything for me, but she's had to cut back on things due to some bullshit at her job that I won't go into. So yeah, the cancellation/delay/whatever is frustrating as hell.

Seems like they are still doing a Starrcade DVD according to JR's latest blog post:

Just spent most of the day Monday (these 4 a.m. wake up calls are killing me) working on an upcoming Starrcade DVD and hosting the final, top 5 bouts in Starrcade history for WWE 24/7.

Huh. I thought they canceled it. Not that I'm complaining they didn't...

According to Silvervision, here's the match listing for the new guerrero DVD.

Disc 1

The Complete Package

Vickie Guerrero – Early Eddie

ECW World Television Championship Match

2 Cold Scorpio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Hardcore TV April 8, 1995

Dean Malenko – A New Style in ECW

ECW World Television Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

Hostile City Showdown April 15, 1995

Jim Ross – Arrival in WCW

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shinjiro Otani

Starrcade December 27, 1995

Ric Flair – US Title

United States Heavyweight Championship Match

Ric Flair vs. Eddie Guerrero

Hog Wild August 10, 1996

Chris Jericho – Battling for Respect

United States Heavyweight Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho

SuperBrawl February 23, 1997

Rey Mysterio – Striving for Perfection

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Nitro November 10, 1997

Dean Malenko – Rivalry Renewed

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko

Starrcade December 28, 1997

Chavo Guerrero – Adapting Wrestling Styles

Eddie Guerrero vs. Ultimo Dragon

Slamboree May 17, 1998

Chavo Guerrero – Ring General

Juventud Guerrera vs. Eddie Guerrero

Nitro August 3, 1998

Vickie Guerrero – Car Accident

Psychosis vs. Eddie Guerrero

Thunder June 24, 1999

Disc 2

Chris Jericho – Latino Heat

European Championship Match

Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero

RAW April 3, 2000

Matt Hardy – Master of Psychology

King of the Ring Qualifying Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Matt Hardy

SmackDown! June 8, 2000

Jerry “The King” Lawler – Frogsplash

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Rob Van Dam vs. Eddie Guerrero

Backlash April 21, 2002

Jeff Hardy – The Perfect Wrestler

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Jeff Hardy

RAW April 29, 2002

Edge – The Conclusion

No Disqualification Match

Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero

SmackDown! September 26, 2002

Chavo Guerrero – Los Guerreros

WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Team Angle vs. Los Guerreros

Backlash April 27, 2003

John Cena – Low Rider

Latino Heat Parking Lot Brawl

John Cena vs. Eddie Guerrero

SmackDown! September 11, 2003

Chavo Guerrero Sr. – Family Rivalry

Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero

Royal Rumble January 25, 2004

Vickie Guerrero – Champion

WWE Championship Match

Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie Guerrero

No Way Out February 15, 2004

Extras

Los Guerreros Vignettes

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Baby Carriage

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Pool

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Low Rider

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Golf

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Vale

• Los Guerreros Vignette – Outtakes

Disc 3

Rey Mysterio – True Champion

WWE Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

SmackDown! March 18, 2004

JBL – Heated Rivalry

WWE Championship Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. John “Bradshaw” Layfield

Judgment Day – May 16, 2004

JBL – Wrestling a Live Wire

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship

JBL vs. Eddie Guerrero

SmackDown! July 15, 2004

Michael Cole – Entertaining

WWE Championship Series

Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

SmackDown! April 14, 2005

Rey Mysterio – Born with Charisma

Steel Cage Match

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

SmackDown! September 9, 2005

Batista – Losing a Friend

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Batista vs. Eddie Guerrero

No Mercy October 9, 2005

Remembering Eddie

Extras

Chris Jericho Meets Eddie for the First Time

Eddie’s Final Match

Eddie Guerrero vs. Mr. Kennedy

SmackDown! November 11, 2005

Also, the UK has an exclusive 4th disc that has the Raw and Smackdown eddie tribute episodes.

Yeah, I'm pretty much sold on the Eddie DVD if just for the No DQ match with Edge. When it first aired, I remember them announcing it at the beginning of the show, and then I fell asleep and woke up for the last two minutes or so. I was pissed. But hey, the rest of the set is great too.

FUCK BENOIT.

I have the Wrestlemania XX DVD, so whatever if they chopped that out. BUT, no debut of the Radicalz? That was one of the best moments in WWF history.

Looks like we'll never see that again.

Cool, finally get Eddy/Scorpio and Eddy/Dean from Hostile City Showdown on DVD, plus Eddy/Ohtani from Starrcade though I figured that would be on Best of Starrcade since it's one of the best matches from that particular DVD, but I guess it fits better here.

I really like the look of the Guerrero set. I like that WWE has started to make "companion" compilations to earlier DVDs and this set will fit very well beside the "Cheating Death, Stealing Life" DVD.

I'm ticked that 4th disc is UK only. I've been looking for both of those shows recently.

Yeah, those would be cool additions. They are not complete shows again because of Benoit. The Benoit interview from RAW was cut and the Smackdown main event was HHH vs. Benoit, so there is no main event to Smackdown.

I'm ticked that 4th disc is UK only. I've been looking for both of those shows recently.

It's also going to be available in Canada (Raw at Best Buy and Smackdown at Sunrise Records)

I'd guess it would be available here, and if not, you can get the Canadian version.

Also, with the Hell in a Cell DVD set, FYE will have a limited numbered edition with busts of Undertaker and Kane separately (6500 UT, 3500 Kane)

How good are the Smackdown matches against Angle and Rey? Does the Angle match hold up to their WMXX match at all?

The March 18, 2004 Championship Match versus Rey Mysterio I remember as being truly great stuff, possibly better than anything they did on their 2005 series. I vaguely remember that series of matches with Kurt so I cannot say if they matched their ManiaXX or SummerSlam outings.

It's also going to be available in Canada (Raw at Best Buy and Smackdown at Sunrise Records)

I'd guess it would be available here, and if not, you can get the Canadian version.

Also, with the Hell in a Cell DVD set, FYE will have a limited numbered edition with busts of Undertaker and Kane separately (6500 UT, 3500 Kane)

Sunrise? Damn that's obscure..

From amazon.com, cover art for Edge's 3-disc dvd set, coming out December 23rd.

Fans may love to hate Edge, but they'll love this impressive collection of matches where Edge has won the WWE Championship (2 times), World Heavyweight Championship (2 times), Intercontinental Championship (5 times), U.S. Championship, WWE Tag Team Championship, and World Tag Team Championship (11 times!). To date, the "Rated R Superstar" has never had a DVD collection highlighting his amazing career, but Edge--A Decade of Decadence changes that. This 3-DVD set will feature dozens of the greatest matches and moments from Edge's career.

51taafUMlqL._SS500_.jpg